User Tag List

First 3240414243445292142 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

women's organizations aren't only for women... my friend's dad was the president of his local chapter at one point, much to the confusion of some new members. he always explained that, as the father of 3 daughters, he was as interested in women's rights as anyone
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Ivy, violett liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    women's organizations aren't only for women... my friend's dad was the president of his local chapter at one point, much to the confusion of some new members. he always explained that, as the father of 3 daughters, he was as interested in women's rights as anyone
    Mangina they call him.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Mangina they call him.
    for being interested in his daughters' futures?

that's kind of fucked up...

dude was a republican, church elder and lobbyist for the gun industry as well- if you question people loving their families you've got a really weird view of the world

I was discouraged by guidance councilors and adults from pursuing a career in the sciences when I was in high school... they suggested nursing instead because women are happier there. this was after I got a perfect score on the science section of the ACT. I had to beg to work a different role at work because "it's too hard for a woman" even though I had proven myself a good employee thus far. Conversely, I had a male friend who had wanted to be a nurse, but since he was an asian male he was pushed into engineering. Getting over the ridiculous and outdated ideas of prescribed gender roles will make BOTH genders freer to choose the path that will make them happier
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Ivy, Red Herring liked this post

Permabanned

for being interested in his daughters' futures?

that's kind of fucked up...

dude was a republican, church elder and lobbyist for the gun industry as well- if you question people loving their families you've got a really weird view of the world

I was discouraged by guidance councilors and adults from pursuing a career in the sciences when I was in high school... they suggested nursing instead because women are happier there. this was after I got a perfect score on the science section of the ACT. I had to beg to work a different role at work because "it's too hard for a woman" even though I had proven myself a good employee thus far. Conversely, I had a male friend who had wanted to be a nurse, but since he was an asian male he was pushed into engineering. Getting over the ridiculous and outdated ideas of prescribed gender roles will make BOTH genders freer to choose the path that will make them happier
    He wasn't advocating for his children's future though he was advocating for women's rights, also depending on what he was arguing for his views were most likely sexist but i would actually have to see what he was arguing for to make that assumption. Also why would you give up to work in the science field if someone suggested to you otherwise? doesn't that say more about your own character than anything? Also i liked how you at least acknowledged what happened to your male friend.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

He wasn't advocating for his children's future though he was advocating for women's rights, also depending on what he was arguing for his views were most likely sexist but i would actually have to see what he was arguing for.
    Gee... I'm relieved to see that you know so much about the situation... Especially considering that you've never met anyone involved in it!

Until you manage to get your head out of your ass and use some logic and comprehension instead of just regurgitating arguments and buzzwords that you've heard elsewhere you're not worth taking seriously... I always wonder if people who can't adequately express themselves without resorting to such techniques are too lazy to think for themselves or merely unable to
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned

Gee... I'm relieved to see that you know so much about the situation... Especially considering that you've never met anyone involved in it!

Until you manage to get your head out of your ass and use some logic and comprehension instead of just regurgitating arguments and buzzwords that you've heard elsewhere you're not worth taking seriously... I always wonder if people who can't adequately express themselves without resorting to such techniques are too lazy to think for themselves or merely unable to
    Buzzwords? LOL you mean objective logic? it's too bad you didn't believe in yourself for pursuing a career in science it just goes to show that you were never suitable for that type of career to begin with those guidance Councillors were right.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Buzzwords? LOL you mean objective logic? it's too bad you didn't believe in yourself for pursuing a career in science it just goes to show that you were never suitable for that type of career to begin with those guidance Councillors were right.
    Thanks... I'm framing this for posterity

And I studied stats and data analysis instead...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Mangina they call him.
    Supporting women's rights doesn't make you less of a man. It does make you less of an ass.
    Likes Ivy, Hard, Red Herring liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Supporting women's rights doesn't make you less of a man. It does make you less of an ass.
    Depends on the issues I would support women's rights in Isalm where women (and men) are genuinely oppressed but women's rights in north America?

Permabanned

Thanks... I'm framing this for posterity

And I studied stats and data analysis instead...
    At least you didn't study women's studies.