User Tag List

First 1220212223243272122 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Putting aside the blame game taking over this thread, this sparked an interesting questioning line in my mind that I think is worth brainstorming (If you are willing).
    I don't have much time but I'll try my best.

Let's for a moment assume:
    • For whatever reasons, the traditional family structure is collapsing. Forcing people to get married or stay married isn't realistic, and restoring the economical pressures that did so in the past would count as giving up half our work force half our talents and half our collective brains, devastating the economy of any society that would attempt it.
    • The statistical problems with single parent families are true (be it death, divorce, or not getting married). They have less money for education, grow up in poorer areas, have either half the parental models or a lot non stable ones, have half the grandparents and uncles to help raise them, the parents that they do have are under a lot more pressure that can and almost certainly will impact negatively their time and energy, and do not have the advantage of a continues open dialogue about parenting between multiple perspectives.
    Both of these phenomena are very real. They are not assumptions, figments of some lunatic's imagination.

Meaning:
    Two parent families suck (Can not be relied upon to sustain on love).
    One parent families suck (Placing children at a social disadvantage).

What is the alternative? What social model should we devise instead to better raise our children?
    We can eliminate single-parent households from the beginning. I think even the people on here who disagree with my stance on feminism, also agree with me that a child suffers when he/she is only raised alone, or even by one biological parent. Such children are statistically far more likely to become victims of domestic abuse, for example. They will also have less financial support than children in a two-parent household, in most cases.

Therefore, if we are wanting to create a healthy environment for future generations to grow up in, it is critical to remove the unhealthy forces that are driving men and women apart. Feminism contributes to this, so ignoring it will only prolong our problems.

I really feel that something loosely based on the traditional model with a male breadwinner, and female homemaker, is the most stable way that a society can arrange itself. I don't buy the arguments people have made about the workforce suffering as a result of women leaving it, either, at least not in the current economic climate where unemployment is still high and there is intense competition for jobs. Bear in mind here that I am not suggesting that the government force every woman out of her job (a common straw man people here use against me). I simply want to correct the destructive influence of feminism over time, mainly through changes in education, culture, and then ultimately legislation around divorce etc (tactics that I have actually learned from the left).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Says the person who doesn't have the mental capacity to contribute anything useful to the thread.
    Wrong. I see this as a debate not worth putting effort into. I also recognize that debating with you would be as productive as trying to break through a brick wall with a daisy. Not worth my time.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Putting aside the blame game taking over this thread, this sparked an interesting questioning line in my mind that I think is worth brainstorming (If you are willing).

Let's for a moment assume:
    • For whatever reasons, the traditional family structure is collapsing. Forcing people to get married or stay married isn't realistic, and restoring the economical pressures that did so in the past would count as giving up half our work force half our talents and half our collective brains, devastating the economy of any society that would attempt it.
    • The statistical problems with single parent families are true (be it death, divorce, or not getting married). They have less money for education, grow up in poorer areas, have either half the parental models or a lot non stable ones, have half the grandparents and uncles to help raise them, the parents that they do have are under a lot more pressure that can and almost certainly will impact negatively their time and energy, and do not have the advantage of a continues open dialogue about parenting between multiple perspectives.

Meaning:
    Two parent families suck (Can not be relied upon to sustain on love).
    One parent families suck (Placing children at a social disadvantage).

What is the alternative? What social model should we devise instead to better raise our children?
    Ursula Le Guin wrote a novel entitled The Left Hand of Darkness...which postulates a completely different approach...

In the world she invented, everyone was asexual until the moment desire was kindles, at which point one (randomly) became male, the other female ... If the female then became pregnant, they dropped out of work for long enough to care for the young infant ...as a result of this random possibility of interruption to one's working life at any moment, all benefits and privileges were very evenly divided among the populace.

Of course, the actual *story* is about what happens when a permanently male human arrives in this world... It's a thought provoking read about what makes humans human, and what sexuality is about.
    Likes Mane liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Wrong. I see this as a debate not worth putting effort into. I also recognize that debating with you would be as productive as trying to break through a brick wall with a daisy. Not worth my time.
    If you see this debate not worth putting time into then why are you so eager to poke, make fun of and pick sides? like I said you clearly don't have the mental capacity to debate/think for yourself you rely on others to debate and think for you, just a useless puppet.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

If you see this debate not worth putting time into then why are you so eager to poke, make fun of and pick sides?
    I, and everyone else is allowed to point out how they feel. It's pretty self evident based off what others said. Coupled with above, there is 0 pointing in repeating it.

like I said you clearly don't have the mental capacity to debate/think for yourself you rely on others to debate and think for you, just a useless puppet.
    D'aww isn't that cute *pat pat*. You just keep telling that to yourself buddy .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Says the person who doesn't have the mental capacity to contribute anything useful to the thread.
    There's a difference between being unable to contribute, and choosing not to when it's clear that doing so would be a futile gesture. Since Hard is by no means a mental deficient, and you evidently can't see beyond your own anti-feminist agenda, my money's on the latter scenario.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    There's a difference between being unable to contribute, and choosing not to when it's clear that doing so would be a futile gesture. Since Hard is by no means a mental deficient, and you evidently can't see beyond your own anti-feminist agenda, my money's on the latter scenario.
    Not that it matters. He also says that the people who tried the hardest to have a dialogue with him contributed nothing.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I, and everyone else is allowed to point out how they feel. It's pretty self evident based off what others said. Coupled with above, there is 0 pointing in repeating it.

D'aww isn't that cute *pat pat*. You just keep telling that to yourself buddy .
    Nobody here really cares about how you feel if you haven't noticed, but now that you mentioned it I feel like you're just an attention whore looking for other peoples approval.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I guess I'm suppose to just take their word then that this person is really smart simply because they said so, that makes sense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I never said women won't like those jobs and yes they will be incompetent if they don't have the proper training for those jobs. If they are sheltered from the workforce, which is what those sexists are doing by having an all girls day and which is what people like you are doing when you promote this non sense. Many women actually don't want to be put in responsible roles this is because women today have an increased responsibility of taking care of children and working at the same time if they choose the path of raising children. This is one of the reasons why women are unhappy today more than ever because they are force fed jobs that they simply do not want to get into. Did it ever occur to you that some women actually want to stay at home and raise their kids? while others are more ambitious and choose careers in business, and engineering. They should be given a choice not force fed by the education system or feminist ideologies and certainty not listen to people like you.
    Maybe these girls only maths/science career days are there to help girls realise how many pretty flowers can fit into a pot (maths), which herbicides are toxic to the little fairies (science) or how to use chemistry and physics to bake the best little cakes with pink icing on ever. You DO come across with the attitude that women don't want to do these jobs, and that they wouldn't be good at them anyway.

Maybe just accept that not all women fit definition X and not all men fit definition Y, and that people like you are trying to keep both genders ringfenced into those definitions. As if man and woman was a mass produced, uniform product.

You know, I wondered if the woman in your avatar was thinking that, after she's had her tattoo done, what delicious dinner she can cook for her man.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post