User Tag List

First 949575859606169109159 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you have a kid? I figured you were one of those rarely awesome and mature 15 year olds.
    ???

Permabanned

Women in the media laugh at mans penis getting cut off. Many call it justifiable because "he filed for divorce".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    I am not accusing you of degrees, I am sure the specifics are not the same, but it's still an extension of the same idea, a manifestation of the same way of thinking about the human body and human sexuality, and the female body in particular (Secondary sexual traits). If burkas were on the right end of the spectrum and church outfits in the middle, typoC might be a few inches to the left from the middle, but you still exist on the same spectrum & expressing the same core psychology, even if you are implementing the same thing to a lesser degree, you are still implementing it, so you should have some degree of empathy for the spirit behind it.

That's exactly what I was saying, though the t-shirts the kid's chose to wear suggest that it was ("I am not an object" & "I am not an animal").
    I'd be (and have been) the first to admit that I have mixed feelings about the nudity rules here. Honestly, there's little I hate more than being the nipple police. It's more of a NSFW thing for us than an "ew nipples" or "ew genitals" thing (I mean, I've got nude pix of myself nursing my babies, but I sure as shit wouldn't post them here), and it used to be much more of a grey area than it is now but people were willfully pushing the boundaries so we made it very black & white to save ourselves the time.
    Likes Mane liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: the T-shirts, the reasoning the school administrators gave for the rules was that girls' style of dress was "distracting" to boys and they wouldn't get any work done. But when a small number of boys were actually acting like animals to girls, catcalling them in hallways and making horrible comments to them (which happened regardless of the girls' style of dress) the administration didn't take it as seriously as they did the girls' visible bra straps.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Saying this do you consider yourself to be a victim of oppression by a patriarchal system?
    I'm fucked by gender roles just like everybody is... however, looking across the years of human history, there's a much stronger pattern of screwing over women than men and a lot of ideas that were considered relevant and The Truth then are still in place now, just not said out loud as frequently. you can't tell me that we've never had a woman president because we're less qualified at leading and uniting people than men are... there's just the idiotic idea in place that we'll fall to pieces as soon as something gets tough. when a woman is nominated for a high office there's a good bit of debate over her looks... a lot more than you get over men(look at what was said after Elena Kagan was nominated for the Supreme Court...). We're getting away from a lot of the institutional prejudices out there, but as long as people think that women are weak and emotional basketcases with the primary attribute of looks there's not going to be any REAL change. And I'm not saying that women don't perpetuate some of those beliefs themselves with things like Cosmo and Sex in the City and other such drivel aimed at women primarily. because that's what women are supposed to like. a good portion of people will just fall into expected behaviors because it's easier than always fighting.

not giving you a clear answer that you want... it's much more complicated than that
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    ???
    you don't have a kid? didn't you say you have a daughter?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'd be (and have been) the first to admit that I have mixed feelings about the nudity rules here. Honestly, there's little I hate more than being the nipple police. It's more of a NSFW thing for us than an "ew nipples" or "ew genitals" thing (I mean, I've got nude pix of myself nursing my babies, but I sure as shit wouldn't post them here), and it used to be much more of a grey area than it is now but people were willfully pushing the boundaries so we made it very black & white to save ourselves the time.
    So typoC's rules aren't an expression of your personal feeling - understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Re: the T-shirts, the reasoning the school administrators gave for the rules was that girls' style of dress was "distracting" to boys and they wouldn't get any work done. But when a small number of boys were actually acting like animals to girls, catcalling them in hallways and making horrible comments to them (which happened regardless of the girls' style of dress) the administration didn't take it as seriously as they did the girls' visible bra straps.
    I am curious - did the protest work? Or have any effect at all?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Well, now you're just trolling. I could have excused this if it had been titled "18 Things Radical Feminists Seem to Not Understand", but instead it lumped all females together as a bunch of entitled simpletons. Just another instance of a man assuming he knows women better than they know themselves.

Fortunately, I'm not presumptuous enough to judge all men by the butthurt idiots who write articles like that.
    Likes prplchknz, Ivy, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    I am curious - did the protest work? Or have any effect at all?
    It actually did. The principal (who is new) held a forum for the students to voice their concerns, and ended up telling the faculty to back off on the dress code. It's still in place, but it's not enforced in the selective, punitive, and sexist way it was being. That was more what the kids were upset about.
    Likes Qlip, Mane liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm fucked by gender roles just like everybody is... however, looking across the years of human history, there's a much stronger pattern of screwing over women than men and a lot of ideas that were considered relevant and The Truth then are still in place now, just not said out loud as frequently. you can't tell me that we've never had a woman president because we're less qualified at leading and uniting people than men are... there's just the idiotic idea in place that we'll fall to pieces as soon as something gets tough.
    How about the idea that we've never had a women president because, women genuinely don't want to be put in positions of responsibility and decline such a position. Men genuinely date downward so women are more likely to be taken care of by another person than a man. How is possible that there has never been a women president but a much higher number of men are more homeless compared to women? I think this comes back to that old saying "With great power comes great responsibility".

when a woman is nominated for a high office there's a good bit of debate over her looks... a lot more than you get over men(look at what was said after Elena Kagan was nominated for the Supreme Court...).
    This is bullshit, statistics have shown that women are more likely to vote for a political leader who is better looking. Women are also more likely to vote democrat and men are more likely to vote republican.

We're getting away from a lot of the institutional prejudices out there, but as long as people think that women are weak and emotional basketcases with the primary attribute of looks there's not going to be any REAL change. And I'm not saying that women don't perpetuate some of those beliefs themselves with things like Cosmo and Sex in the City and other such drivel aimed at women primarily. because that's what women are supposed to like. a good portion of people will just fall into expected behaviors because it's easier than always fighting.

not giving you a clear answer that you want... it's much more complicated than that
    Women are more likely to base their decisions on feelings than thinking though, this is why I think part of the reason more women are "f" types in MBTI.