User Tag List

First 47879596979899107147 Last

Results 961 to 970 of 1614

  1. #961
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Alone isn't so bad IMO. I'm on my own side. 'Allies' get annoying when they expect you to gang up on people with them - I don't play that. I'm a chaote. I do what I want. I can be mercenary when it appeals to me but I'm not on anyone's side, and I freely change my mind as situations change, and as people eventually piss me off enough.
    Now that's an important little power to have around.

    Edit: Yep, I am keeping it.

  2. #962
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    The first two pics (under the sentence that starts with "in India ..." are from India. I have also seen it with my own eyes whern I travelled there and you can easily verify that this is a common phenomenon by simply googling the thing. There are lots of newspaper articles on it.

    The other pictures under the paragraph explaining that farmwork has for most of history and in most cultures also been done by women are from an unspecified African country and Iran. I could also have posted women working on Vietnamese rice fields, would that have made a difference? Does it matter that if they are Asian, African or European? There was a lot of talk here abot physical limits and unless you claim that Indian women (or African women or whatever ethnicity my ilustrations might have, it really isn't relevant) are somehow physically different from women elsewhere, this shows that in traditional societies women doing hard physical work is nothing uncommon but rather the norm.
    It does matter if they are Asian, African or European because their manual labour depends on the country they are from. White women and European women are sheltered from manual labour due to gynocentrism, Indian women also live in civilized society where they don't have to work labor intensive jobs as much as African women from example. Also in traditional societies women don't do nearly the same kind of jobs men do they are still sheltered and protected from the most strenuous jobs.

  3. #963
    El Papagayo Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Maybe some of us do need to try something new here. Something unprecedented.

    Sometimes a goal looks out of reach because so few people have climbed those stairs. I think fortitude is a quality that is underappreciated in today's world.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  4. #964
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It does matter if they are Asian, African or European because their manual labour depends on the country they are from. White women and European women are sheltered from manual labour due to gynocentrism, Indian women also live in civilized society where they don't have to work labor intensive jobs as much as African women from example. Also in traditional societies women don't do nearly the same kind of jobs men do they are still sheltered and protected from the most strenuous jobs.
    The same type of gynocentrism that makes single moms that find it hard to find work, the culture that tells women they don't have what it takes to do 'traditionally male' jobs (they CAN apply for them, but don't). Indian women may do manual labour jobs because they're desperate for work to feed their families and jobs are abundant and cheap (likewise many MEN in India do traditionally female jobs like making most of the clothes we wear). Conditions are shit and pay is extremely low, they take what they can. Consequently, factory bosses there are male, and women are greatly oppressed culturally in India. Maybe you should move there and start a business or something.

  5. #965
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    The same type of gynocentrism that makes single moms that find it hard to find work, the culture that tells women they don't have what it takes to do 'traditionally male' jobs (they CAN apply for them, but don't). Indian women may do manual labour jobs because they're desperate for work to feed their families and jobs are abundant and cheap (likewise many MEN in India do traditionally female jobs like making most of the clothes we wear). Conditions are shit and pay is extremely low, they take what they can. Consequently, factory bosses there are male, and women are greatly oppressed culturally in India. Maybe you should move there and start a business or something.
    So men in India are doing traditional female jobs while women are working traditional male jobs? Also why are single moms having children if they can't find work? Lol Also if the conditions are shit than the conditions would be shit fot both men and women. hahagaha dude your arguments are so poor check your facts please. Didn't I point out your terrible hypocrasy not too long ago when I asked you to answer a question for me yet you failed to?

  6. #966
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So men in India are doing traditional female jobs while women are working traditional male jobs? Also why are single moms having children if they can't find work? Lol Also if the conditions are shit than the conditions would be shit fot both men and women. hahagaha dude your arguments are so poor check your facts please. Didn't I point out your terrible hypocrasy not too long ago when I asked you to answer a question for me yet you failed to?
    Hi, we love this gender-defined role!



    Oh, and on the single mom issue, in most occasions they become single moms because the dads fuck off for being poor excuses for being men.

  7. #967
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Maybe some of us do need to try something new here. Something unprecedented.

    Sometimes a goal looks out of reach because so few people have climbed those stairs. I think fortitude is a quality that is underappreciated in today's world.
    What do you have in mind?

  8. #968
    El Papagayo Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    What do you have in mind?
    Try and switch from an external locus of control to an internal one. I'm still not all there yet, but it has yielded some benefits. What do you want that you feel that society is preventing you from getting? Is it possible to use your introverted thinking skills to get it? Are you not making enough intuitive observations of the world outside your head, or are you mistrusting them too much?

    if you figure put what's going on with you, maybe other things will seen less baffling.

    Something tells me you're going to find what you're looking for in movements, or the wise people up on the mountain.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #969
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Nadine Schweigert, North Dakota Woman, 'Marries Herself,' Opens Up About Self-MarriageYou guys wanna have a real laugh? an increasing number of women today are "marrying themselves". How much of a narcissist do you have to be to marry yourself? could anyone picture a man marrying himself? Nadine Schweigert, North Dakota Woman, 'Marries Herself,' Opens Up About Self-Marriage

  10. #970
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Try and switch from an external locus of control to an internal one. I'm still not all there yet, but it has yielded some benefits. What do you want that you feel that society is preventing you from getting? Is it possible to use your introverted thinking skills to get it? Are you not making enough intuitive observations of the world outside your head, or are you mistrusting them too much?

    if you figure put what's going on with you, maybe other things will seen less baffling.

    Something tells me you're going to find what you're looking for in movements, or the wise people up on the mountain.
    Are you asking me personally, or yourself, or talking in general about how people perceive oppression?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:
  • :blush:

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO