User Tag List

First 58108148156157158159160 Last

Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1614

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    I get what you're saying, and I agree with what you've said in your latest post. Two people simply communicating one-on-one create their own little world. The rules become whatever they decide. They can choose to marry or not, have kids or not, argue or not, etc.

But your previous post was about men's groups, at least in part, and made reference to things like "hate speech vitriol" and so on. So I just wanted to clarify. MGTOW is social media, and it follows the rules for social media. Basically, it's a mirror image of feminist and SJW social media. As such, any criticism you might level at MGTOW will probably apply to some degree to feminist and SJW social media as well.

And if you want to talk about MRAs and NOW and the like, that's a separate topic.
    Yeah. You're talking about just online? Social media? It's a toxic microcosm. Like bacteria in a Petri dish. It's why I'm not on it.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yeah. You're talking about just online? Social media? It's a toxic microcosm. Like bacteria in a Petri dish. It's why I'm not on it.
    Still, it reflects the real world in it's rawest form. In the last two lines of your earlier post, you kind of asked where women and men go from here. So I answered: Nowhere. We're already there: Mutual bitching and bashing on social media, and men walking out on marriage. We've arrived at the final destination. This is home sweet home.
    Spent the last year
    Rocky Mountain way
    Couldn't get much higher

Out to pasture
    Think it's safe to say
    Time to open fire
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Still, it reflects the real world in it's rawest form. In the last two lines of your earlier post, you kind of asked where women and men go from here. So I answered: Nowhere. We're already there: Mutual bitching and bashing on social media, and men walking out on marriage. We've arrived at the final destination. This is home sweet home.

it relects the real world in it's rawest form...
    ...is something I don't agree with.

It's a funhouse mirror. Don't let it fool you too much.

Likes Lethe, Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

...is something I don't agree with.

It's a funhouse mirror. Don't let it fool you too much.
    Heh. To some extent, I agree. When Salome was posting here at TypoC a couple years ago, there were women's threads that contained some really toxic shit about men. I would read them and say, "Women really fucking do hate men. I didn't realize it was that bad." But then I would go run errands in town, and most women in town would smile and greet me nicely and maybe want to chat. And I would feel like there was some kind of cognitive dissonance at play.

Still, you gotta play it safe these days. I treat women the same way I treat cops: I'm courteous and respectful, and I try to keep things light and short and move on my way. That is, I realize that both cops and women probably mean me no harm. And I realize that they both have their own burdens in life that are different from mine. But at the same time, I've had my troubles with both. And I'm cognizant that they both could do me a great deal of harm if they wanted, and they have done me harm in the past. So I just kind of want to complete my business with them as quickly as possible and move on.

(By the way, I've seen threads at MGTOW asking how MGTOW men treat women in real life. And they say the same--they're all courteous and respectful. Only one or two will brag that they give women snarky comebacks. All the rest just want to move on with a minimum of mutual grief.)

One has to play it safe these days. Women complain that they always get the shit end of the stick. But frankly they can be kind of scary.
    Spent the last year
    Rocky Mountain way
    Couldn't get much higher

Out to pasture
    Think it's safe to say
    Time to open fire

President of the Galaxy Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

To name specifics at this point would force me down some rabbit hole I don't prefer going in.
    Yeah, be careful you don't go too deep or you might end up taking a red pill like Cassie Jaye did.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Yeah, be careful you don't go too deep or you might end up taking a red pill like Cassie Jaye did.
    I'm pretty happy thinking for myself and not swallowing anyone's pills, TYVM. Now...if you have shrooms that's another matter...

MBTI
    INFP

I'm pretty happy thinking for myself and not swallowing anyone's pills, TYVM. Now...if you have shrooms that's another matter...
    One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall ...
    Spent the last year
    Rocky Mountain way
    Couldn't get much higher

Out to pasture
    Think it's safe to say
    Time to open fire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Heh. To some extent, I agree. When Salome was posting here at TypoC a couple years ago, there were women's threads that contained some really toxic shit about men. I would read them and say, "Women really fucking do hate men. I didn't realize it was that bad." But then I would go run errands in town, and most women in town would smile and greet me nicely and maybe want to chat. And I would feel like there was some kind of cognitive dissonance at play.

