User Tag List

Page 68 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1614

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

  1. #671
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    How is the definition not clear explain this.
    Let's try this, again.

    This is what I use:

    Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.


    What exactly is the problem with a woman who calls herself a feminist and subscribes to that definition of feminism?

    Look, if you started a thread with "Whiny-assed women annoy me" that would be fine by me. But you didn't. Whiny-assed women exist. (So do whiny-assed men.) But to categorically throw all feminists into the boo-fucking-hoo whiner camp is inconsistent with the definition of feminism I'm using.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

  2. #672
    Tempbanned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Let's try this, again.

    This is what I use:

    Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.


    What exactly is the problem with a woman who calls herself a feminist and subscribes to that definition of feminism?

    Look, if you started a thread with "Whiny-assed women annoy me" that would be fine by me. But you didn't. Whiny-assed women exist. (So do whiny-assed men.) But to categorically throw all feminists into the boo-fucking-hoo whiner camp is inconsistent with the definition of feminism I'm using.
    "Equal opportunities" have already been established in north America with 1st wave feminism. Women have every equal opportunity as a man today. Equal outcomes is where people who call themselves feminists today fall into the man hating trap. Both men and women are different from one another biologically they both have strengths and weaknesses that set them apart from one another. Modern feminists are not keen with this idea they believe their differences are based upon a social construction of patriarchy rather than a biological one. They are inherently trying to fight their biology and they are blaming men for it. You seem to not understand what is meant by the term "equality".
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

  3. #673
    Senior Member Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    That's fine, people guess my age wrong in real life too!
    yeah, so i didn't mean anything derogatory by it. I even added complimentary words to the op (or?) to say i didn't think you were an average 15 year old boy (which takes a lot of asprin and patience sometimes, especially as they are often in the stage of I know everything about life despite lack of life experience, but because those replies in the sociopath thread you wrote were awesome, i was like he's pretty awesome, I hope he stays) and I'm gonna stop talking, incase i'm digging a hole.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes Luke O liked this post

  4. #674
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    "Equal opportunities" have already been established in north America with 1st wave feminism. Women have every equal opportunity as a man today. Equal outcomes is where people who call themselves feminists today fall into the man hating trap. Both men and women are different from one another biologically they both have strengths and weaknesses that set them apart from one another. Modern feminists are not keen with this idea they believe their differences are based upon a social construction of patriarchy rather than a biological one. They are inherently trying to fight their biology and they are blaming men for it. You seem to not understand what is meant by the term "equality".
    Claiming women have every equal opportunity as a man is pushing it. In today's business environment, the good ol' boy network still exists which not only blocks innovation (my pet peeve) but also blocks women. I'm talking about extremely traditional thinkers that will never die. If you are not aware of that type of businessman, I'd say you "ain't" in the business world. I think what the problem here is, you're just painting with too broad a brush for my taste. I'm more of a precise thinker. As I previously said, why not just refine your definition? I couldn't care less if you piss any women off, that's not my issue here. It's that you're doing it by muddying the waters. To even claim that women have an equal opportunity as a man makes the water muddy. It simply is not true. You just think it is, so you say it is. I still encounter fellas who refuse to do business with women for being, well, a woman. That nonsense will always be around. I hired a shit load of women for my team because they rocked in sales. No whiners, plenty of feminists.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.
    Likes Red Herring, Osprey, Hard, Ivy liked this post

  5. #675
    Super Ape Array Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You're s cultural Marxist who is manipulated into thinking that pandering to a women's false victimhood will gain you status and approval by other women.You are the definition of a tool.
    You've finally made me laugh! How did you get so detached from reality, my friend?
    Likes Hard liked this post

  6. #676
    Finis Array Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    BSG works for me.

