User Tag List

Page 98 of 162 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You sure it wasn't laws being placed against them that forced them to pay a substantial amount of child support and alimony? you sound like a man hater to me.
    While they were a family, jix? The deadbeat dad wouldn't have had to pay child support/alimony if he hadn't have fleed. Your reply makes no sense. Man hater? That's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Nadine Schweigert, North Dakota Woman, 'Marries Herself,' Opens Up About Self-MarriageYou guys wanna have a real laugh? an increasing number of women today are "marrying themselves". How much of a narcissist do you have to be to marry yourself? could anyone picture a man marrying himself? Nadine Schweigert, North Dakota Woman, 'Marries Herself,' Opens Up About Self-Marriage
    Yes, I can picture a man marrying himself. Gay men do it.

The woman that married herself was divorced with two kids, and we don't know the rest of the story.

Hearing about people marrying themselves doesn't evoke positive thoughts. The first thing that came to mind is they have an anti-social personality disorder. (If that's the case, it's probably wise they only marry and abuse themselves, instead of marrying and abusing others.)

You forget to mention at least they don't need a man pay for alimony and child support after stealing 50% of his income.
    I confess, I don't have experience with divorce, alimony, or child support. I have no doubt some people do it for sport; additionally, collecting government aid for each child. I took preventative measures so I would never have to go through that by conducting rigorous psychological testing during the early phase of dating to ensure I ended up with a stable person of integrity that would be kind to me and that I could truly love, respect, and admire for a lifetime.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yes its a term that describes a man who has been stripped completely of his assets by a women and the system. He's dead beat from a lack of motivation freedom that was taken away by the state.
    Urban Dictionary: deadbeat dad

Deadbeat parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The weight of opinion is against you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

No they aren't mothers steal half of a man income while he has to pay for child support and alimony. Men also gain 10-15% custody and you call this fair? its just a product of a feminist state. Of course hr should contribute to child support but how can he do that when the state takes half of what he owns. Marriage is a scam for men.
    Then don't get married and don't have children. Problem solved. Oh, you are protesting all off this for the benefit of other men? Why? isn't it up to them not to make a stupid mistake like getting married and having children? Same as it is for women to start supporting themselves since feminism gave them that ability, they won't be getting alimony (actually I know a lot of divorced people and none of them gave or received alimony, only child support.) Homes get sold, not given to the woman and all assets are divided. Unless you live in California and that's your own stupid choice to live in a community property state.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You may not see this debate as pointless, but a lot of people do and expressed it as such. Considering debate is between more than one person, it ends up mattering quite a bit.
    Larger picture: People on either extreme have called this pointless because they felt people of the other extreme aren't willing to listen, which was not only true, but reinforces the opposite's position by suggesting the only reason to have a conversation is to have your opponent listening to your true-by-default opinion and thus there's no reason to listen to the opposite side. That's not just a point, it's the f' punchline.

None of the movements disagree on the ideal - they each claim to be working towards equality - while laughing at the thought that the other is too. The disagreement is on the narrative, the interpretation of what equality means in practice for the issues and - perhaps most obnoxiously - the means by which to describe the world and thus the ability to acknowledge that people on the other side can have problems at all, not to mention problems resulting from the solutions of their own side. To the degree that gender egalitarianism is the intent, Everyone pridefully parading their failure, which means we have successfully copied the macro into the micro which is this thread. I see beauty in that.

Next: Let's see if a debate about global warming can cause the TypoC server clusters to overheat
    Likes Osprey liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Next: Let's see if a debate about global warming can cause the TypoC server clusters to overheat
    Wouldn't this contribute to global warming?!?!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Larger picture: People on either extreme have called this pointless because they felt people of the other extreme aren't willing to listen, which was not only true, but reinforces the opposite's position by suggesting the only reason to have a conversation is to have your opponent listening to your true-by-default opinion and thus there's no reason to listen to the opposite side. That's not just a point, it's the f' punchline.

None of the movements disagree on the ideal - they each claim to be working towards equality - while laughing at the thought that the other is too. The disagreement is on the narrative, the interpretation of what equality means in practice for the issues and - perhaps most obnoxiously - the means by which to describe the world and thus the ability to acknowledge that people on the other side can have problems at all, not to mention problems resulting from the solutions of their own side. To the degree that gender egalitarianism is the intent, Everyone pridefully parading their failure, which means we have successfully copied the macro into the micro which is this thread. I see beauty in that.

What gets me more than that with feminist debates (and global warming and... well nearly everything really) is not the disagreement.

What gets me is that a large number of people involved just want to talk about something. i.e. they're essentially bored. In so many discussions all of the parties involved have no intention of ever doing or changing anything. Most of the people reading it have no intention of doing or changing anything.

Most of these forum debates are quite literally a waste of time, in the sense of there's no point in ever talking in the first place. So the real punchline is that even though both sides can be closed minded and think it's pointless because the other side won't see their point of view, a lot of them are just full of pointless words that accomplish nothing in a practical sense - because talking is all they do.
    Likes Osprey, Xander liked this post

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Then don't get married and don't have children. Problem solved. Oh, you are protesting all off this for the benefit of other men? Why? isn't it up to them not to make a stupid mistake like getting married and having children? Same as it is for women to start supporting themselves since feminism gave them that ability, they won't be getting alimony (actually I know a lot of divorced people and none of them gave or received alimony, only child support.) Homes get sold, not given to the woman and all assets are divided. Unless you live in California and that's your own stupid choice to live in a community property state.
    Agreed I'm definitely not getting married this includes a lot of other men in my generation well, more men today are waking up to how the system is built from the ground up to screw them over, the growing popularity of the MGTOW movement is an example of this. In terms of having a child it's possible for a man to have a child without a female if he is able to find a surrogate mother however the only way a man can do this is if he has a high paying job with a lot of money since the cost of surrogacy is quite high. I know quite a few stories of men getting completely screwed over by their wives when it comes to the divorce courts, many have to pay ridiculous amounts of alimony to the mother and child support some even move to other countries because they simply can't afford it and risk going to jail. It's not coincidence that male suicide are at it's highest after a divorce.

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What gets me more than that with feminist debates (and global warming and... well nearly everything really) is not the disagreement.

What gets me is that a large number of people involved just want to talk about something. i.e. they're essentially bored. In so many discussions all of the parties involved have no intention of ever doing or changing anything. Most of the people reading it have no intention of doing or changing anything.

Most of these forum debates are quite literally a waste of time, in the sense of there's no point in ever talking in the first place. So the real punchline is that even though both sides can be closed minded and think it's pointless because the other side won't see their point of view, a lot of them are just full of pointless words that accomplish nothing in a practical sense - because talking is all they do.
    I don't know if I agree with that, an old friend/mentor of mine used to say "nothing sharpens a knife like it's peers blade", and I think there's truth in that. There is value and a learning experience in facing people you disagree with, even if for most people the value isn't a change in perspective but to be able to use the contrast of others to better define their own. This has a stronger effect in less campy debates where it's more likely to trigger devil advocacy among people who hold the same opinion, usually from those closer to the middle.

As far as not having concrete effect beyond talking... Well, if anyone here admitted to be in a position to change legislation, participating in typoC would probably make for good blackmail to remove them from that position.