User Tag List

Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    The state caters to women more because women are more likely than men to care for men, to subject themselves to mens influence, to sacrifice themselves to keep their families together. The state attempts to come in as a force of equilibrium.
    Actually it's the opposite men are more likely to take care of women and support them financially. Men have also always taken roles that include high risk such as fighting in the military and sacrificing their lives in war so that women can protect her civil rights. Have you ever seen a women support a stay at home man? Women aren't exactly 'sacrificing themselves" to keep families together either unless you are referring to baby making/pregnancy. Women are the ones who tend to perpetuate divorce 70% of the time. In what way do women subject themselves to male influence?

Senior Member Array

I am done with this conversation. Thank you for the usual online pissing match.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    A terrible goal for feminism much like most marxist agendas. Women will always be dependent on men, or the state. Today's women depends on the state for her support. As more laws cater towards a women's needs those jobs which were better suited for a male role gets replaced by a lower quality female roles and vise versa. Look at the military for example which lowers their standards substantially for the benefit of women. Society functions best when people are good at what they do. Would you want a male daycare teacher that couldn't respond to the emotional needs of children or a female daycare teacher who could? Would you want a women firefighter who couldn't lift past 50lbs to get people out of a dangerous situation or a male firefighter who could lift over 80 lbs and carry two children on his shoulders?

A women is biologically suited to raise children, many women are happy for filling this role however feminism does not support a women's decision to let her spend time raising her children properly. Feminism has taken that option out for women and forced them into the work force. Unsurprisingly much more women are unhappy today compared to women who grew up in the 70's. Men had no "special privlege" can you please name me the "special privleges" men had throughout history I would like know some. Men will always be the breadwinner, there is no women today who will get married to a man who cannot support himself feminists know this, they like to push special privileges onto women while simultaneously creating inequality for men.

Women already have the means to be self supporting which is why I object to the current legal system. If women did not have these means of self supporting I would not object to it nearly as much. A man cannot pay for child support and alimony when his wife has taken 50% of his assets After she has taken his assests he is left with nothing but to become a slave and is in constant debt for the rest of his life. I actually hope feminism wins however I want all of these feminist ideals to follow through so that men withdraw from society all together. We all know that a state cannot function without the labor and skills of men.
    The internal contradiction in your highlighted comments is just the most obvious problem with your statement here. I will join violett in moving on to activities more productive than a conversation with someone who cannot support any of his positions with anything other than misguided personal rhetoric.

Fortunately my RL interactions involve people who are more conversant with the realities of modern life. Eventually you may run into some of these IRL as well. I will leave you to them. After all, it is what you do there that counts, not here.
    In science, when human behavior enters the equation, things go nonlinear. That's why Physics is easy and Sociology is hard. -- Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Hard, violett, Passacaglia, JAVO liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Perhaps most people developing feminist theory belong to the upper classes. When it comes to practical reform, however, the middle and lower classes have been very active, having the most at stake. This includes working to get equal pay and access to jobs, family leave, medical insurance and women's health services, etc. Upper class women didn't need or already had these things. In earlier generations, poor women lobbied for the 40 hour workweek, ending child labor, improving factory safety, and even the right to vote since they understood that without a vote, they had no voice in the political process. These reforms might not seem very "feminist" since they helped men as well as women, but that is the point.
    Actually, I agree with you. Upper class women tend to avoid modern feminism because of entitlement. They gain more by assuming a traditional role in society.

The women who campaigned for an change in quality of life often did so alongside their husbands and children. Thus this was not an issue that brought men and women into conflict with each other. I do not see ending child labour, for example, as a feminist issue. Contemporary feminists, however, sometimes act as apologists for the most oppressive people in non-Western countries. I have seen feminists downplay slavery in Sudan, and deny the existence of a continuous slave trade within Africa. This, I believe, is due to the influence of postmodernism and the even more nauseous critical theory (another subject in itself).

So now you are willing to tolerate immigration and cultural intermixing, if only to preserve or reinstate gender bias? I thought you were more principled than that.
    Goodness no; I am against intermixing under any circumstance. My point is simply that feminism will live and die with the current liberal status quo.
    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Has officially destroyed the family, good job.
    Excellent.

Now, let's work on friend zoning all the menz, and develop IVF until we eliminate the reproductive need for them altogether. Give them something to really cry about!

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes Hard, Bush Did 9/11, Passacaglia, JAVO, Ivy and 1 others liked this post

Tempbanned Array

The internal contradiction in your highlighted comments is just the most obvious problem with your statement here. I will join violett in moving on to activities more productive than a conversation with someone who cannot support any of his positions with anything other than misguided personal rhetoric.

Fortunately my RL interactions involve people who are more conversant with the realities of modern life. Eventually you may run into some of these IRL as well. I will leave you to them. After all, it is what you do there that counts, not here.
    not an internal contradiction at all. In order for your average women to be "self sufficient" she needs to depend on the state. The laws are stacked for them.This does not mean every single law needs to be stacked in your favor. Once a system has changed toward your benefit we don't need to have more unequal laws in your favor.If we eliminate the state completely she will have opportunities to succeed financially but she would need to depend more on a man for utility to help her instead of the state. In this case a mans support is nessisaey if not mandatory, there will have to be a revert to more traditional roles sinece you don't have uncle sam changing the rules of the game in you favor. Men could go back doing what they always been doing. This is not to say that every single women needs a man without the state supporting them it would just be much Harder to come by than it is today Women today still dream of that man with higher status, that "knight in shining armor". How can such a man exist in today's society when the laws sstrip him of his status? when the rules in society are stacked against him?,, this is the ultimate goal of feminism. So the women keeps looking for her white knight asserting " why there are no good men out there".

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Excellent.

Now, let's work on friend zoning all the menz, and develop IVF until we eliminate the reproductive need for them altogether. Give them something to really cry about!

Dooooo itttt virtual reality sex Ftw women will become obsolete.

Senior Member Array

Dooooo itttt virtual reality sex Ftw women will become obsolete.
    Men like you are the reason why self-sufficent, financially independant women choose to remain single.
    Likes Passacaglia, BadOctopus, Ivy, oxyjen liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

oh snap

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Men like you are the reason why self-sufficent, financially independant women choose to remain single.
    hahahaha no financially independent women choose to be single because they've unknowingly placed themselves out of the market and are not willing to take care of someone of lesser value than them. A financially independent man however especially a rich man has a choice from women all over the world who marry him.
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast