User Tag List

First 2836373839404888138 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    3rd wave feminism is the most trivial of the two, it focus on issues that have been debunked and relies on piss poor arguments to make it's claim. 1st wave focused on giving women equal opportunity while 3rd wave demonizes men in favor of extra female privilege.
    hmm, I know your feminism is evil schtick and this is consistent I suppose, its just the latest, baddest version of a bad thing.

You dont believe that feminism is a diverse and disparite grouping of ideologies but waves of the same ideology?

Do you believe that about conservatism or liberalism or anything else or is it just feminism? Why?

You know I was reading Arthur Schopenaur's Essays and Aphorism's lately and I couldnt believe the things this otherwise very, very learned and wise philosopher dude had to say about women, it was unbelievable, I actually thought he had to be joking but when I read the other chapters and they appeared kosher then I thought again.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    hmm, I know your feminism is evil schtick and this is consistent I suppose, its just the latest, baddest version of a bad thing.

You dont believe that feminism is a diverse and disparite grouping of ideologies but waves of the same ideology?

Do you believe that about conservatism or liberalism or anything else or is it just feminism? Why?
    How is it waves of the same ideology? if feminists won? 1st wave feminists won their "rights", so to say it's the same fight for the same ideology is false. I also don't disagree with 1st wave feminism I think those feminists have strong points and fought for a good cause but I think that the fight has gone too far today as women already have all the same rights if not more privilege than a man today. Also 1st wave feminism was sponsored by the government and people who had a lot of money back in the day, this was because the government couldn't tax half the population. Men were much more chivalrous back then and both sexes respected each other and took care of one another needs, I don't think women were unhappy and oppressed at all.

How is it waves of the same ideology? if feminists won? 1st wave feminists won their "rights", so to say it's the same fight for the same ideology is false. I also don't disagree with 1st wave feminism I think those feminists have strong points and fought for a good cause but I think that the fight has gone too far today as women already have all the same rights if not more privilege than a man today.
    I suppose you have never had the privilege of attending business meetings where the ratio of men to women were 50 to 10, while the owner of the company cracked sexist jokes and the good ol' boys all laughed, hmm? Feminism is necessary even in todays society. It's okay I'll take comfort in knowing that the owner of that particular company ended up being sued for sexual harrassment via. text messages and ended up embroiled in a lawsuit which cost him his partnership

How is it waves of the same ideology? if feminists won? 1st wave feminists won their "rights", so to say it's the same fight for the same ideology is false. I also don't disagree with 1st wave feminism I think those feminists have strong points and fought for a good cause but I think that the fight has gone too far today as women already have all the same rights if not more privilege than a man today. Also 1st wave feminism was sponsored by the government and people who had a lot of money back in the day, this was because the government couldn't tax half the population. Men were much more chivalrous back then and both sexes respected each other and took care of one another needs, I don't think women were unhappy and oppressed at all.
    So you think its the same ideology showing up at different times fighting a new battle? You think this battle was fair at a different time and with different objectives?

Do you think this is restricted to feminism or other ideologies? Do they all come in waves?

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I suppose you have never had the privilege of attending business meetings where the ratio of men to women were 50 to 10, while the owner of the company cracked sexist jokes and the good ol' boys all laughed, hmm? Feminism is necessary even in todays society. It's okay I'll take comfort in knowing that the owner of that particular company ended up being sued for sexual harrassment via. text messages and ended up embroiled in a lawsuit which cost him his partnership
    ^ no shit he got sued we live in a gynocentric society I'm not surprised at all feminism takes away our freedom of speech. It's also definitely not needed if you are getting sued for saying a sexist joke. LOL!

^ no shit he got sued we live in a geocentric society I'm not surprised at all feminism takes away our freedom of speech. It's also definitely not needed if you are getting sued for saying a sexist joke. LOL!
    Apparently you do not know how to read. He was sued for sending sexually explicit text messages to a female employee. I'm sure his overall underlying attitude contributed to his downfall.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Any time there is a lack of choice, that is oppression. The fact that you think women were happy, not oppressed and ignorant (which they were and were kept that way) simply proves how distorted your view is of the past. I won't even bother commenting how how men were much more chivalrous back then.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    There is also the counter problem which remains. I work with a lot of women and it's the culture that men shouldn't crack sexist jokes unless they're going for sarcasm and it's well telegraphed but women are unbound in such things.

Also the number of times I've heard "these boxes are heavy, we need a couple of strapping lads" is beyond my recollection. I'm slowly winning the war but the politics is killing me!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Tempbanned

So you think its the same ideology showing up at different times fighting a new battle? You think this battle was fair at a different time and with different objectives?
    Same core principles new battle, yep. Yes and yes.
    Do you think this is restricted to feminism or other ideologies? Do they all come in waves?
    "The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them".-Mark Twain.