User Tag List

First 2767757677787987127 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I think you need to stop talking to me like that. You're disrespectful. Wake up.
    I think you are the one who needs to wake up. And I call it like I see it. If you don't like it too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I think you are the one who needs to wake up. And I call it like I see it. If you don't like it too bad.
    My actions speak louder than your words. I've never been divorced and I've never had problems with masculine men.

I'm secure enough in myself and my femininity that I don't have to put men down to feel better about myself.

My actions speak louder than your words. I've never been divorced and I've never had problems with masculine men.
    My relationships with men have been mentioned on this board. And I have no problems with masculine, respectful men. And, I have had long-term platonic relationships with men. I actually prefer relationships with men over women

I'm secure enough in myself and my femininity that I don't have to put men down to feel better about myself.
    I fail to see how the above statement is relevant at all.

My relationships with men have been mentioned on this board. And I have no problems with masculine, respectful men. And, I have had long-term platonic relationships with men. I actually prefer relationships with men over women
    I fail to see how the above statement is relevant at all.
    Your remarks about me brown nosing and the hateful comments about the OP are hurtful. Neither I nor the OP deserve that and you know it. I care about your opinion, but if you're going to be disrespectful, then I'm done. Good day.

I felt no hatred towards the OP. I felt calm and collected through-out the thread. And I am sorry but I definitely see you as brown-nosing. Its not limited to this thread either. Also, in all fairness, (when you decide to stop sucking up to the OP) I think you should go through and read all the derogatory and insulting comments and hold him to the same standard of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I did, too and I actually got put down for 'doing nothing'. You just stay home with your kids? like my days were full of leisure, Barney and doing something-close-to-nothing. It's an ugly thing to say to people and it's really just code for "you damn well better not being standing around just taking up space." This thing of women being useful in order to be allowed to stick around...but others getting to decide what is useful.
    Doing nothing. Well, if not for my "doing nothing" mother, I would not have had what I consider a great advantage - which is watching an artist at work. An artist in every sense of the word.
    Think.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    So, without using 'trigger words', you have a certain vantage point that makes it easy to overlook the problems. I'm not going to even argue the wage gap, because honestly, it's not my subject. What my subject is the fact that it blows my mind that my ex-boss was a misogynous and homophobic asshole and I didn't realize it for 6 months until I started talking to my female and gay co-workers. It took this long because I didn't have anywhere near the same experience as they did with him, even though I worked in the same capacity and because they didn't want to bring it up because 'complaining' doesn't do their career any good. And I'm sure his bosses never anything of it.

I didn't realize how their ideas got ignored offhand, their presentations were given as little of the spotlight as possible, how easily that can be done on a very constant basis without anybody ever noticing, but very undermining. I didn't realize how common this situation was. Let's pretend this doesn't affect pay, which sounds like a stretch to me, doesn't it fucking suck? Do they deserve that shit? Doesn't it make you angry?

And this is only a small part of what life is like for the people who aren't on the top, who have to begin by proving themselves, instead being started from day one. If you're a certain type of person, all you have to do is not fuck it up. If you're another, then you have to do a song and dance. And this is after years of work to make things better. Why not give 'em a hand?

It's that shallow politeness that covers up the bitter stuff that really matters, it doesn't make it more palatable.
    Yep. Exactly this. It's *not* a level playing field in some instances *unless* you're a man.

And when men start to think and believe and say that they don't or can't listen to women, for one reason or another, then they end up only *hearing* and acting upon the views of other men...so how can the women's viewpoint ever get *heard*?

Patriarchal society. Go check out this website:

http://everydaysexism.com
    Likes violett, Qlip, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

One example, is when he mentioned how men are often depicted as blubbering idiots (being bullied by women) on TV and he's right about that.
    This is the only thing I agreed with that he said. The rest was hateful. He called nearly everyone stupid and hypocrites, male and female. How are you glossing over this. Did he have legit complaints? Yes. Did he frame them within any kind of productive discussion on his end? No. Others actually had intelligent conversations in spite of it, he chose not to be part of that. And no one ran him off. He was tempbanned for the things he said. It's not like it's his first time and it won't be the last time.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes violett, Ivy, BluRoses liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Look at the 93% rate of worker deaths compared compared to men. Also look at the 70% homeless percentage of males to females.
    "Dude, do you even Patriarchy?"

@jixmixfix I like how he had a Beretta? handy and ready. Check out his stuff, especially "How to Feminist" I think you'll like it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: