User Tag List

First 646545556575866106156 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

what's the point of reporting it if you're told that it's your fault?

I reported it and the fuckers told me I was dressed like a slut and asking for it. if it were any other type of assault that type of response would be much more in the unthinkable category... "I'm sorry sir, but you were wearing a truly obnoxious shirt and you just can't blame someone for taking a swing at you if you're dressed like that!"
    How do you justify this backwards logic? seriously? If anything when someone says "you were dressed like a slut and asking for it" that should give even more of an incentive to report the crime. The judge isn't going to say to you "well you were asking for it by dressing like a slut" they would get fired.

what we need is consistency in response to things of that sort and to get rid of some of the antiquated ideas that women are a product on display and that men are cavemen who can't help but to act on their urges... that's selling everyone short in the end. fuck that... we're all better than that
    Of course we are better than that, but by promoting "rape culture" we are proving the exact opposite by demoralizing men into cavemen that cannot control their urges, which is false. When a man rapes a women it is seen as a crime that is punished(which it should be) but there are far greater psychological issues here that aren't addressed. Not every man is a rapist and men aren't born rapists.

crime stats on university campuses are a big deal and making sure that things aren't reported to keep the levels down... less crime= more money and even public universities are in the business of bringing in the $$$... back to the old idea, follow the money and you'll see how things actually are. any response is just a band-aid to make it look like they actually care about the students
    The real rape statistic isn't 1-4 it's something like 1 and several thousand. The 1-4 statistic was based on a survey that asking women questions like "were you ever drunk when you had sex". It's not the actual crimes that's the problem on campuses it's the reported crimes that's the problem. False rape accusations are far more common than women who were actually the victims of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post

The real rape statistic isn't 1-4 it's something like 1 and several thousand. The 1-4 statistic was based on a survey that asking women questions like "were you ever drunk when you had sex". It's not the actual crimes that's the problem on campuses it's the reported crimes that's the problem. False rape accusations are far more common than women who were actually the victims of rape.
    The real rape statistic is false since actual rape is under-reported by women.

Rape Is Grossly Underreported In The U.S., Study Finds
    Last edited by violett; 04-09-2015 at 06:05 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Try being a mother to a sixteen year old daughter and watching an entire group of city utility workers wait until she passes them on her way home from school only to see them all turn around and begin salivating once she passes and they think its safe. It was wonderful to be consumed by feelings of shock which then turned to disgust coupled with the desire to gouge eyes out with a kitchen utensil.
    I know with an impending sense of dread that I have that to look forward to in 11 years. Because I don't believe society will evolve quickly enough for that to stop. In fact, it feels like it's going the other way lately.

And the fact that I can't always be there for her to stop it from happening.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    The real rape statistic is false since actual rape is under-reported by women.
    Real rape victims are under reported and false rape accusation are over reported.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My daughter's school cracked down on the dress code for girls at the beginning of this year, and there were HUGE protests from the students (male and female). One kid organized a protest where they made T-shirts and all wore them on the same day- the girls' shirts said "I am not an object," and the boys' said "I am not an animal." Seriously, I know I say it all the time, but this crap hurts us all. I have a daughter and a son and I want these attitudes to be uprooted for both of them.
    That's kind of a cool idea, but I am pretty sure the idea that it reduces rape is more of an after thought to rationalize a dress code that probably has more to do to with the conservative mindset that isn't comfortable with human flash and female sexuality in particular. You have the exact same sort of code here regarding avy's and pictures in typoC and I am pretty sure you aren't afraid of people raping their computer screens, hell from what I've heard you even apply it to art, and to my knowledge nobody has ever started humping the statue of David uncontrollably, so I am guessing you have more sympathy for that mindset then I do.

One of the easiest mistakes people make in arguments and the reason it's often so hard to convince people in arguments is that if you are just tackling the rationalization rather then the motivation, they will just build a new rationalization.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so you didn't lose custody? if not sorry then nevermind.
    I don't have children. I'm confused as to what you are trying to say.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I know with an impending sense of dread that I have that to look forward to in 11 years. Because I don't believe society will evolve quickly enough for that to stop. In fact, it feels like it's going the other way lately.

And the fact that I can't always be there for her to stop it from happening.
    Just educate and increase her awareness. Also, enroll her in a self-defense course when she is old enough. You will feel better and she will consider it an invaluable experience.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

How do you justify this backwards logic? seriously? If anything when someone says "you were dressed like a slut and asking for it" that should give even more of an incentive to report the crime. The judge isn't going to say to you "well you were asking for it by dressing like a slut" they would get fired.
    the campus POLICE told me that I was asking for it by dressing like a slut... I DID report it

Of course we are better than that, but by promoting "rape culture" we are proving the exact opposite by demoralizing men into cavemen that cannot control their urges, which is false. When a man rapes a women it is seen as a crime that is punished(which it should be) but there are far greater psychological issues here that aren't addressed. Not every man is a rapist and men aren't born rapists.
    umm... did you read what I posted? I actually DID say that saying that men are cavemen who can't help but to act on his urges is selling him as short as treating women like a product on display (i.e. the treatment you get is based on how much skin you receive... can you blame someone for wanting to rape your brains out for looking that good?)... I'm saying that our gender stereotypes in general are fucked up

I would not say that one in several thousand would be ANYWHERE near accurate... just as knowledge from knowing people and their stories
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I don't have children. I'm confused as to what you are trying to say.
    oh, then everything i've said does not apply. I sort of figured that was the motive for this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Go to sleep, iguana.