User Tag List

Page 54 of 162 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    So you meant to say that a woman who rapes woman isn't necessarily a lesbian, not that she isn't a lesbian (Because of nuance, apparently). Excellent, one gone, 4 to go. Should I now be optimistic on you clearing the other "misunderstandings"?
    You managed to do some heavy extrapolations on two things that I said that were both germane to the direction of the conversation and were obviously true, based on your interpretation of my intent or something. Answer them yourself, feel free to show your work.
    Likes Lark liked this post

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You managed to do some heavy extrapolations on two things that I said that were both germane to the direction of the conversation and were obviously true, based on your interpretation of my intent or something. Answer them yourself, feel free to show your work.
    You know what? If you say these weren't what you've meant, I'll take your word for it.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

The op is wrong, so wrong. my room mate is abusive towards woman and is a general asshole, yet has partial custody of his daughter. so no it's not in favor of the woman. if that was the case he'd have none and his ass would be rotting in jail like he deserves. so don't claim that the law favors the mom,
    by @magpie

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    now... if they can be convinced that it won't make them less of a man

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Hahhahahaha and you can blame women for that number for their false accusations. I've met about 4 women in my life who told me they've been actually raped and sadly enough none of them reported it.
    what's the point of reporting it if you're told that it's your fault?

I reported it and the fuckers told me I was dressed like a slut and asking for it. if it were any other type of assault that type of response would be much more in the unthinkable category... "I'm sorry sir, but you were wearing a truly obnoxious shirt and you just can't blame someone for taking a swing at you if you're dressed like that!"

what we need is consistency in response to things of that sort and to get rid of some of the antiquated ideas that women are a product on display and that men are cavemen who can't help but to act on their urges... that's selling everyone short in the end. fuck that... we're all better than that

crime stats on university campuses are a big deal and making sure that things aren't reported to keep the levels down... less crime= more money and even public universities are in the business of bringing in the $$$... back to the old idea, follow the money and you'll see how things actually are. any response is just a band-aid to make it look like they actually care about the students
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My understanding and experience of the sexist BS still prevalent in this world increased since I became father to a daughter.
    Likes Red Herring liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I reported it and the fuckers told me I was dressed like a slut and asking for it. if it were any other type of assault that type of response would be much more in the unthinkable category... "I'm sorry sir, but you were wearing a truly obnoxious shirt and you just can't blame someone for taking a swing at you if you're dressed like that!"

what we need is consistency in response to things of that sort and to get rid of some of the antiquated ideas that women are a product on display and that men are cavemen who can't help but to act on their urges... that's selling everyone short in the end. fuck that... we're all better than that
    Now were it possible, getting a guy to go and do the same to your attacker... Maybe he was wearing a dashing suit or slightly tight shorts... Now that would raise more than an eyebrow and a fitting punishment to a person overly obsessed with power.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Now were it possible, getting a guy to go and do the same to your attacker... Maybe he was wearing a dashing suit or slightly tight shorts... Now that would raise more than an eyebrow and a fitting punishment to a person overly obsessed with power.
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I agree with @whatever (that sounds weird ). Saying that a woman who dresses provocatively is "asking for it" does a disservice to men as much as women. It's basically implying that men are dumb animals and can't be expected to control their impulses. I can't imagine that any self-respecting man would particularly appreciate being thought of as a primitive beast who is completely ruled by his reproductive organs.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Ivy, Red Herring, Xander liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My daughter's school cracked down on the dress code for girls at the beginning of this year, and there were HUGE protests from the students (male and female). One kid organized a protest where they made T-shirts and all wore them on the same day- the girls' shirts said "I am not an object," and the boys' said "I am not an animal." Seriously, I know I say it all the time, but this crap hurts us all. I have a daughter and a son and I want these attitudes to be uprooted for both of them.
    Likes Osprey, Red Herring, Xander, Hard liked this post

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I agree with @whatever (that sounds weird ). Saying that a woman who dresses provocatively is "asking for it" does a disservice to men as much as women. It's basically implying that men are dumb animals and can't be expected to control their impulses. I can't imagine that any self-respecting man would particularly appreciate being thought of as a primitive beast who is completely ruled by his reproductive organs.
    I don't know, I've seen some guys apply that reasoning to themselves. In an odd way, it can be liberating. It removes accountability.
    Go to sleep, iguana.