    Divorce laws- I agree with you about full shared custody being the default unless there is evidence against one of the parents. For what it's worth, my circle of friends seems to be in the midst of a divorce-a-thon and in every case that's what has been agreed on and decreed. I think this is already the norm in progressive circles. There's no magical effect having a uterus affords to mothers that makes them automatically more fit as parents. I might be convinced to make an exception when it comes to small babies, since there is some biological stuff like breastfeeding that should be considered and negotiated into the agreement. But beyond weaning, or when the mother does not breastfeed, equal parental involvement should be the assumption for both. As for property, whatever was built in the marriage should be divided equally at the end of it. I can also see a case for alimony when a couple has divided the work of childrearing by having one parent at home and the other a breadwinner, regardless of the genders. And all of this would apply equally to same-sex couples with children or shared property.

    I gotta get back to work, so I'll come back to this later.
    @Ivy is right. It is the norm. I just rep'd @Jarlaxle that this was pretty much the default. Some states don't even use the word "custody" because it brings up notions of property and such. I can't remember how Florida puts it (that's where I got my divorce). But in any case, unless there are unusual circumstances, courts give both parents "joint-custody" now. They no longer take a child and go "here, Mommy". Doesn't work like that. Some divorces have a custodial parent where children spend more than 50% of their time with one parent or the other. The parents get to decide that--not the court. That often does end up being the mother because in many families she was the primary care-taker of the kids.

    If they cannot come to an agreement on it, the court will decide based on who has done the bulk of care-taking for the children and what will be the least disruptive for them. Most divorce cases do not go to trial (they will even require couples to go to mediation FIRST with a judge--I had to do this) and parents are able to figure out stuff with kids (especially after the angry and hurt feeling over the divorce itself fades).

    Child support should be helluva lot harsher though. It's very, very slow and bogged down with bureaucratic BS. Quite often, it simply doesn't get collected. Which is a pretty fucked thing to do your kid.

    Kinda shocking the amount of misinformation about divorce, custody, child support, etc. I guess angry, pissed off voices get the most attention and are remembered the best?
    Likes Ivy liked this post

  7. #677
    Senior Member Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,423

    Default

    don't want a divorce don't get married, or if you do get married and reach the point of wanting a divorce kill your spouse covertly. and collect life insurance. Or you know be absolutley sure the person you're marrying is for the right reasons and that you can cohabitat together. my brother and his wife lived together for 2-3 years before they tied the knot. he is glad he did that because he learned he could live with her long term.

    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

  8. #678
    Tempbanned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Claiming women have every equal opportunity as a man is pushing it. In today's business environment, the good ol' boy network still exists which not only blocks innovation (my pet peeve) but also blocks women. I'm talking about extremely traditional thinkers that will never die. If you are not aware of that type of businessman, I'd say you "ain't" in the business world. I think what the problem here is, you're just painting with too broad a brush for my taste. I'm more of a precise thinker. As I previously said, why not just refine your definition? I couldn't care less if you piss any women off, that's not my issue here. It's that you're doing it by muddying the waters. To even claim that women have an equal opportunity as a man makes the water muddy. It simply is not true. You just think it is, so you say it is. I still encounter fellas who refuse to do business with women for being, well, a woman. That nonsense will always be around. I hired a shit load of women for my team because they rocked in sales. No whiners, plenty of feminists.
    yes this your problem you are only looking at specific instances where you believe a women has no equal opportunity but fail to see the bigger picture, typical of a male feminist. You also fail to see that business is a good old boys club because business is not a common career choice for women similar to how nursing and teaching isn't a common career choice for men.

  9. #679
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    yes this your problem you are only looking at specific instances where you believe a women has no equal opportunity but fail to see the bigger picture, typical of a male feminist. You also fail to see that business is a good old boys club because business is not a common career choice for women similar to how nursing and teaching isn't a common career choice for men.
    Are you drunk? That's the only excuse I'll accept for that post. You have everything backwards.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  10. #680
    LL P. Stewie Array Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,510

    Default

    Has this thread been Godwined yet?

    Because...

    Science: Woman like Hitler
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •