User Tag List

First 3070787980818290130 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

And ignoring possible alternative explanations because they don't support your point doesn't make something true either.

Its like someone with a partner they suspect to be cheating considering other reasons why he might be talking on the phone at night, ignoring her texts, ect without immediately jumping to the most 'obvious' but possibly incorrect conclusion.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Giving reasons why something couldn't be true doesn't mean it isn't true.
    It's like someone with a cheating partner who tries to come up with every reason in the book it's not happening, just so they don't have to deal with what's happening right under their nose.
    The burden is on the person making the claim. As you know, you can't prove negative.

Wage disparity has been debunked over, and over, and over and over. Ultimately the 'argument' is a combination of burden shifting because of inequality of outcomes, research does not and hasn't to date factored for all factors simultaneously, among other reasons.

It's Time That We End the Equal Pay Myth - Forbes Forbes, female author.

Kay Hymowitz: Why Women Make Less Than Men - WSJ Wall Street Journal, female author.

8 Reasons Why The "Gender Pay Gap" Is A Total Sham - Business Insider Business Insider, patriarch author.

Wage Gap Myth Exposed -- By FeministsÂbless|ÂblessChristina Hoff Sommers Christina Hoff Summers, Huffington, self labeling feminist.

Sexual Assault, Wage Gap, and More Feminist Myths that Will Not Die Christina again, Time magazine.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Wage disparity has been debunked over, and over, and over and over.
    I tend not to pretend the person on the ground isn't having a heart attack because it's inconvenient.
    Likes violett, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Likes violett, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interesting thing people often forget about: In the early days of second-wave feminism, one of the ideas that gained quite a bit of popularity was a government stipend proportioned to the amount of housework a woman does. This eventually went away because the focus just changed more to women getting the same jobs as men (the position we are familiar with now), but it's interesting to see how the two approaches converge on the same point. The situation we are in requires that we both give men and women different tasks, and then consider the tasks given to women to be unworthy of money, or less worthy. The two proposals were different ways of dealing with this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Actually, it's not just wage gaps that I find annoying for women. Years ago, when I lived in Chicago, a female friend of mine called on a Monday to set up a job interview. (New ads came out in the big, Sunday issue.) She called up to schedule an interview and they told her the job was filled. Already? I called bullshit right away and asked her for the phone number. I called up and sure enough, they wanted to interview me. Then I brought down the hammer on the person who was on the phone who said the job was already filled. By the time I got done with them they said, "Please! It wasn't my doing! My boss told me to do it!" I asked for the boss and then blasted him for engaging in blatant discrimination. Then he called me "unethical" for pretending I was interested in the job just to bust his ass for not hiring women. Frankly, my friend was lucky she didn't end up working for him.
    Likes Ivy, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Good cartoon, however it left out some important factors; educational choices (this is a big one), 'over-work' more than 50 hours per week typically salaried jobs that men do more often than women, physically demanding jobs and dangerous jobs (as in deaded), that's all that comes to mind for now.

Women that are unmarried AND never have kids do just as well as men.

I have an idea, lets start up a company! We'll use some sorta feminist angle and ONLY hire wominz! Imagine all the money we could save paying them less! With a lower bottom line than our competitors we'll dominate the competition! Win$$$

Here is a link from the Department of Labor, you know the guys who generate the oft quoted .77 to the dollar amount. Myth Busting the Pay Gap : U.S. Department of Labor Blog
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Actually, it's not just wage gaps that I find annoying for women. Years ago, when I lived in Chicago, a female friend of mine called on a Monday to set up a job interview. (New ads came out in the big, Sunday issue.) She called up to schedule an interview and they told her the job was filled. Already? I called bullshit right away and asked her for the phone number. I called up and sure enough, they wanted to interview me. Then I brought down the hammer on the person who was on the phone who said the job was already filled. By the time I got done with them they said, "Please! It wasn't my doing! My boss told me to do it!" I asked for the boss and then blasted him for engaging in blatant discrimination. Then he called me "unethical" for pretending I was interested in the job just to bust his ass for not hiring women. Frankly, my friend was lucky she didn't end up working for him.
    It's a classic study where researchers send out identical job applications to open positions, but just change the name from male to female. The applications with female names get markedly lower response rates.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Bummer dude, shoulda reported him/them to the EEOC. They really love those kinda sex discrimination cases. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Interesting thing people often forget about: In the early days of second-wave feminism, one of the ideas that gained quite a bit of popularity was a government stipend proportioned to the amount of housework a woman does. This eventually went away because the focus just changed more to women getting the same jobs as men (the position we are familiar with now), but it's interesting to see how the two approaches converge on the same point. The situation we are in requires that we both give men and women different tasks, and then consider the tasks given to women to be unworthy of money, or less worthy. The two proposals were different ways of dealing with this.
    I quite like having a job now, as I quite liked staying home with my children then. My husband wished his workplaces had offered him the flexibility to stay home when our kids were little, but paternity leave wasn't really a thing, which sucks. I really think families just need to work it out in the way that works best FOR THEM, but the way things are now, that's very difficult. In many industries/workplaces, men are discouraged from taking time off to be with their children. (I lost count of the number of times my husband said he needed to take an afternoon to take a kid to an appointment and the response was "can't your wife do that?") Then, the women employees are undervalued in the workplace because they will end up taking more time off because their partners can't. What would be better is if both parents were equally supported in both working if they choose, and staying home if they choose, and any variation in between those two choices, without regard to whether the parent is male or female. Paternity leave is becoming a thing which I think is awesome. My brother-in-law got twelve weeks of it, but even though it was a benefit offered by his company, he was still faced with implicit disapproval for actually taking it. That shit needs to change.
    Likes violett liked this post