User Tag List

First 1555636465666775115 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    It's kind of a wonder to me that you've bothered responding to something so persistently ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done. The OP has no interest in having an actual discussion. He just likes complaining and blaming others for his problems.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Is this thread dead?
    Just sleeping. Slinging shit at each other and complaining is a lot easier then brainstorming implementations & solutions. It will waken up when things go back to shit slinging.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Since Le Guin's work came up, I'm going to throw a really sci-fi idea out here. Some day, we may simply stop gestating children at all. It could be an external, artificial process. Sex and reproduction could be 100% separated and biological sex would cease to have even a basic function. From there you could do whatever you want with it, which could include eliminating it. But even if you took no steps to remove biological sex, I suspect it would be eventually become fairly meaningless as a result.
    Not as sci-fi as you might think:
    Where are we on the road to ectogenesis right now? To begin, progress has definitely been rapid over the last 20-30 years. In the mid 1990s, Japanese investigators succeeded in maintaining goat fetuses for weeks in a machine containing artificial amniotic fluid. At the same time, the recent decades have seen rapid advancement in neonatal intensive care that is pushing back the minimum gestational age from which human fetuses can be kept alive. Today, it is possible for a preterm fetus to survive when removed from the mother at a gestational age of slightly less than 22 weeks. That’s only a little more than halfway through the pregnancy (normally 40 weeks). And while rescuing an infant delivered at such an early point requires sophisticated, expensive equipment and care, the capability continues to increase.

A comprehensive review published by the New York Academy of Sciences three years ago highlights a series of achievements by various research groups using ex vivo (out of the body) uterus environments to support mammalian fetuses early in pregnancy. Essentially, two areas of biotechnology are developing rapidly that potentially can enable ectogenesis in humans, and, along the way, what the authors of the Academy review call partial ectogenesis.

Honestly though I have my doubts about cultural acceptance. Even if we have the technology, it's likely most women won't even hear about it unless they have problems during pregnancy. Simply having it possible is still pretty far from having a ubiquitous service women can sign onto to have their pregnancy outside of their body. Will there be a market for it?

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done. The OP has no interest in having an actual discussion. He just likes complaining and blaming others for his problems.
    Ironically the complete opposite is true here.

Permabanned

Ok, This is my attempt (post 612) to take the discussion from the ideological arena to the practical - instead of complaining about what we are doing focus on what we realistically should do, including going into the details (post 637).

@msg_v2 @Coriolis @Xander @Ivy & @Frosty6226 - Please consider it an invitation for brainstorming.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm having trouble seeing how your questions are less ideological and more practical than the discussion that was already happening (aside from the trolling and responses to trolling, this has been a cool thread IMO). I don't actually think it's practical to brainstorm what a utopian egalitarian society would look like since it's utterly unlikely to happen in my lifetime or realistically even my kids' lifetimes. I guess watch Star Trek TNG, that's the closest thing I can think of to one of those.

What about incremental changes that can be made NOW, to improve life for people who are alive NOW? What could we do to make divorce laws, rape prosecutions, jails, reactions to domestic violence, ideas of free speech, workplace conditions fairer NOW?
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Feminism in it's most recent times does not advocate equal rights and it very much synonymous with the hatred of men. You would know this if you objectively studied and analyzed the hypocrisy what feminists have been fighting for in recent years.
    I agree with you.

I don't want other women speaking for me like I've been victimized by men when I haven't. The other day, a man ran out of nowhere and hurdled a shrub to open and hold a door for me. I was so impressed by that. It confirms what I've been saying about men all along. They're wonderful.
    Likes jixmixfix, N/A liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I agree with you.

I don't want other women speaking for me like I've been victimized by men when I haven't. The other day, a man ran out of nowhere and hurdled a shrub to open and hold a door for me. I was so impressed by that. It confirms what I've been saying about men all along. They're wonderful.
    You might wanna check out this guys youtube page if you haven't already I think you would like his videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbb...WG1jZ0w/videos
    It's uplifting and very different compared to how the media portrays men as bumbling idiots.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Is this thread dead?
    It's undead.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so