First 2969777879808189129 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I appreciate Emma Watson for giving that UN speech. However, it would be nice if she said "HeAndShe" instead of "HeForShe."

Feminists can claim good intentions. Of course, this is just a mask. How else is it going to gain even the slightest supporter? The ultimate question becomes, has the modern woman actually become happier? I believe there is research that adds insight to that if one Googles that one.
    The ultimate question is, Does the modern woman have more equality now than 100 years ago? The answer is yes, (Woo hoo!) But we are not all the way there to equality yet.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I think that that is a really good point. One of my biggest problems with the feminism movement is that it just seems to try to force women to go one way, when many may prefer and be happier staying at home. My friends mother stayed home and raised four kids succesfully, but she told me that people have asked her if she had any regrets because she never actually did anything herself. I think that raising a child is every bit as commendable as scaling the career ladder, for a woman and for a man.
    I was happy staying at home and raising my children until they went to kindergarten. I think if women want to stay home and are happy in the more traditional role of being a homemaker and housewife while their husbands work to support them and their children they should. And, I think if women want to further their education and careers and choose to work outside of the home full time, they should have every opportunity and equal rights within the workplace. Just as I think if two people are in a relationship and have children together and the woman has a more lucrative career and the husband wants to stay at home to raise their children there is nothing wrong with the scenario either. I'm not advocating for women's rights over men's rights. I'm advocating for equal rights, without double-standards, for both men and women. I think that there may be those who's attitudes reflect a more radical stance with regards to femimism. I am not one of those.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Agree with the 3rd item of consent, another sign of intelligence on her part.
    FTR; I agree with her on the first part of the 3rd item, but the bolded part... yeah, NOT. We agree to disagree on her intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    And when there are real problems, people approach the solution differently, perhaps irrationally especially if they've been screwed over, perhaps radically if they feel like they need to get momentum going on. That doesn't mean that there's not a problem. Anyway, I can see where your head is at, so *shrug*.
    I'm not even sure where my head is at, how is it that you know where it is?

*checks windows*
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    The ultimate question is, Does the modern woman have more equality now than 100 years ago? The answer is yes, (Woo hoo!) But we are not all the way there to equality yet.
    It puzzles me why some people say women don't get paid equally. At least here in the US, I am pretty sure there would be a lot of anger if the females at Starbucks or Burger King got paid less than men. There would be lawsuits filed.

A woman has the same rights just like men. In case you didn't notice, Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are great examples why women are equal. If they didn't get elected president, well, that's why there's this thing called a democracy where people vote.
    Likes N/A, SpankyMcFly, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    It puzzles me why some people say women don't get paid equally. At least here in the US, I am pretty sure there would be a lot of anger if the females at Starbucks or Burger King got paid less than men. There would be lawsuits filed.
    Right, and you are talking about those who are working an on an hourly basis within a minimum wage position. It would be pretty difficult to hide if men were paid more than women in those positions. I think in higher ranking positions within companies with salaried careers there is definitely a pay scale difference.

Women led eight of Washington’s 50 most politically active trade lobby groups and earned about $600,000 less than their male counterparts, according to salary data compiled by Bloomberg. The female chief executive officers were paid an average of $1.31 million in 2011, compared with $1.93 million paid to the 42 male CEOs. That means they made about 68 cents for every dollar paid to a man -- a bigger salary divergence than the 72 cents women earned against every $1 paid to a man in the wider economy, as measured by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Full story:

Washington Female CEOs Earn $600,000 Less Than Male Lobby Peers - Bloomberg Business
    Think.
    Likes violett, Ivy, BluRoses, Red Herring liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I think in higher ranking positions within companies with salaried careers there is definitely a pay scale difference.
    LOL!

“The real issue here is not the gender wage gap, but more the jobs gap,” Bardaro said. “People are filling positions according to gender, with higher-paid positions being filled by men and lower-paid positions being filled by women.”

Source: New PayScale Study Challenges Conventional Thinking On Why Women Make Less Than Men

Maybe it's got nothing to do with gender, just based on performance.

I mean, I don't know, it just seems like a man is able to do a lot of things, sometimes better than a woman can, just based on physical anatomy. I mean, imagine if we allowed women to be accepted into the NBA, it would be kind of scary, especially since the female might get hurt. That's why there's the WNBA. Because it is necessary.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Women led eight of Washington’s 50 most politically active trade lobby groups and earned about $600,000 less than their male counterparts, according to salary data compiled by Bloomberg. The female chief executive officers were paid an average of $1.31 million in 2011, compared with $1.93 million paid to the 42 male CEOs. That means they made about 68 cents for every dollar paid to a man -- a bigger salary divergence than the 72 cents women earned against every $1 paid to a man in the wider economy, as measured by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Full story:

Washington Female CEOs Earn $600,000 Less Than Male Lobby Peers - Bloomberg Business
    Even in that article they give reasons besides blatant discrimination as to why a wage gap could possibly exist.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

What I got from the video was that she is talking primarily to an audience that is in their teens and early 20's. The video's main purpose is to educate those (usually younger) viewers who may not know about things like consent and that in some states an 18-yr-old could be charged with rape if she is caught having sex with her 17-yr-old boyfriend.

Many people don't know this stuff and I don't think she is " retarded" for trying to educate people on it.
    The main issue I have with her video is not that I disagree with the initial points she makes in how sexism hurts men but rather she chooses low priority fruit. Ask any person who is/has been into the MRA movement and you will quickly learn that there are more serious legal issues that men face that are related to sexism, but she was silent on. .

She decided to go with "lets engineer men different" instead. Granted, I don't disagree that traditionalism is just as bad for men as women, BUT she's offering up generational solutions, not in the here and NOW solutions to the toxic model of masculinity that men are conditioned with aka disposable worker drone model 1.0. This makes sense to me if 1) she is only giving lip service, 2) She is ignorant of the facts because she hasn't really looked into the matter, 3) She has looked into the matter but doesn't wanna piss of The Tribe by appearing to be 'nice' towards male issues.

Google, it's a thing yo.

As for yoyr quote: I am not a big fan of any of them. I don't think sex that is between 2 adults and is consentual is degrading to ANYONE. However, I think that "feminists" tend to be associated with the most extreme among our group. Not every feminist agrees with these quotes 100%. I don't. I do, however, see the point that they are trying to make.

I wish people would realize that there is a spectrum of viewpoints in any group of feminists. Just like there is in a group of republicans. Not every person is a feminazi who identifies as a feminist. As with pretty much everything, there are far more viewpoints that are moderate. The issue that unites feminists is equality for women. NOT hating men.
    I get it, there is disagreement. My only issue is that the rads control the frame, always have. The watered down version is what 'regular' folks get while the activists/radicals/academics are busy getting shit done and changing policy, definitions (i.e. what is rape) and laws. Feminism has always been top down, imo.

"How to feminist"

"The whole purpose of a lens is to focus on whatcha care about and leave out the things that you don't."
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Even in that article they give reasons besides blatant discrimination as to why a wage gap could possibly exist.
    Giving reasons why something couldn't be true doesn't mean it isn't true.
    It's like someone with a cheating partner who tries to come up with every reason in the book it's not happening, just so they don't have to deal with what's happening right under their nose.
    Think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink: