User Tag List

First 2129303132334181131 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Now replace 'feminist' with 'gay' and you get an approximation of what people think about your tirades.

I can police all the stupidity on this forum, so I've stopped trying.

If its a common thing that confuse and conflate different things like that how do you even log on? I bet you think you're making toast right now or programming your tivo or Skybox.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why did the change the name from holocaust to shoah?
    the j00s.

Acting like anti-semitism was incidental to Nazi ideology rather than a central element of it is a pretty bizarre assertion, demonstrating ignorance of history. If it wasn't, then why did Hitler break his alliance with Stalin and start heading East? That's an irrational, ideological decision that was motivated by the fact that there was a large Jewish population in Eastern Europe.

Edit: I apologize if bringing this up is introducing discord and disturbance into the forum. I guess I shouldn't respond to other people's attempts to make this about something else; that's "trolling", I suppose.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You have to understand that it's not one law that's fucking over men after divorce but it's a number of laws. I do think a man should be paying for child support 100% but how is he suppose to do that when the court takes away half his assets and also expects him to pay alimony to the women on top of that? He's basically robbed of all his money. Yes men are catching onto this bullshit and are avoiding marriage all together the marriage rate has reached an all time low in 2015.
    Maybe, but I am not convinced that's the only explanation:
    • Millennials are showing a delay in life's benchmarks across a very wide spectrum, this could just be part of that larger trend and we'll start seen more and more millennials getting married in their 40s. It makes sense that if it takes you longer to be financially independent it will take you longer before your willing to have financial dependent's.
    • We've also seen a decreasing adherence to religious institutions and a decreasing trust in legal institutions among millennials, so it's possible millennials will avoid marriage as an institution but still desire to stay together and raise a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Wow, Lark, you and I agree on something! Successful marriages tend to be the ones not based on adversarial relationships. I've been with my husband for over twenty years now (SHOCK! Imagine that, a feminist in a satisfying long-term marriage- with a MAN! I stayed home with my kids when they were little, too, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, anti-feminists) and I credit that longevity to neither of us undermining the other with assumptions that they'll try to screw us over someday so we better take care of #1.
    I think if the keywords and history didnt prevent you considering my views and opinions you'd find there was a lot of things we agree upon but those things stand in the way of any sort of discussion.

In a few years when the keywords change up again and the same conflicts are occuring with different actors I'll maybe meet you back here and we'll talk.

As to the feminism, a lot of this is bullshit, like I've said already I dont think this is any academic debate, the OP looks like someone who's got a personal axe to grind if they arent just trolling. Although, mind you, they're likely to be approaching relationships like they do discussion posts on this forum so it wouldnt surprise me its win, lose or draw contests as far as the eye can see.

And I'm betting there's as much ignoring going on offline as there is online.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    the j00s.

Acting like anti-semitism was incidental to Nazi ideology rather than a central element of it is a pretty bizarre assertion, demonstrating ignorance of history. If it wasn't, then why did Hitler break his alliance with Stalin and start heading East? That's an irrational, ideological decision that was motivated by the fact that there was a large Jewish population in Eastern Europe.

Edit: I apologize if bringing this up is introducing discord and disturbance into the forum. I guess I shouldn't respond to other people's attempts to make this about something else; that's "trolling", I suppose.
    There'd have to be people reading your posts in the first place.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There'd have to be people reading your posts in the first place.
    Well, there are a few INTPc members stalking me right now.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm pretty sure ALMOST EVERYONE wants this thread taken off topic. Even a Hitler argument looks good at this point.

Anyway, I'm gonna grab some yogurt.
    Do you like yogurt?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes Ivy, Osprey, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    Do you think there should be laws to make it illegal to write publications that deny the holocaust, out of interest?
    Long time no see, Ferrus.

I know you weren't talking to me, but my opinion is that 'free speech' that includes such laws are a contradiction in terms; the entire point is to protect speech that is considered unpopular and toxic by those in power (which includes educated democratic majorities of decent people), without (inevitably) shifting and arbitrary exceptions made based on how much indirect or long-term damage such ideas may cause. That way all ideas have the potential to be constantly tested and improved, successful innovations can get through, and less concretely but even more importantly, individual will and agency is both celebrated and protected against coercion and restriction.

Basically, free speech (and freedom of conscience) has to be prioritized above other goals and freedoms, or it doesn't exist-you can't just safely trade-off a little of it in return for more immediate advancements of other goals.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I like yogurt. And turtles.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I like yogurt. And turtles.
    It has to be that unhealthy fruity yogurt or it sucks......but I agree about turtles, they are an inspiration to us all.