Still, you gotta play it safe these days. I treat women the same way I treat cops: I'm courteous and respectful, and I try to keep things light and short and move on my way. That is, I realize that both cops and women probably mean me no harm. And I realize that they both have their own burdens in life that are different from mine. But at the same time, I've had my troubles with both. And I'm cognizant that they both could do me a great deal of harm if they wanted, and they have done me harm in the past. So I just kind of want to complete my business with them as quickly as possible and move on.

(By the way, I've seen threads at MGTOW asking how MGTOW men treat women in real life. And they say the same--they're all courteous and respectful. Only one or two will brag that they give women snarky comebacks. All the rest just want to move on with a minimum of mutual grief.)

One has to play it safe these days. Women complain that they always get the shit end of the stick. But frankly they can be kind of scary.
    I was thinking about this possible cognitive dissonance you mention.

I think when people use social media/forums/etc that they are typing and somewhat behind a safe wall of anonymity, so they often are working out thoughts and feelings and broadcasting them in a way they wouldn't do in "the real world." People start to have strong feelings about other people and groups that aren't always going to be felt as strongly when dealing with "real" individuals.

I think it's possible to be a misandrist/misogynist online but not feel the same dealing with "real" people (largely the reason I just left several MGTOW communities online), especially when sinking into these various online communities and seeing a chorus of others preaching to the choir. Minor insecurities and frustrations echo throughout and are amplified. It's then sometimes difficult to reconcile our attitudes formed via online interactions with those formed in the "real" world. Similar or related to the phenomenon of internet assholes who are very nice people in the real world.

I also wanted to answer @Magic Poriferan's question about Milo, because I think you were trying to bait me maybe?

Here are my thoughts on that shitshow:

Twitter is a private company and can enforce speech policy as they see fit. Milo was being a dick. Even his friend Sargon of Akkad called him out on this. I think his ban was justified.

That said, I can understand why some people are accusing twitter of hypocrisy, given some similar hateful comments that go by unpunished from members on the left.

That said, it's just fucking twitter, a service that has never really been about nuanced discussion and debate. People are going to condense their thoughts into 140 word or less "zingers" so it's silly to complain about a lack of debate or discussion when I don't think that was ever the main point of the service so much as it was a place for celebrities to tweet about the massive shits they just took.

In short, Milo was an ass, twitter may have been acting hypocritically, but it's just a dumb social media service.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I don't think she ever intended to swallow any pills, it kind of just happened. Probably just Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't have any shrooms but I can mail you some brownies.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah. I can relate to that defensive position. It's very understandable. Having been through trauma and shit, I don't think that viewpoint or desire is unhealthy initially. Anger isn't a bad thing. (Omg! ) I guess what you do with it is the bigger question. But if venting on the interwebs gives you some peace or catharsis. Cool.

Listen, I may not be a fan of the MGTOW for long term coping strategy.

Btw, and I told my mom the same thing when she would talk very bitterly about the future or getting involved with men because they're all have the same propensities, etc. Growing up, I saw her bitterness towards what happened to her as natural. There was no blame there, you follow?

Yet, I also saw her own failings, where she needed to grow and closing down was...Hmm, how to say it? Analogy time:

You got a short in an electrical circuit causing sparks...you pull the fuse rather than find the source of the problem and do work. Pulling the fuse works. It stops further damage from occuring. It can also give you time to diagnosis or find the short, right? So that's valuable. But yeah, I mean finding and fixing that short will return the current to the system, you know?

So...

As far as a long term coping strategy, I don't think it's particularly healthy for those reasons. One isn't doing a lot of hard work. That's my personal opinion on it.

People make their own choices and live their own lives and if it doesn't affect me personally/negatively? I mean, I can still have an opinion on something without caring about it. Lol.