User Tag List

First 1151596061626371111161 Last

Results 601 to 610 of 1614

  1. #601
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    LOL!
    Posting videos created by a few random bimbos is not helping to prove your argument, as their personal views do not reflect those of womankind in general. Do you seriously not understand that?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  2. #602
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I can understand how it might be easier for you if this were true, but it's not.
    rqdoz4jjntyt.jpg

  3. #603
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Posting videos created by a few random bimbos is not helping to prove your argument, as their personal views do not reflect those of womankind in general. Do you seriously not understand that?
    Womenkind yes, feminists no. But I do find certain stereotypes about women to be true. For example the stereotype that women are generally weaker than men physically is true. There are a good number of women I know or seen that are anti feminists as well.

  4. #604
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This may be the most counter-productive conversation I've ever had.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes jixmixfix, Hard liked this post

  5. #605
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Womenkind yes, feminists no. But I do find certain stereotypes about women to be true. For example the stereotype that women are generally weaker than men physically is true. There are a good number of women I know or seen that are anti feminists as well.
    Yet another generalization. You assume their views are representative of all feminists. By its basic definition, I'm a feminist, because I believe in equal rights. But I do not believe women are better than men, nor do I think they deserve preferential treatment, because no one does.

    I realize generalizations are easy and satisfying, but they're also lazy.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  6. #606
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Yet another generalization. You assume their views are representative of all feminists. By its basic definition, I'm a feminist, because I believe in equal rights. But I do not believe women are better than men, nor do I think they deserve preferential treatment, because no one does.

    I realize generalizations are easy and satisfying, but they're also lazy.
    Ignoring the source which prompted the post, why "feminist"? Surely that's generally counter productive to putting people in a frame of mind to look at equality and instead sets them up for a debate/agreement due to the associations with that title. Unless of course that part of your agenda is to disprove the associations and reform the title.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #607
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Ignoring the source which prompted the post, why "feminist"? Surely that's generally counter productive to putting people in a frame of mind to look at equality and instead sets them up for a debate/agreement due to the associations with that title. Unless of course that part of your agenda is to disprove the associations and reform the title.
    I agree. It's a stupid name for it. I'd prefer "gender equality". But I didn't come up with it.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  8. #608
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Ok, so I have been sinking my head into gender warfare articles and rants since this thread started... And both the complaints of both sides are usually pretty valid, to some extent. Taking step back from that, I have a question for the thread goers:

    What would a society that has successfully addressed the concerns of both genders look like?

  9. #609
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Ok, so I have been sinking my head into gender warfare articles and rants since this thread started... And both the complaints of both sides are usually pretty valid, to some extent. Taking step back from that, I have a question for the thread goers:

    What would a society that has successfully addressed the concerns of both genders look like?
    More boring. There'd be less to talk about.

    Ultimately, logical. Hence it won't happen. Or am I being too cynical now?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  10. #610
    Senior Member Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Ok, so I have been sinking my head into gender warfare articles and rants since this thread started... And both the complaints of both sides are usually pretty valid, to some extent. Taking step back from that, I have a question for the thread goers:

    What would a society that has successfully addressed the concerns of both genders look like?
    That are a lot of specific twists and turns it might take to get there, if we ever do. I can't really say what all of those policies would look like.

    But to me, the ultimate achieve would actually be sheer indifference. That is, indifference about gender. I don't want there to be an expectation automatically placed on someone that would not be placed on someone else of another gender.

    I'd like a society that gives gender about the same priority as eye color.

    I'm doubtful that will ever happen.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right
    Likes BadOctopus, Ivy liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO