Thread: 3rd wave feminism

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    That then begs the question of what you are still doing here.

This thread is about feminism. I will not let it become a medium for you to pontificate.
    I defended MP because I have immense respect for him, and I saw the comments made about him to be far off base, and felt it was worth speaking. Notice, I have not participated directly in the thread content for the reason I pointed out. People on both sides of feminism debates usually tick me off, and I see it as a completely pointless debate the vast majority of the time. That does not mean I can't say something in the thread.

Because it appeared to me that you may have wanted to address the debate itself, I pointed out that I have no interest in doing so.

If I have something to say, I say it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I defended MP because I have immense respect for him, and I saw the comments made about him to be far off base, and felt it was worth speaking. Notice, I have not participated directly in the thread content for the reason I pointed out. People on both sides of feminism debates usually tick me off, and I see it as a completely pointless debate the vast majority of the time. That does not mean I can't say something in the thread.
    I merely highlighted an error of logic on his part. Not only that, I was even kind enough to explain to him exactly what it was, and where he could go to refine his debating techniques.

It is more than a little irksome to see people shed crocodile tears and try to assail me over something so minor. How fragile are your egos?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Because it appeared to me that you may have wanted to address the debate itself, I pointed out that I have no interest in doing so.

If I have something to say, I say it.
    You might enjoy this article: What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?. It highlights the unsporting behaviour many people have shown in this thread.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I merely highlighted an error of logic on his part. Not only that, I was even kind enough to explain to him exactly what it was, and where he could go to refine his debating techniques.

It is more than a little irksome to see people shed crocodile tears over something so minor. How fragile are your egos?!?

You might enjoy this article: What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?. It highlights the unsporting behaviour many people have shown in this thread.
    I didn't see it as correct, or a correct analysis of him as a person. Which, again, is why I said something. I don't care how, or why you said it. If I think something is wrong, I am going to say something about it. In particular if it is about another person. That is something I am very very quick to defend. It has nothing to do with egos.

You think I'm a social justice warrior? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Omg that's the best thing I've heard all night.

To be honest, no one is coming to mind at the moment who would fit that persona. However I could easily see why you would think so, because your views are very very different from the majority here. The great difference could easily lend to seeing people under a different light.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Oh no, they've broken out the SJW 'insult'.

@Hard and @Magic Poriferan, you best stop being so empathetic, decent and conscientious. You wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea!
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes Hard, Red Herring, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Seriously though, it's hard to be a parent, period--man or woman by yourself. People need support from extended family and from communities when raising families. I think we're focused too much on relying on a partner for this support "kids need two parents!" and it's a terrible idea.
    Putting aside the blame game taking over this thread, this sparked an interesting questioning line in my mind that I think is worth brainstorming (If you are willing).

Let's for a moment assume:
    • For whatever reasons, the traditional family structure is collapsing. Forcing people to get married or stay married isn't realistic, and restoring the economical pressures that did so in the past would count as giving up half our work force half our talents and half our collective brains, devastating the economy of any society that would attempt it.
    • The statistical problems with single parent families are true (be it death, divorce, or not getting married). They have less money for education, grow up in poorer areas, have either half the parental models or a lot non stable ones, have half the grandparents and uncles to help raise them, the parents that they do have are under a lot more pressure that can and almost certainly will impact negatively their time and energy, and do not have the advantage of a continues open dialogue about parenting between multiple perspectives.

Meaning:
    Two parent families suck (Can not be relied upon to sustain on love).
    One parent families suck (Placing children at a social disadvantage).

What is the alternative? What social model should we devise instead to better raise our children?
    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by star tripper View Post
    This thread has not disappointed in delivering the stupidity promised by the OP. In fact, it's exceeded expectation.
    Indeed. I know this thread has certainly given me a whole new appreciation for our bepenised overlords.
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    When your idiotic politicians like Obama are telling the public that"women are smarter than men" and get a tremendous apllaud you know your country is in decline.
    you may want to take a look at this...

Girls Make Higher Grades than Boys in All School Subjects, Analysis Finds

“Although gender differences follow essentially stereotypical patterns on achievement tests in which boys typically score higher on math and science, females have the advantage on school grades regardless of the material,” said lead study author Daniel Voyer, PhD, of the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada. “School marks reflect learning in the larger social context of the classroom and require effort and persistence over long periods of time, whereas standardized tests assess basic or specialized academic abilities and aptitudes at one point in time without social influences.”

The researchers examined 369 samples from 308 studies, reflecting grades of 538,710 boys and 595,332 girls. Seventy percent of the samples consisted of students from the United States. Other countries or regions represented by more than one sample included Norway, Canada, Turkey, Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, Israel, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Africa and Finland. Countries represented by one sample included Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Mexico, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Jordan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Slovenia.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    My word, a lot of conservatives are bitter and twisted, aren't they?

Tbh Marxism can go fuck itself, I used to hang around with Marxists (the Trotskyist type) and it really is a strange cult. You're far too judgemental.

Something about women is bothering you in your core.

Tell me about your mother.
    Another typical male shaming tactic this time with a fruedian twist. Its been said thousands of times before.to try to shame a man based on his persinal life than his reason/logic when he objects to feminism or male sexism

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post

“Although gender differences follow essentially stereotypical patterns on achievement tests in which boys typically score higher on math and science, females have the advantage on school grades regardless of the material,” said lead study author Daniel Voyer, PhD, of the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada. “School marks reflect learning in the larger social context of the classroom and require effort and persistence over long periods of time, whereas standardized tests assess basic or specialized academic abilities and aptitudes at one point in time without social influences.”

The researchers examined 369 samples from 308 studies, reflecting grades of 538,710 boys and 595,332 girls. Seventy percent of the samples consisted of students from the United States. Other countries or regions represented by more than one sample included Norway, Canada, Turkey, Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, Israel, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Africa and Finland. Countries represented by one sample included Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Mexico, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Jordan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Slovenia.
    cool story is this suppose to be proof that girls are smarter than boys? Where is the biological evidence that women possess increased brain capacity those are the stats I want to see.

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post

you might wanna check this out, more scientific by PhD professor Robert sapolsky.