User Tag List

First 2060686970717280120 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I just answered your question what are you talking about?

"Woman." Sound it out phonetically if you have to. If you're over that hurdle try the question again:

What exactly is the problem with a woman who calls herself a feminist and subscribes to that definition of feminism? The definition I posted has nothing to do with blaming men for anything. You just think it does. Need to see it once more?

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.
    Using that definition, what is the problem with any woman subscribing to it?
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Still can't answer me. Unreal.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "Woman." Sound it out phonetically if you have to. If you're over that hurdle try the question again:

What exactly is the problem with a woman who calls herself a feminist and subscribes to that definition of feminism? The definition I posted has nothing to do with blaming men for anything. You just think it does. Need to see it once more?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Using that definition, what is the problem with any woman subscribing to it?
    The definition does not say the actual words 'blaming men for women's problems" because equality is a broad and general term in itself. For example if you believe in equality of opportunity than there is nothing sexist to it. If you believe in equality of outcomes you run into a whole realm of hypocrisies, misinformation and sexist ideas. The feminist ideology doesn't base itself solely on a definition in the dictionary it bases itself as a movement that is influenced by people especially those in power like university professions, writers and the media. If you think that a movement should be judged by a definition in the dictionary you're delusional. The problem with a women and man subscribing to it, is that it throws them in a group that essentially promotes sexism and misandry influenced by those in power such as the media.

MBTI
    INTJ

Wow this thread is still going on... And it even seems to have regressed... Impressive 70 pages, and probably 65 of them are a total waste of time.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The definition does not say the actual words 'blaming men for women's problems" because equality is a broad and general term in itself. For example if you believe in equality of opportunity than there is nothing sexist to it. If you believe in equality of outcomes you run into a whole realm of hypocrisies, misinformation and sexist ideas. The feminist ideology doesn't base itself solely on a definition in the dictionary it bases itself as a movement that is influenced by people especially those in power like university professions, writers and the media. If you think that a movement should be judged by a definition in the dictionary you're delusional. The problem with a women and man subscribing to it, is that it throws them in a group that essentially promotes sexism and misandry influenced by those in power such as the media.

Did it ever occur to you that blaming men is merely your personal definition of feminism and you'd like to make it the dictionary definition? Seriously, feminism is ruining the family? That premise is delusional. Not me. Hey, why don't you slam a dog collar on your woman and ask her to bark? Throw her some milk bones. The obedient little mascot to a perfect little family. Plenty of bark, but no blame. I still think you have a major problem with women, in general. Instead of dicking around in this thread, just deal with your problem.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If you look at everyone who has implicitly or explicitly called jixmixfix an idiot in this thread, you can see that he is kind of like Kaiser Wilhelm in his ability to get everyone on the same side against him.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Thread closed, maybe temporarily, maybe not.
    Likes BadOctopus, SD45T-2, Luke O, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Reopening thread, but please keep discussion limited to the thread topic, not the thread starter.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Reopening thread, but please keep discussion limited to the thread topic, not the thread starter.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Thank you, @Ivy!

Threads on feminism, bound to reach epic proportions. 70+ pages?

Haven't read through all that (not) crap, but, what is "3rd wave feminism", really? Was it defined in this thread?

From my understanding of the "3rd wave feminism", are we talking about more prominent focus on queer and race relations and its interaction with sexism? I think it is high time that intersectionality (i.e., how sexism interacts with other systems of oppression) is given its due attention in the feminist narrative. Aside from a handful of pioneers (bell hooks, et al), in the "2nd wave", the narrative really was skewed towards white (heterosexual) women of a certain economic class. Which is,.......problematic.
    Likes Ivy, BluRoses liked this post