User Tag List

First 2937383940414989139 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Any time there is a lack of choice, that is oppression. The fact that you think women were happy, not oppressed and ignorant (which they were and were kept that way) simply proves how distorted your view is of the past. I won't even bother commenting how how men were much more chivalrous back then.
    Of course men were much more chivalrous which is my fucking point what is the point of chivalry when that person has more rights than you do in a society? how were women were oppressed back then can you name a few? So I can make you look stupid.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This is complete bullshit, technology has allowed women to work jobs that not require manual labor this is what I mean by technology. Women only worked manual labor jobs when men were out fighting and dying for their country women had it so much easier than men. This is why you don't see feminism nearly as prominent in developing countries today because much of the work still consists of manual labor and high risk jobs which is something throughout history that women never really had to do much of in comparison to men.
    Interesting. You believe that women only have these roles because of technology bit you don't branch out to consider if men would still do them without the technology.

Society at large is more reliant on technology and few jobs have not felt it's touch. I doubt you'd get many applicants for cutting down trees with an axe and a saw. True, though, I'd estimate they'd mainly be men. Not sure if that's a compliment however.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    There is also the counter problem which remains. I work with a lot of women and it's the culture that men shouldn't crack sexist jokes unless they're going for sarcasm and it's well telegraphed but women are unbound in such things.

Also the number of times I've heard "these boxes are heavy, we need a couple of strapping lads" is beyond my recollection. I'm slowly winning the war but the politics is killing me!
    Owners of companies should not be cracking sexist jokes in mixed company at business meetings. They should maintain a certain level of professionalism. It's inappropriate. I haven't witnessed the same level of sexism in women I work with but I'm sure there are women who do engage in such behavior.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Interesting. You believe that women only have these roles because of technology bit you don't branch out to consider if men would still do them without the technology.

Society at large is more reliant on technology and few jobs have not felt it's touch. I doubt you'd get many applicants for cutting down trees with an axe and a saw. True, though, I'd estimate they'd mainly be men. Not sure if that's a compliment however.
    Men do still do them without technology, do you see any women construction workers? do you see any women fighting infantry in the military? men throughout history have taken on roles that involve risk and hard labor and still do so today all around the world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My husband used to work in a pretty conservative workplace where people didn't hesitate to make racist or sexist jokes- the women did that "I couldn't possibly lift that, I'm a woman!" shit there. In his current workplace there is none of that- everyone is on equal footing regardless of gender. He's much happier where he is now.

(I work from home so I get to make all the crude jokes I want and I promise not to sue myself, lol.)

Men do still do them without technology, do you see any women construction workers? do you see any women fighting infantry in the military? men throughout history have taken on roles that involve risk and hard labor and still do so today all around the world.
    The next time I see a female construction worker I will take a picture and upload it to this site just for you.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    The next time I see a female construction worker I will take a picture and upload it to this site just for you.
    Do it, because you would have to look pretty fucking hard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Of course men were much more chivalrous which is my fucking point what is the point of chivalry when that person has more rights than you do in a society? how were women were oppressed back then can you name a few? So I can make you look stupid.
    13 pages worth of examples isn't enough? The entire point of you creating this thread is to show how stupid you think women are. We got it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, Hard liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    13 pages worth of examples isn't enough? The entire point of you creating this thread is to show how stupid you think women are. We got it.
    13 pages to show how stupid stupid modern feminism is, not women get it right. Good job you can't even come up with a good argument for women's oppression or patriarchy theory and you call yourself a feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My husband used to work in a pretty conservative workplace where people didn't hesitate to make racist or sexist jokes- the women did that "I couldn't possibly lift that, I'm a woman!" shit there. In his current workplace there is none of that- everyone is on equal footing regardless of gender. He's much happier where he is now.

(I work from home so I get to make all the crude jokes I want and I promise not to sue myself, lol.)
    I'm fairly certain the underlying attitude of the particular owner in question and men present during the business meetings I mentioned had to do with local culture. I live in what would be considered a southern state, born and raised in the liberal democratic northeast, those kinds of jokes would not be socially acceptable in the workplace where I am from...

I don't care if a freind or aquaintance made a sexist joke. I hold bosses and employers to different standard than casual aquaintances.