User Tag List

First 2868767778798088128 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    So, moving towards greater equality for group A is a move towards oppression of group B? What do you think "equality" means?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    You really don't get it, here's a feminist not in a silly meme, expressing herself intelligently:

Likes BluRoses liked this post

One of the books I bought (and still have on my bookshelf) when my son was younger:

Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood: William Pollack, Mary Pipher: 9780805061833: Amazon.com: Books

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

I appreciate Emma Watson for giving that UN speech. However, it would be nice if she said "HeAndShe" instead of "HeForShe."

Feminists can claim good intentions. Of course, this is just a mask. How else is it going to gain even the slightest supporter? The ultimate question becomes, has the modern woman actually become happier? I believe there is research that adds insight to that if one Googles that one.
    Likes N/A, SpankyMcFly, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You don't get it, here's a feminist not in a meme:
    I'm quite familiar with Laci Green. She's retarded. Exhibit 1: fast forward to 4:35, she is listing things that are ingredients to not being able to give consent and the 3rd item on her list is holding authority and power over someone.

"So I'm talking about things like teachers and doctors, therapists, coaches, priests, caregivers, famous actors, maybe even famous YouTubers, with their fans." The last item could even apply to her. She does seem kinda rapey. Is she F'ing serious? If you are famous and you have sex with someone who isn't they can't give you consent?

Power dynamics + a feminist and you will end up with statements like the above. Not to mention other famous feminists:

Andrea Dworkin: In the book (Intercours), she argues that all heterosexual sex in our patriarchal society is coercive and degrading to women, and sexual penetration may by its very nature doom women to inferiority and submission, and "may be immune to reform. Intercourse (book) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference.” – Susan Griffin, “Rape: The All-American Crime”, Ramparts Magazine, September 1971 Basically, all men are rapists.

Susan Brownmiller ~ Against Our Will, etc.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Rasofy liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I appreciate Emma Watson for giving that UN speech. However, it would be nice if she said "HeAndShe" instead of "HeForShe."

Feminists can claim good intentions. Of course, this is just a mask. How else is it going to gain even the slightest supporter? The ultimate question becomes, has the modern woman actually become happier? I believe there is research that adds insight to that if one Googles that one.
    You have the smell of someone sneaky. I like.

Imagine if the campaign were SheForHe

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post

I think that that is a really good point. One of my biggest problems with the feminism movement is that it just seems to try to force women to go one way, when many may prefer and be happier staying at home. My friends mother stayed home and raised four kids succesfully, but she told me that people have asked her if she had any regrets because she never actually did anything herself. I think that raising a child is every bit as commendable as scaling the career ladder, for a woman and for a man.

I used to work at a McDonalds where one of our managers had relationships with many of the women who worked there. He made sexual comments, jokes, and although that wasn't right I never let it effect me. I just did my job, talked to whoever I wanted (even him), got paid, and went home. If I had been offended I would have reported him (eventually someone did anyways and he got fired), but all the relationships he had were consentual.

That doesn't mean to say that bad things do not happen to women and that we should ignore them, for example that girl who says that she was raped and carries around the mattress, but I think that for the most part law enforcement does their part in preventing and supporting those hurt severely. I have been to numerous required presentations on campus talking about how no one deserves to be raped, and I think that for the most part men understand this enough as to not be portrayed as the animals feminists currently seem to be trying to show them as.

As to jixmixfix, I think that he was just a bit too invested in his particular points that when they were put into scrutiny he just lost it. Definately doesn't excuse his actions, he should have tried calming down and explaining his points more thoroughly, but it attempts to explain his behavior.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You really don't get it, here's a feminist not in a silly meme, expressing herself intelligently:

Thanks Qlip! I agree with this video 100%. I don't think that identifying as a feminist means that you need to be sexist. I have a 6-year-old boy (probably an ENFP) who I encourage to be himself. Everyone DOES have feminine and masculine traits. Why should it matter as long as we treat eachother with respect?
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm quite familiar with Laci Green. She's retarded. Exhibit 1: fast forward to 4:35, she is listing things that are ingredients to not being able to give consent and the 3rd item on her list is holding authority and power over someone.

"So I'm talking about things like teachers and doctors, therapists, coaches, priests, caregivers, famous actors, maybe even famous YouTubers, with their fans." The last item could even apply to her. She does seem kinda rapey. Is she F'ing serious? If you are famous and you have sex with someone who isn't they can't give you consent?

Power dynamics + a feminist and you will end up with statements like the above. Not to mention other famous feminists:

Andrea Dworkin: In the book (Intercours), she argues that all heterosexual sex in our patriarchal society is coercive and degrading to women, and sexual penetration may by its very nature doom women to inferiority and submission, and "may be immune to reform. Intercourse (book) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference.” – Susan Griffin, “Rape: The All-American Crime”, Ramparts Magazine, September 1971 Basically, all men are rapists.

Agree with the 3rd item of consent, another sign of intelligence on her part. And when there are real problems, people approach the solution differently, perhaps irrationally especially if they've been screwed over, perhaps radically if they feel like they need to get momentum going on. That doesn't mean that there's not a problem. Anyway, I can see where your head is at, so *shrug*.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

What I got from the video was that she is talking primarily to an audience that is in their teens and early 20's. The video's main purpose is to educate those (usually younger) viewers who may not know about things like consent and that in some states an 18-yr-old could be charged with rape if she is caught having sex with her 17-yr-old boyfriend.

Many people don't know this stuff and I don't think she is " retarded" for trying to educate people on it.

As for yoyr quote: I am not a big fan of any of them. I don't think sex that is between 2 adults and is consentual is degrading to ANYONE. However, I think that "feminists" tend to be associated with the most extreme among our group. Not every feminist agrees with these quotes 100%. I don't. I do, however, see the point that they are trying to make.

I wish people would realize that there is a spectrum of viewpoints in any group of feminists. Just like there is in a group of republicans. Not every person is a feminazi who identifies as a feminist. As with pretty much everything, there are far more viewpoints that are moderate. The issue that unites feminists is equality for women. NOT hating men.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.