Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Oh, the feelz is not to be confused with having feelings or emotions

The feelz is better understood as a a mentality where this applies:

Even INTPs can have the feelz. Usually they catch it in their early twenties, and if they're lucky, they grow out of it in their late twenties.
    Very interesting indeed, especially the growing out of it part, to which I'd have to disagree. According to my understanding of how "cognitive function development theory" works, namely we start tapping into our subconscious functions (tert
    + inf.) as we age in both frequency and ease. Since INTPs have inferior Fe they "should" start to exhibit symptoms of 'the feelz' as they age. That's gotta suck :/ I blame self actualization cronies and their 'the feelz' cabal, that or the commies.

The above aligns with my own anecdotal evidence aka "lived experience".
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Very interesting indeed, especially the growing out of it part, to which I'd have to disagree. According to my understanding of how "cognitive function development theory" works, namely we start tapping into our subconscious functions (tert
    + inf.) as we age in both frequency and ease. Since INTPs have inferior Fe they "should" start to exhibit symptoms of 'the feelz' as they age. That's gotta suck :/ I blame self actualization cronies and their 'the feelz' cabal, that or the commies.

The above aligns with my own anecdotal evidence aka "lived experience".
    I blame the commies.

I think that INTPs start "experimenting" in their twenties so they swing far too out of balance in the other direction. They start relying on their Extraverted Feeling when it's not really equipped to do that. Usually what ends up happening is that they just end up thoughtlessly absorbing whatever idea they associate with the "right" cause.

I know, because I've been there.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I blame the commies.

I think that INTPs start "experimenting" in their twenties so they swing far too out of balance in the other direction. They start relying on their Extraverted Feeling when it's not really equipped to do that. Usually what ends up happening is that they just end up thoughtlessly absorbing whatever idea they associate with the "right" cause.

I know, because I've been there.
    Damn commies! Still trying to stay relevant. Although in the broadest sense, this makes sense; thinkers get 'the feelz' and feelers get 'the thinkz with age/experience? OMG did I just coin the binary opposition to 'the 'feelz'?!?! If so how could I monetize this? *rubs hands together*

I looked into development theory while initially researching tert. conflict loops and how to perceive them with an eye towards breaking them, like a 'combo breaker' in Street Fighter, but only sorta. As it turns out its the inferior function that does the breaking. This seems to be what you're describing! OMG synchronicity!

After learning this I tried to incorporate into how I type people, i.e. how some one handles and expresses a loop. Heck I've even 'stressed' someone just to test it out. Ehhh, but then I saw something shiny... Never did finish my "research" on the matter...

I blame 'the thinkz'.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Damn commies! Still trying to stay relevant. Although in the broadest sense, this makes sense; thinkers get 'the feelz' and feelers get 'the thinkz with age/experience? OMG did I just coin the binary opposition to 'the 'feelz'?!?! If so how could I monetize this? *rubs hands together*
    You could pull an L. Ron Hubbard and start a new religion!

I looked into development theory while initially researching tert. conflict loops and how to perceive them with an eye towards breaking them, like a 'combo breaker' in Street Fighter, but only sorta. As it turns out its the inferior function that does the breaking. This seems to be what you're describing! OMG synchronicity!
    The best way, for an intuitive introvert anyway, is to probably start observing and paying attention to reality, rather than following whatever script is running inside your head. I think the issue is less "emotion or reason" but rather, not knowing the proper role of these things.

I blame 'the thinkz'.
    What is it like when you get "the thinkz'? Is it recoiling from human contact because logic dictates it?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

You could pull an L. Ron Hubbard and start a new religion!

The best way, for an intuitive introvert anyway, is to probably start observing and paying attention to reality, rather than following whatever script is running inside your head. I think the issue is less "emotion or reason" but rather, not knowing the proper role of these things.

What is it like when you get "the thinkz'? Is it recoiling from human contact because logic dictates it?
    Eggscellent idea!

I think loops by their nature are type specific and by extension the means to self detect one. As an infp I loop Fi + Si for example. For me this manifests as hurt feelings or confused feelings so I replay eventa in my mind over and over and then my lil buddy Ne comes along ands starts running what if acenario building. Rinse repeat. Technically loops use the first three. With the Ne its so much mental masturbation but without the ' happy ending'

In more general terms though I think common characteristics are repetitive and/or obsessive thinking/doing, depending on type. Ive become decently proficient at self diagnosis now.

Hmmm 'the thinkz'. Well when I was younger I really really trusted my gut feelings. Ever thought you were really right about something but with your whole being only to 'learn' otherwise? Yeah have a few of those . What else am I wrong on? . So yeah 'the thinkz' makes me warm and fuzzy now. I now distrust any initial judgement/thought I have and instead ask questions and do research as best I can. Theoretical understanding however is < theoretical + experiential knowledge. If there is no official research I setup and do my own "research".

After arriving at a more sound "initial" conclusion I then look into the antithesis, rinse repeat afore mentioned method. I then try to synthesize. As a final polishing measure I seek out external corroboration. Its validating since I now inherently distrust anything my own mind comes up with initially.

Hmmm other humans can be distracting though when I drill deep. They're OK though, as long as they aren't commies

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly
    Hmmm 'the thinkz'. Well when I was younger I really really trusted my gut feelings. Ever thought you were really right about something but with your whole being only to 'learn' otherwise? Yeah have a few of those . What else am I wrong on? . So yeah 'the thinkz' makes me warm and fuzzy now. I now distrust any initial judgement/thought I have and instead ask questions and do research as best I can. Theoretical understanding however is > theoretical + experiential knowledge. If there is no official research I setup and do my own "research".
    That's interesting, because I often mistrusted my gut feelings, as well as my intuition. It took me we a while to learn that sometimes those things are worth paying attention to, and that sometimes it really is a good idea to stick to my guns.

Perhaps the expression of my feelings needs some fine-tuning, but they are worth paying attention to.

I'd describe "the feelz" as not just inferior feeling, but really stupid inferior feeling that generates a sense of self-righteousness in the possessor. I don't want to use the phrase "holier-than-thou" because it doesn't have to be limited to a religious person, but yes, it's a sense of morality that is very "in your face."

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I'd describe "the feelz" as not just inferior feeling, but really stupid inferior feeling that generates a sense of self-righteousness in the possessor. I don't want to use the phrase "holier-than-thou" because it doesn't have to be limited to a religious person, but yes, it's a sense of morality that is very "in your face."
    Yeah... 'the feelz'... well for what it's worth, I feel ya

*couldn't resist*