User Tag List

Page 40 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Same core principles new battle, yep. Yes and yes.

"The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them".-Mark Twain.
    I'm not sure how that quote was an answer to the question I posed.

Is there such a thing as fiscal conservatism, cultural conservatism, neo-conservatism, theo-conservatism, paternal conservatism, liberal conservatism, libertarian conservatism or has conservatism reached its fifth or sixth wave?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I'm fairly certain the underlying attitude of the particular owner in question and men present during the business meetings I mentioned had to do with local culture. I live in what would be considered a southern state, born and raised in the liberal democratic northeast, those kinds of jokes would not be socially acceptable in the workplace where I am from...

I don't care if a freind or aquaintance made a sexist joke. I hold bosses and employers to different standard than casual aquaintances.
    Both of the workplaces I described are in NC, so the South. I don't think the northeast has a lock on respectful workplaces.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Owners of companies should not be cracking sexist jokes in mixed company at business meetings. They should maintain a certain level of professionalism. It's inappropriate. I haven't witnessed the same level of sexism in women I work with but I'm sure there are women who do engage in such behavior.
    Agreed. Unless it's part of a mutually entered into agreement on what is acceptable. You can't just hammer it, you'll just make things weird for everyone.

As for the double standards, there are many pieces of advice on what to do if you get unwanted advances from a man for a woman but almost none in reverse. What with the stereotypes of men wanting just about anything, how does a man refuse a woman without implying she's dirt in your shoe? I've had to cross that bridge (yeah I know, surprised the hell out of me too) and it's an uncomfortable experience to say the least. I felt almost obliged to accept or I'd be (yet again) doing something deeply counter culture.

Feminism should be dead. Equality should be the goal. The feminist term should be dropped because of its association with weirdos and extremists. Same as most other ists. However the claims made in this thread, maybe a t should be kept as a reminder for those who failed to hear the message the first time around.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Hard liked this post

Do it, because you would have to look pretty fucking hard.
    I'm pretty sure I have recently seen a female Department of Highways worker. So, it wouldn't take as long as you think.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Men do still do them without technology, do you see any women construction workers? do you see any women fighting infantry in the military? men throughout history have taken on roles that involve risk and hard labor and still do so today all around the world.
    Yes and yes.

Anything else?

Women, the same as men, take jobs which interest them. Many, many more men want to run around with guns than women. You can make it all as grand as you like but that's at least part of the motivation of every boy aiming to fight for his country.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Agreed. Unless it's part of a mutually entered into agreement on what is acceptable. You can't just hammer it, you'll just make things weird for everyone.

As for the double standards, there are many pieces of advice on what to do if you get unwanted advances from a man for a woman but almost none in reverse. What with the stereotypes of men wanting just about anything, how does a man refuse a woman without implying she's dirt in your shoe? I've had to cross that bridge (yeah I know, surprised the hell out of me too) and it's an uncomfortable experience to say the least. I felt almost obliged to accept or I'd be (yet again) doing something deeply counter culture.

Feminism should be dead. Equality should be the goal. The feminist term should be dropped because of its association with weirdos and extremists. Same as most other ists. However the claims made in this thread, maybe a t should be kept as a reminder for those who failed to hear the message the first time around.
    I didn't hammer it. But my daugher definitely would have, or at least she claims she would, I would have paid to see her, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm pretty sure I have recently seen a female Department of Highways worker. So, it wouldn't take as long as you think.
    And I'm sure the dominance of men in construction work has nothing to do with the fact that by and large, women today were discouraged from doing manual labor as young people, and men were required to do it. My brother was made to chop wood, I was made to mop. Neither of us ever had to do the other's chores.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    13 pages worth of examples isn't enough? The entire point of you creating this thread is to show how stupid you think women are. We got it.
    And displaying a lovely example of what misogyny is. Can't forget that.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Both of the workplaces I described are in NC, so the South. I don't think the northeast has a lock on respectful workplaces.
    I didn't mean to imply the northeast had a lock on respectful workplaces. But from what I have seen they don't have the same level of "The good ol' boy club" politic.

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Yes and yes.

Anything else?

Women, the same as men, take jobs which interest them. Many, many more men want to run around with guns than women. You can make it all as grand as you like but that's at least part of the motivation of every boy aiming to fight for his country.
    So men take jobs that interest them but women don't take jobs that interest them? what are you trying to say here you aren't sounding very clear.