User Tag List

First 4898138146147148149150158 Last

Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1614

  1. #1471
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The same sorts of arguments were used to exclude blacks from many occupations and positions, such as being military pilots. The Tuskeegee Airmen fought a tremendously uphill battle, just to be allowed to join the real battle against the real enemy, to great effect in the end.* Black slaves were viewed as happy to have white folks take charge and tell them what to do, since whites were smarter, of course. So much for your "women aren't interested . . . ". When you are raised your entire life being told that people in group A do X and people in group B do Y, you tend to follow those prescriptions unless you are unusually independent, or (as you point out) hardships force you to push beyond these limits. Then you see how artificial they really are.
    No one is telling women to do X I don't know one person today who is telling their daughter to be a housewife are you fucking shitting me? it's completely the opposite, women are today are being pushed into careers they don't want to be in though incentives and societal pressures and are being shamed into being housewife's or anything that involves traditional female roles/jobs. You talk as if you are living still in the 1930's when in fact the western world today has been shifting away from traditionalism completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Women historically have been limited to "the safe route", which has coincided with "the less challenging, rewarding, fulfilling, instructive, and lucrative route" more often than not. Stop trying to baby women. We need more functioning adults, not adult-sized juveniles. And those "harsh times" are what the majority of the population has known for the majority of human existence. The modern housewife who can spend her day in relative leisure, taking her kids to playdates and soccer games and volunteering with the PTO, is a very recent development outside the most privileged classes.
    Women have historically limited themselves to "the safe route" as it is shown in their DNA through sexual dimorphism that they are physically inferior to men in a lot of ways and to a certain extent intellectually inferior when it comes to motor skills and logical reasoning. I'm not trying to baby women, you feminists are the ones who are constantly portraying women as victims, whether it be historical oppression, false workplace sexism, false wage gaps, etc. it's propaganda at it's finest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    A couple of centuries ago, few women would have acknowledged a desire to take on traditionally male roles. Culture and social pressures change very slowly. The jobs going empty today are often in STEM fields, which align well with traditional male expectations. Industry is realising that women candidates have to be encouraged as well to get the needed numbers and talent. If men are going around angry and disenfranchised, it is only because they are too lazy and unmotivated to get the training and skills needed to fill these jobs.
    Again you keep relying on the idea that society and culture are the reasons why women are not going into stem fields when nothing can be farther from the truth. Again it simply isn't their strength of field as I've showed you scientific evidence in my previous about the differences in the male and female brain and how they function differently, which would explain why women choose a different path of careers. Of course the industry is realizing that female candidates have to be encouraged because it is not naturally their biological strength and women are the ones who are unmotivated to get into these types of fields as they are quite demanding. Of course in your point of view men are the lazy ones here but women however are the victims, even when society is encouraging them otherwise by handing out scholarships and funding for them to get into stem. I can't believe how indoctrinated you are into believing this socialization garbage, like all our desires, motivations, and personality is all a result of a social construct, complete bullshit.

  2. #1472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Interestingly, if you listen to the rest of Whoopi Goldberg's statements, she's putting more blame on the female instigator than the rest of the women are.



    And then there's this little commentary.


  3. #1473
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No one is telling women to do X I don't know one person today who is telling their daughter to be a housewife are you fucking shitting me? it's completely the opposite, women are today are being pushed into careers they don't want to be in though incentives and societal pressures and are being shamed into being housewife's or anything that involves traditional female roles/jobs. You talk as if you are living still in the 1930's when in fact the western world today has been shifting away from traditionalism completely.
    Yes, it is shifting, but in some places, quite slowly. Sadly I know quite a few families who are raising their daughters to be housewives. They are mostly homeschooling Christians who place serious limits on what their kids of both genders can read, watch, and do. Think the Duggars, but not as extreme. Beyond that, though, society is still full of families and others who may talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Encouraging girls to, say, consider engineering or military service as a career is readily undercut when they don't know or see many/any women in these roles, and most of the women in their family and neighborhood are in traditionally female occupations. This is part of why force is not the answer, but rather steady change with time as more and more women do enter these fields, and men the historically female counterparts.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Women have historically limited themselves to "the safe route" as it is shown in their DNA through sexual dimorphism that they are physically inferior to men in a lot of ways and to a certain extent intellectually inferior when it comes to motor skills and logical reasoning. I'm not trying to baby women, you feminists are the ones who are constantly portraying women as victims, whether it be historical oppression, false workplace sexism, false wage gaps, etc. it's propaganda at it's finest.
    So is it your contention that, thoughout the course of human history, women have had the same opportunities, rights, and respect as men?

