User Tag List

First 1353616263646573113 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Didn't post that for you. So, I'm not super interested in your response to it.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Feminism in it's most recent times does not advocate equal rights and it very much synonymous with the hatred of men. You would know this if you objectively studied and analyzed the hypocrisy what feminists have been fighting for in recent years.
    Your accusing me of not being objective is ironic. It's true that some feminists promote misandry, but not all of them. Not even close.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Ivy, Osprey liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Didn't post that for you. So, I'm not super interested in your response to it.
    Really it's my thread so go post it somewhere else then.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    It is funny how statistics are always thrown out that women make less than men on average, while I do not know the whole story on this, I think a large part of the reason logically women might make less than men is because on a whole women are less likely to negotiate for benefits and are likely to take more days off.
    Interesting:

Linda Babcock did a study for her book Women Don’t Ask where she found that there was a 7.6% difference between the salaries that women MBAs were getting and those that men were getting. A lot had been written on the comparable work issue already and much of the blame for the difference had been placed on organizations—basically institutional sexism.

Linda doesn’t say that doesn’t happen, but she does ask if there is something more. One of the questions she asked people is, “When you got your offer, did you attempt to negotiate?” She found that about 7% of women attempted to negotiate, while 57% of men did. Of those people who negotiated, they were able to increase their salary by over 7%. So, you can see that if women and men negotiated in similar proportions, that 7.6% difference would be cut dramatically.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I suggest you start a blog. That can truly be "your thread."
    Likes Hard liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Your accusing me of not being objective is ironic. It's true that some feminists promote misandry, but not all of them. Not even close.
    Most modern feminists promote misandry. Anyone who believes in patriarchy theory is focused on an ideology with a false premise that leads to all sorts of delusional claims about men.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I suggest you start a blog. That can truly be "your thread."
    Good idea.

MBTI
    INTJ

I mean I dont have any problem with women wanting the most they can get out of life, I mean I'm a woman, I just don't want it unfairly. I just dont think what feminists are currently doing right now is very effective, and honestly its a bit insulting.
    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    But that is the interesting part.

What would be their divorce laws be like?
    How would they treat rape prosecution?
    What would their jails be like?
    What would they do about domestic violence?
    What would be their policy about free speech in the private sector?
    What would their work place be like?
    Etc..

I am not asking for a Utopian society vision, but a real practical implementation, with humans.

What would be their divorce laws be like?

Exactly the same for men and women? Really, that one is easy. Any difference is obvious and artificial and can be removed.

How would they treat rape prosecution?

...The same for men and women? Is that going to be the answer to all of these questions? Because on both of these, that in and of itself really should be a satisfactory response.

What would their jails be like?

Ah! This is more interesting. The logical conclusion of what I want society to be like would have to be one in where prisons were of mixed sex. That idea, however, probably makes a lot of people squeamish. The thing is, past the initial reaction, does it actually follow that such a prison system would be any worse? I mean, we already have female prisons with male COs who abuse those women. We already have male prisons in which men frequently rape other men. It's already pretty much as fucked up as it can be. There is a general problem with how we run our prisons that need to be addressed, that has nothing to do with whether or not they are single or mixed gender.

What would they do about domestic violence?

I'm not sure I even understand these questions. You define domestic violence. You devise investigative means for determining when it is present. You come up with legal sentencing for domestic violence. You apply a legal conviction to people who appear to have committed domestic violence according to the investigation. If there's a difference in how any of that's done right now based on the gender of anyone involved, there shouldn't be. What is the issue with that?

What would be their policy about free speech in the private sector?
    Free speech? Is this supposed to be getting at sexual harassment laws? Or hate speech? The answer is pretty much the same as above.

What would their work place be like?
    Full of men and women doing pretty much the same things with equal frequency?

Look, the whole reasons any of these things aren't the case right now is because we've still inherited a culture that largely believes in gender norms and different genders on the basis of notions that I think are false. As long as those cultural ideas are present and have an influence, doing any of the things above will be a challenge. So some how we have to change the culture. We have to figure out how to do that. Is that perhaps what you really mean to ask? Not what the gender equal world would look like, but what action I think would bring it about?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What would you prefer to call someone who believes men and women should have equal rights, responsibilities, and opportunities?
    Gender egalitarian. It's what I prefer to go by, anyway.

Feminist has a lot of baggage, beyond the obvious (Feminine derivative), there is feminist theory with feminist historical and social analysis, feminist political organizations, leaders, thinkers, etc. In comparison I feel that gender egalitarian is a relatively neutral term that recognizes that gender biases are a problem for both genders without a strict abidance to any particular narrative. I also feel the term would make it easier for members of both genders to get behind, and be overly more inclusive.