User Tag List

Page 75 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I'm not saying that there are absolutely no problems with how different groups are treated compared to others, that is not what I meant. Of course there are going to be problems, nothing is perfect and you are always going to have people who are assholes and are completely unreasonable. Nothing is perfect. What I am saying is that the feminism movement to me seems to have been blown way out of proportion. Instead of trying to open all doors for women, the movement seems to today be trying to force women into certain doors and trying to lock women out of others.

Society has made great strides throughout the years in promoting tolerance and equal treatment, especially in the last few decades. I have no reason no to believe that society will naturally continue to move forward in this way and that eventually things will become close to completely unbiased. It will just take more introspective effort on the part of women, than it will trying to force people into accepting something before they are ready.

I am sorry for the way you were treated at work, if what you are telling me is true it most certainly was not fair. I like to believe though that he was just an exception and that most people are mature enough not to let a good opportunity go to waste no matter the packaging.
    I was treated fine, I'm a Hispanic male, and my boss didn't go for the perfect trifecta and become a racist as well. I am affected because that shit isn't fair, which makes it my problem as well. And maybe that specific situation isn't normal 50%, it's normal enough for most women to have experienced it, along with many other demoralizing life choices? Why is your stance in all this to put it all on women to make it palatable for the public? How is this not your problem also?

Don't get me wrong, I also take a lot of flack just for having a penis, but overall, I don't have to do much except stay out of the way of racists, because I'm pretty damned CISey. And I feel that feminists have my back, or at least I'm expecting it because I have theirs. Don't call it Feminism, call it Egalitarianism or whatever, just don't shut your eyes and try caring.
    Likes Ivy, Red Herring liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am a woman. I do not believe I have ever been discriminated against to a significant enough degree to have it ever really have prevented me from doing anything that I have wanted to do. I'm sure other women have had different experiences, but I believe everyone has been discriminated against before to an extent. Life is not fair, you cannot make it 100% fair, you cannot control other people and the way they treat you, all you can do is control how you react and try to thrive despite it.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am a woman. I do not believe I have ever been discriminated against to a significant enough degree to have it ever really have prevented me from doing anything that I have wanted to do. I'm sure other women have had different experiences, but I believe everyone has been discriminated against before to an extent. Life is not fair, you cannot make it 100% fair, you cannot control other people and the way they treat you, all you can do is control how you react and try to thrive despite it.
    What have your life ambitions been, are they pretty normative?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    What have your life ambitions been, are they pretty normative?
    This isn't really about me. I've said where I stand and why. I do not see what it matters what my life ambitions are or have been, as I do not think the topic that we are discussing has hindered me from them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't face much discrimination in my everyday life now, either. I have a pretty great life, actually. But it's not just about me.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This isn't really about me. I've said where I stand and why. I do not see what it matters what my life ambitions are or have been, as I do not think the topic that we are discussing has hindered me from them.
    I actually was genuinely curious about your background in relation to your worldview. When experiences differ, I feel like I need to reconcile them. No matter.

Anyway, I am in tech, and tech dudes have a rep for being douchebags In the workplace . There's some truth to it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm sorry if I was rude. I just didn't want everything I said to be attributed to me having hard feelings about the topic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm sorry if I was rude. I just didn't want everything I said to be attributed to me having hard feelings about the topic.
    No worries. I didn't take it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't face much discrimination in my everyday life now, either. I have a pretty great life, actually. But it's not just about me.
    You're right, it's not just about you. Men are abused and discriminated against too by controlling women that use manipulation and control tactics to undermine men. Does anyone hear these men? I do and I heard @jixmixfix loud and clear. Unfortunately, he was disrespected, dismissed, and provoked to anger until he was silenced. Would it kill y'all to listen to your fellow forum members with an open heart and try to put yourself in their shoes?

Y'all appear to be playing dumb and playing games of semantics with the word feminist. The bottom line is, men are abused and discriminated against by a toxic breed of women. If the word feminist doesn't fit Jixmixfix's denotation because y'all are stuck on the connotation, then call the women assholes or whatever you will, but there's no need to dismiss Jix's position on the topic entirely when someone is trying to tell you they're being abused (or witnessing abuse).

I've never been discriminated against at work, but if I was, there are plenty of non-abusive opportunities out there, I'd pack my junk and leave.

cc: @Jaguar

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

^Abused where and how? He claimed that 3rd wave feminism destroyed the family (often while being disrespectful, dismissive, and provoking others). I don't believe he said anything about it destroying his family.