    If biology were destiny, couples would form by males battling physically for the most desirable females. If statistics were individuals, we would limit journalists, interpreters, and psychiatrists to women because everyone knows women have better linguistic, communication, and empathic skills. Fortunately for both men and women, our human nature allows us to transcend both of these base tendencies. Allows, but doesn't force it. Hence the need for tthat shift to continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Again you keep relying on the idea that society and culture are the reasons why women are not going into stem fields when nothing can be farther from the truth. Again it simply isn't their strength of field as I've showed you scientific evidence in my previous about the differences in the male and female brain and how they function differently, which would explain why women choose a different path of careers. Of course the industry is realizing that female candidates have to be encouraged because it is not naturally their biological strength and women are the ones who are unmotivated to get into these types of fields as they are quite demanding. Of course in your point of view men are the lazy ones here but women however are the victims, even when society is encouraging them otherwise by handing out scholarships and funding for them to get into stem. I can't believe how indoctrinated you are into believing this socialization garbage, like all our desires, motivations, and personality is all a result of a social construct, complete bullshit.
    Our behavior is heavily influenced by these social constructs, to the point where we often don't know or won't acknowledge our true desires, motivations, and personality. Your so-called "scientific evidence" may include repeatable observations, but in no way justifies the conclusions you are trying to make. If this is the kind of science men come up with, we can't get more women into the field too soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Interestingly, if you listen to the rest of Whoopi Goldberg's statements, she's putting more blame on the female instigator than the rest of the women are.
    Equality at its best. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Really.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Crabs liked this post

  4. #1474
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It wouldn't happen. LOL
    Let's find out. I love statistics.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  5. #1475
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    @Coriolis I greatly admire your patience.
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Likes Hard, Ivy, Luke O, Ingrid in grids, Redbone liked this post

  6. #1476
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, it is shifting, but in some places, quite slowly. Sadly I know quite a few families who are raising their daughters to be housewives. They are mostly homeschooling Christians who place serious limits on what their kids of both genders can read, watch, and do. Think the Duggars, but not as extreme. Beyond that, though, society is still full of families and others who may talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Encouraging girls to, say, consider engineering or military service as a career is readily undercut when they don't know or see many/any women in these roles, and most of the women in their family and neighborhood are in traditionally female occupations. This is part of why force is not the answer, but rather steady change with time as more and more women do enter these fields, and men the historically female counterparts.
    Just because there are a small minority of christian families that are raising their daughters to be housewives doesn't imply that this is the case for the vast majority of families and institutions who are encouraging and giving scholarships to women to go to school and particularly find a career in stem. Our sexist gynocentric laws is giving females special privileges over men yet you feminists still complain and fail to see the limitations of what females want/can do. Women graduate at 60% to 40% men in university and collages and yet there is still a lack of women in stem fields. The college system is systematically set up to put more women in university and yet the majority choose to become indoctrinated in gender studies programs to complain that they are 60 thousands dollars in debt, and can't find a job instead of holding a degree in a study that will actually find them a job. Not only is a detriment to the individual but to society as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So is it your contention that, thoughout the course of human history, women have had the same opportunities, rights, and respect as men?

    If biology were destiny, couples would form by males battling physically for the most desirable females. If statistics were individuals, we would limit journalists, interpreters, and psychiatrists to women because everyone knows women have better linguistic, communication, and empathic skills. Fortunately for both men and women, our human nature allows us to transcend both of these base tendencies. Allows, but doesn't force it. Hence the need for tthat shift to continue.
    Throughout history women were much more respected and valued than men, if you look at the majority of societies it was always the men who had the responsibility of providing for the family including the women and her children. It was always the men who were encouraged and sacrificed their lives to defend their country. With rights comes responsibility, you can't just obtain certain rights without having any responsibility however this notion of responsibility and rights towards women soon faded as women were given the right to vote without having to serve the draft unlike men.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Our behavior is heavily influenced by these social constructs, to the point where we often don't know or won't acknowledge our true desires, motivations, and personality. Your so-called "scientific evidence" may include repeatable observations, but in no way justifies the conclusions you are trying to make. If this is the kind of science men come up with, we can't get more women into the field too soon.


    Equality at its best. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Really.
    Please provide me scientific evidence of our behavior being heavily influenced by social constructs as if it's the only thing that shapes us a human being. We know for a fact that the human species is sexually dymorphic which further explains why traditional gender roles aren't actually a product of socialization but rather a product of evolution and the survival of the species. A species cannot survive without the women in the group being protected from dangers and external threats thus they must be provided and protected in the best possible way by the males. Chivalry in males in long ingrained in their DNA, it has only been in the last 50 or years of feminist and gynocentric laws that have changed this basic dynamic between men and women.

  7. #1477
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Let's find out. I love statistics.
    You don't need statistics for this, just look at the video I posted about gender equality and you find some scientific evidence of women being overpowered by males.

  8. #1478
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Interestingly, if you listen to the rest of Whoopi Goldberg's statements, she's putting more blame on the female instigator than the rest of the women are.



    And then there's this little commentary.

    If you are an instigator of physical violence than you deserve what's coming to you, sounds about right to me.

  9. #1479
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You don't need statistics for this, just look at the video I posted about gender equality and you find some scientific evidence of women being overpowered by males.
    Yes I do.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  10. #1480
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Yes I do.
    Do you seriously not believe that any man's sports team could not whipe the floor with the female equivalent? You need statistics for this?

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts