User Tag List

First 3686126134135136137138146 Last

Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1614

  1. #1351
    typology curator Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Boo-Hoo! Whining Feminists Admit Defeat

    Likes SpankyMcFly, jixmixfix liked this post

  2. #1352
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I don't understand the anger a lot of men have about those statements. If it's ineffectual then it's not very harmful. My personal belief is it is not the best way of putting that message across.
    How should I explain this... Ok:

    Don't take a dump on the neighbors lawn. If you feel the sudden urge to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, please, take control of yourself and hold that urge at bay. I am not in any way saying you are the kind of person who would take a dump on the neighbors lawn, but we still need to teach people like you not to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, you know, just in case... So don't do it! Taking a dump on the neighbors lawn is bad, m'kay? Oh, I am not saying you would, just that it's important that lawn-dump victims won't blame themselves. So show me you understand and repeat after me, "We do not take a dumps on our neighbors lawns". Do you understand now that taking a dump on the neibhours lawn is bad? Le'ts look at the statistics... Oh, there's still people with dumps taken on their lawn! Well, we will just have to do it again. What did we say about taking a dump on the neighbors lawn?!

    Oh and btw, just because I felt the need to explain that to you because of your gender, doesn't mean I have any animosity towards it as a whole, no gender specific hate here.... Now if you don't mind, I am going to go and explain to black people why they shouldn't be gangsters.

  3. #1353
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    How should I explain this... Ok:

    Don't take a dump on the neighbors lawn. If you feel the sudden urge to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, please, take control of yourself and hold that urge at bay. I am not in any way saying you are the kind of person who would take a dump on the neighbors lawn, but we still need to teach people like you not to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, you know, just in case... So don't do it! Taking a dump on the neighbors lawn is bad, m'kay? Oh, I am not saying you would, just that it's important that lawn-dump victims won't blame themselves. So show me you understand and repeat after me, "We do not take a dumps on our neighbors lawns". Do you understand now that taking a dump on the neibhours lawn is bad? Le'ts look at the statistics... Oh, there's still people with dumps taken on their lawn! Well, we will just have to do it again. What did we say about taking a dump on the neighbors lawn?!

    Oh and btw, just because I felt the need to explain that to you because of your gender, doesn't mean I have any animosity towards it as a whole, no gender specific hate here.... Now if you don't mind, I am going to go and explain to black people why they shouldn't be gangsters.
    To use your example: If I was the recipient of that explanation I would just be "Ok. Whatever" because I don't take dumps on people's lawns. It doesn't affect me. If you tell me not to murder someone I would say. Ok. I don't. So that message wasn't meant for me.

    So why would I have outrage over it? That's what I was saying.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #1354
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    To use your example: If I was the recipient of that explanation I would just be "Ok. Whatever" because I don't take dumps on people's lawns. It doesn't affect me. If you tell me not to murder someone I would say. Ok. I don't. So that message wasn't meant for me.

    So why would I have outrage over it? That's what I was saying.
    Ok, I can explain more thoroughly if needed, but before that I am just going to go ahead and ask:
    Are you trying to make the point that there's no reason to understand in the first place, or are you genuinely not understanding the reason?

  5. #1355
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Ok, I can explain more thoroughly if needed, but before that I am just going to go ahead and ask:
    Are you trying to make the point that there's no reason to understand in the first place, or are you genuinely not understanding the reason?
    Mane, I don't get what's up with you. You act like someone who has some kind of Vendetta. Chillax bro and take in the sunshine.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  6. #1356
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Feminism is big money and institutional. From writers, speakers, academia (gender studies), policy 'wonks' who advise politicians etc. etc. With such a personal financial investment is it any wonder why they continue to try and stay relevant (besides the utopian, never gonna happen goals) I mean they have rent/mortgage to pay just like everyone else. A never ending 'war' (waves at NOW and their laughable "War on Women" rhetoric) necessarily requires a never ending reason/enemy to exist.

    Therein is the true measure of how 'it' is doing.

    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Xann liked this post

  7. #1357
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    How should I explain this... Ok:

    Don't take a dump on the neighbors lawn. If you feel the sudden urge to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, please, take control of yourself and hold that urge at bay. I am not in any way saying you are the kind of person who would take a dump on the neighbors lawn, but we still need to teach people like you not to take a dump on the neighbors lawn, you know, just in case... So don't do it! Taking a dump on the neighbors lawn is bad, m'kay? Oh, I am not saying you would, just that it's important that lawn-dump victims won't blame themselves. So show me you understand and repeat after me, "We do not take a dumps on our neighbors lawns". Do you understand now that taking a dump on the neibhours lawn is bad? Le'ts look at the statistics... Oh, there's still people with dumps taken on their lawn! Well, we will just have to do it again. What did we say about taking a dump on the neighbors lawn?!

    Oh and btw, just because I felt the need to explain that to you because of your gender, doesn't mean I have any animosity towards it as a whole, no gender specific hate here....n c Now if you don't mind, I am going to go and explain to black people why they shouldn't be gangsters.
    I would like a dollar for every piece of advice, exhortation, guideline, rule, gentle request, or public education campaign aimed at least in part at me, but that didn't apply to me. I could take my SO on a very nice vacation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  8. #1358
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Dear Feminist, if you are true fighters for equality for women, go to countries that treat women like property and cattle and preach try to make a difference. Because there are countries that treat women like a man's property and I don't see you active in these areas.

    No I don't mean nothern American nations and Europe.

    And if you do, then people would start respecting you and it might work than demanding respect.

    Perhaps the men in your countries can out muscle these misogynistic nations so that you can liberate them there too?
    .
    Likes Xann liked this post

  9. #1359
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Dear Feminist, if you are true fighters for equality for women, go to countries that treat women like property and cattle and preach try to make a difference. Because there are countries that treat women like a man's property and I don't see you active in these areas.

    No I don't mean nothern American nations and Europe.

    And if you do, then people would start respecting you and it might work than demanding respect.

    Perhaps the men in your countries can out muscle these misogynistic nations so that you can liberate them there too?
    I think we tried that in 2003. Didn't work out that well.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  10. #1360
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think we tried that in 2003. Didn't work out that well.
    What happened? You mean the US invasion of one of those two countries? That doesn't count because...

    - First of all Afghanistan is a shit country, Iraq was actually doing better in treating their women than most Arab nations -

    Americans didn't go there to instill democracy, good governance and women't rights in those nations. American government had many ulterior motives and oil was only one of them.

    They don't give a shit who rules those countries. Infact America wouldn't even mind if ISIS takes over the country as long as the American government is allowed to carry out their agendas and god knows how many they have and what their real intentions are. Like I said, oil is only one of them.

    .

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts