User Tag List

First 1656646566676876116 Last

Results 651 to 660 of 1614

  1. #651
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,824

    Default

    65 pages?! Jeeze. I have no clue what's been said before, but based on... uh.. the 65'th age, it seems like you guys are asking for ways to fix the extremist feminism bullcaca that screams for emotional utopia and alienates half the world in the process. I agree.

    Things I think that could be done right now, this second:
    - People can gain empathy.
    - You can hang out with people that do the right thing even when no one is watching.
    - You can speak up for strangers when you see something wrong happening--even if you find out you misread the situation, better to be safe than sorry.
    - You can stop assuming that the way you do things, think about things, say things, and generally live your life is the right way to do anything. Because it isn't.
    - People can stop giving into extremist behavior of any sort.
    - People can start voicing support for situations with their actions that generate the ideas they like to see in the world.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Hard, Osprey, Xander liked this post

  2. #652
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you don't have a kid? didn't you say you have a daughter?
    I do, I'm confused why you thought I was 15.

  3. #653
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What about incremental changes that can be made NOW, to improve life for people who are alive NOW? What could we do to make divorce laws, rape prosecutions, jails, reactions to domestic violence, ideas of free speech, workplace conditions fairer NOW?
    That's exactly what I am trying to get at.

    Edit: Also, if anything it would be like BSG, not like ST:TNG.

  4. #654
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Well, now you're just trolling. I could have excused this if it had been titled "18 Things Radical Feminists Seem to Not Understand", but instead it lumped all females together as a bunch of entitled simpletons. Just another instance of a man assuming he knows women better than they know themselves.

    Fortunately, I'm not presumptuous enough to judge all men by the butthurt idiots who write articles like that.
    I didn't click on that link because the title looked like cheap clickbait with no value whatsoever.

    I was right.

    And then there was the rebuttal on the same site, which was much better: 18 Things Males Seem To Not Understand (Because, Male Privilege) | Thought Catalog

  5. #655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You might wanna check out this guys youtube page if you haven't already I think you would like his videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbb...WG1jZ0w/videos
    It's uplifting and very different compared to how the media portrays men as bumbling idiots.
    Thanks! Men as a whole are wonderful. I've met some unhealthy men that scared me, but many, many more scary women. Women can be very cruel when they're jealous and looking for reasons to put me down. I've been shunned by my girl peers in grade school and a former work place. I've had my car keyed. Tires slashed.

    When I was a kid, I'm not kidding when I say I always hung out with the boys, not just because they were more interesting, but because they were funny and nice to me. That hasn't changed.

  6. #656
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    I suppose I can start.

    What would be their divorce laws be like?
    Full shared custody is the default, both are liable for negligence laws. Neither get to waver without the full consent of the other or a specific court intervention with a good base for it (Like an abusive parent). With no main custodian, child support is replaced by a shared parenting fund, that can be audited by child services to make sure it is used for the child's benefit. Fatherhood is tested as a default policy upon birth & written into the birth certificate. Prenuptial aren't seen as a choice that casts the marriage in doubt, but are instead a requirement to get a marriage license.

    How would they treat rape prosecution?
    This is a hard one. Maybe using mobile apps to make an easier transition to positive consent laws (Meaning a yes, rather then a lack of a no). This might actually reduce divorce rates and improve marriage sustainability, if people are afraid of having sex without it and need to actually add someone to their consent list, they'd be taking a moment to think about it. I am not talking about signing a long legal document with specific details and gory sections, but something simple like taking a picture of someone with a consent app or saying it to your phone really shouldn't be that bad - and even kind of sexy. Does anyone not like hearing the people they fancy saying they want them?

    What would their jails be like?
    Prison rapists would be facing increasingly extended periods of solitary confinement & be considered maximum security.

    What would they do about domestic violence?
    Like schools, government funded shelters will have to be gender neutral and accept victims of both genders, while religious and charity organizations are allowed to fund segregated ones if they choose too. While it can extend the charge, the degree of harm will no longer be a factor in determining whether it counts as domestic violence, so yes - it will be able to include someone getting slapped.

    What would be their policy about free speech in the private sector?
    Non intervention. Yes organizations can fire people for hate speech or sexual harassment if it violates company policy, but it doesn't become a legal factor unless it includes assault (Meaning physical contact) or becomes a basis for discrimination (Like promotion for sexual favors).

    What would their work place be like?
    Anti-discrimination laws will include jobs and extend to scholarships and grants. People will study and work in the professions they decided, not because we gave them extra incentives to fulfill a vision of "should's", and if gender related cultural trends fade, it will take the long road.
    Unemployment offices & colleges will offer wage negotiation seminars, this should reduce the wage gap by quite a bit (Men can take it too, but it would teach them to do things that statistically many seem to already be disposed to doing).

    Any objections? Would you support this if someone tried passing it by congress?
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

  7. #657
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I do, I'm confused why you thought I was 15.
    because, you're newish, don't know anything about you, I'm guessing you're male based on the user namer, and I usually guesstimate males online as younger.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  8. #658
    Senior Member jixmixfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I didn't click on that link because the title looked like cheap clickbait with no value whatsoever.

    I was right.

    And then there was the rebuttal on the same site, which was much better: 18 Things Males Seem To Not Understand (Because, Male Privilege) | Thought Catalog
    This is why no real man should ever date a feminist they are completely out of touch with their feminity. Basically its just a devorce waiting to happen.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

    -Voltaire

  9. #659
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,069

    Default

    What would be their divorce laws be like?

    Both parents are thoroughly looked into, with the parent with the most means to support the child getting more custody. If both parents can provide a decent living for the child, equal joint custody is appropriated. All efforts are provided to get the parents to settle custody issues in a way in which they believe they are giving their partner their fair share. Attempts are made to make the experience involved as painless as possible for all involved. (As divorce, especially a harsh one, can have negative effects on a child later in life.

    How would they treat rape prosecution?

    This is a hard one! I have had so many friends try to call rape because a boyfriend broke up with them or they had drunken sex and later regretted it... Im not sure if I can even come up with a solution for this one, except maybe colleges should stress the seriousness of making false rape allegations and explain what rape actually is. It is not a way to get back at a man who you feel wronged you, it is something extremely serious that many women struggle with even long after it happens to them. That they shouldnt take away from women who had actually been raped, by claiming their experience compares. To the women who are actually raped, those who did not give their consent to have sex, all efforts should be given to help these women feel comfortable in reporting it, and offenders should be dealt with severely. Counseling service information should be provided to all women.

    What would their jails be like?

    Rapists should be put into solitary for the rest of their confinement.

    What would they do about domestic violence?

    Continue to encourage women to report it. Should be treated as assault by police.

    What would be their policy about free speech in the private sector?


    What would their work place be like?

    Equal treatment for both men and women. Men and women have a discussion on what they expect from the opposite sex, both sides listen and come to an agreement.
    Likes Mane, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

  10. #660
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because, you're newish, don't know anything about you, I'm guessing you're male based on the user namer, and I usually guesstimate males online as younger.
    That's fine, people guess my age wrong in real life too!
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts