User Tag List

Page 90 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    And frankly I'm not surprised, as I've seen worse than that.
    I am afraid to ask...

Edit: Ok, I am asking... What have you seen?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    I am afraid to ask...

Edit: Ok, I am asking... What have you seen?
    I don't really want to talk or think about it because lately I'm chilled out and I don't want to ruin that. It'd just make me angry and progressively more incoherent and I've had enough of that shit. People seem to think I'm cynical enough as it is.
    Likes Mane liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I don't really want to talk or think about it because lately I'm chilled out and I don't want to ruin that. It'd just make me angry and progressively more incoherent and I've had enough of that shit. People seem to think I'm cynical enough as it is.
    how did u know your name came up in vent???
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    how did u know your name came up in vent???
    I didn't. But I guess now I do?
    Likes N/A liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I think you are just using a specific case just like that other dude talking about his sister being better than Chef Ramsey. I am more focused on the "big picture."
    You cited a specific case as well. As I keep saying, individuals are not statistics, and being big and strong is no guarantee that you (and your buddy) will be able to subdue every violent individual you run across.

But, this still doesn't mean that the fathers aren't stronger though. It's kind of like that one documentary I saw on "Wild Turkeys." Man, the males seem more aggressive than the females as they aged.

Wouldn't it be less of an asset to hire a woman that can't lift 50 pounds than a man can?

Sure it was. Without men, some of the women back in the old days would have perished.

But they do have an "ideal nurse personality." It's called nature. Big difference. Just like the way most women are F-types.
    You are putting quite a premium on physical brute strength. I have already addressed the limitations of that position. It is less of an asset to hire someone less able to accomplish the job than someone more able, whatever the job and whoever the candidates. Without women, most men wouldn't have even had a chance at life, and that's not counting all those whose lives have been saved by the nursing you are so keen to place in the women's column. Biology is not destiny, and women are not all alike, even F women. Moreover, I doubt there is one "nurse personality". Nursing is multifaceted and has room for all sorts of people, even men. Moreover, we haven't even begun to delve into why more women are F than men. (By the way, the F/T split is rather close in men, so very many men are F, too. Perhaps these are the men who are going into nursing in ever greater numbers.)

Thank you for finally acknowledging the physical superiority in men over women.
    I did nothing of the sort. I recognize that statistically, the average man is larger and has more brute force strength than the average woman. Overall physical superiority would include factors like agility, endurance, disease resistance/tolerance, even visual and auditory acuity. Many of these favor women. Some studies, for instance, suggest that the average woman will withstand G-forces better than the average man, since the effects scale with height. This combined with their smaller size make women better candidates for flying fighter jets and going into space.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Men by nature tend to be less nurturing when compared to women. In fact, earlier, you seem to imply that men were prone to violence or something like that. They might actually be better at jobs that require that "aggressive" nature such as policing, hunting, construction, etc.
    Do not confuse biology with socialization, or assume all members of a group will behave and perform the same.
    A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
    A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door, and a word that shall echo for evermore!
    For, borne on the night-wind of the Past, through all our history, to the last,
    In the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will waken and listen to hear

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Likes Xander, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Look, the fact that most nurses are female shows that it is indeed a job desired by and for females. This is of course, unless you don’t believe in freewill?
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You cited a specific case as well. As I keep saying, individuals are not statistics, and being big and strong is no guarantee that you (and your buddy) will be able to subdue every violent individual you run across.
    Not really. The truth is that men are bigger and stronger than women and while they may not be able to subdue every individual, they would be able to do it better than women can. It’s called a comparison.

You are putting quite a premium on physical brute strength. I have already addressed the limitations of that position. It is less of an asset to hire someone less able to accomplish the job than someone more able, whatever the job and whoever the candidates.
    Hence, this is why I said men seem more “qualified” earlier in a post.

Without women, most men wouldn't have even had a chance at life, and that's not counting all those whose lives have been saved by the nursing you are so keen to place in the women's column.
    Actually, I believe the world is overpopulated but that’s a different issue.

Biology is not destiny, and women are not all alike, even F women. Moreover, I doubt there is one "nurse personality". Nursing is multifaceted and has room for all sorts of people, even men.
    But isn’t it interesting that men seem to get the “higher quality” positions? What’s even more interesting is that it is entirely possible that there supervisors might actually be female too, thus seeing the greater performance by men.

I did nothing of the sort. I recognize that statistically, the average man is larger and has more brute force strength than the average woman. Overall physical superiority would include factors like agility, endurance, disease resistance/tolerance, even visual and auditory acuity. Many of these favor women. Some studies, for instance, suggest that the average woman will withstand G-forces better than the average man, since the effects scale with height. This combined with their smaller size make women better candidates for flying fighter jets and going into space.
    I think you missed the point. I am just saying that some jobs are better for men when it comes to brute force. For women, because they seem to have such endurance as you pointed out, it’s more appropriate for them to box themselves at the back office, they might actually handle customer complaints on the phone better too (sitting in a chair all day demonstrates great endurance). In other words, trying to encourage women to take jobs that a man might do better in reduces efficiency and effectiveness, after all, human beings are human resources, to serve the purpose of being maximized and exploited in order to reap the maximum rewards possible.

Do not confuse biology with socialization, or assume all members of a group will behave and perform the same.
    But, there is likely an overall truth just like there is some substance to people with symmetrical faces being deemed more attractive.
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    So, moving towards greater equality for group A is a move towards oppression of group B? What do you think "equality" means?
    The true definition of equality is far away than what feminists have been fighting for. Feminists use the terms "equality" as a tool to further their sexist agenda and have created a society of female supremacy.

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    The ultimate question is, Does the modern woman have more equality now than 100 years ago? The answer is yes, (Woo hoo!) But we are not all the way there to equality yet.
    This is correct women today have more privileges than men.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This is correct women today have more privileges than men.
    Welcome back!

Thanks for telling me I am right, but I am right in that women have more equality now than 100 years ago, NOT that women have more privledge than men do now.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.