User Tag List

First 1018192021223070120 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 1614

  1. #191
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I'm not seeing where the girls were told they "don't have to compete with boys" in math/science fields just because they get one day where they don't have to be spoken over or invalidated by people like you. And it's pretty insulting that you assume that girls are automatically less competent than boys.

  2. #192
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    No, the video describes exactly what you're describing, regardless of whether it's correct or incorrect.
    Maybe because we both share anti feminist views....duh.

  3. #193
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm not seeing where the girls were told they "don't have to compete with boys" in math/science fields just because they get one day where they don't have to be spoken over or invalidated by people like you. And it's pretty insulting that you assume that girls are automatically less competent than boys.
    I never assumed girls were less competent than boys I said girls shouldn't be taught not to compete with boys in those fields, much like how a boy shouldn't be taught how to not compete with girls in their fields of strength(teaching, nursing etc). You are actually assuming right now that those girls are being spoken over and invalided by boys in their classroom which is false you are now being sexist against little boys congrats.

  4. #194
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    "which is false"-- how do you know that? It happens. It has happened to me.

    Nevermind, actually, I just realized I'd rather set myself on fire than continue to argue this. Not worth my time.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, BadOctopus, Hard liked this post

  5. #195
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    and planning to post it when I got to the end
    There is no end. There never will be an end. Sorry.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Ivy, Hard liked this post

  6. #196
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    "which is false"-- how do you know that? It happens. It has happened to me.

    Nevermind, actually, I just realized I'd rather set myself on fire than continue to argue this. Not worth my time.
    Obviously you don't want to argue because you're wrong, the majority of boys don't put down girls when it comes to math and sciences. Even if they did, even if lets say 50% of boys put down girls for pursuing subjects in math and sciences(which is not true) why would a girl not pursue a career because some idiot told her otherwise? If your going to let some asshole put you down and let it affect you maybe your not designed to be in that field to begin with. Feminism teaches girls they are weak it tries to shelter them from reality when in reality they are much stronger than they know. This whole girls only day is actually counter productive it tells girls that boys are to be "feared".

  7. #197
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nevermind, actually, I just realized I'd rather set myself on fire than continue to argue this. Not worth my time.
    I was about to post "You too, Brute", but then I noticed and was temporarily distracted by the fact that somebody accidentally transfered 600 Euros to my bank account; now I see that in the meantime you have come to your senses. Convictions that do not rest on reason cannot be assailed by reason. Kullervo and jixmixfix want to be victims. Nothing we say will change their minds.
    Likes Ivy, chickpea, Hard liked this post

  8. #198
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I was about to post "You too, Brute", but then I noticed and was temporarily distracted by the fact that somebody accidentally transfered 600 Euros to my bank account; now I see that in the meantime you have come to your senses. Convictions that do not rest on reason cannot be assailed by reason. Kullervo and jixmixfix want to be victims. Nothing we say will change their minds.
    As soon as I saw feminism I thought....I know a couple people who are going...

    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, Redbone, BadOctopus liked this post

  9. #199
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This is utter stupidity tell girls that they shouldn't have to compete with boys? so we can have less competent workers in the work force. Even if there was an all boys day for nursing and teaching why should we give the impression that they shouldn't have to compete with girls in those fields? This is the downfall of western society.
    This is all you can deduce? In the workplace, they would have to compete with men AND they may be told they're going to enter male-dominated sectors. Your argument is invalid.

    If you're concerned about there being no-go areas for men, perhaps you should protest by going for a shit in a women's bathroom, shouting "I am man, hear me roar!" as you excrete.

  10. #200
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    This is all you can deduce? In the workplace, they would have to compete with men AND they may be told they're going to enter male-dominated sectors. Your argument is invalid.

    If you're concerned about there being no-go areas for men, perhaps you should protest by going for a shit in a women's bathroom, shouting "I am man, hear me roar!" as you excrete.
    Oh yeah and by time you've spent 40,000 dollars in school in debt or being pampered by scholarships and loans and by having women's only day when you are put in the workforce you are fucked and can't compete in your own market. So your saying it's better to shelter a women and put her in debt than to exposure her to the reality of the workforce before she gets screwed and wastes countless time and money on a career she won't like or is incapable of doing.

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO