User Tag List

First 3585125133134135136137145 Last

Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1614

  1. #1341
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Your choice. But if you are going to continue on in willful ignorance of my actual position on something, do not presume to criticise it.
    Your position on things are mostly hypocritical and blind sided no need to beat a dead horse

  2. #1342
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    The makers and viewers of these videos think rape is fun, something to joke about. This is just one small bit of evidence, I can find MUCH more online. I'm not foolish enough to compile it all just for one guy, though.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gta+rape

    And to note, I have seen numerous news articles about female teachers being punished (such as in going to prison) for underage sex. Try searching Google or something. Do your own research, kiddo.
    So you just cited fucking video games??? are you serious? do you really think that because someone is making a joke about rape in a video game that they are going to do it real life? you know people kill other people in video games all the time that doesn't make them murderers and yes murder is worse than rape. *shock*

  3. #1343
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So you just cited fucking video games??? are you serious? do you really think that because someone is making a joke about rape in a video game that they are going to do it real life? you know people kill other people in video games all the time that doesn't make them murderers and yes murder is worse than rape. *shock*
    This is why I haven't dumped more evidence on you. It is a lot harder to get away with murder than it is rape, generally the Police don't give up on murders, laugh them off, or blame the victim - murder and rape are both serious, yes, but they are not comparable. And at least I didn't put up an Anita Sarkeesian video.

    Games allow us to go into fantasy, yes, and with the killing it generally refers to 'bad guys', as if a sense of justice is being doled out, or some type of hostile monster. Innocent NPCs get killed in games too, but in much fewer numbers. In multiplayer games, players mutually agree to kill each other over and over. I've wiped out hordes of assholes in my time, I should know.

    When you put rape in games, tell me how many bad guys and monsters get raped, compared to innocent victims?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Your position on things are mostly hypocritical and blind sided no need to beat a dead horse
    She's put across much better arguments than I've ever seen from you.

  4. #1344
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    This is why I haven't dumped more evidence on you. It is a lot harder to get away with murder than it is rape, generally the Police don't give up on murders, laugh them off, or blame the victim - murder and rape are both serious, yes, but they are not comparable. And at least I didn't put up an Anita Sarkeesian video.

    Games allow us to go into fantasy, yes, and with the killing it generally refers to 'bad guys', as if a sense of justice is being doled out, or some type of hostile monster. Innocent NPCs get killed in games too, but in much fewer numbers. In multiplayer games, players mutually agree to kill each other over and over. I've wiped out hordes of assholes in my time, I should know.

    When you put rape in games, tell me how many bad guys and monsters get raped, compared to innocent victims?

    - - - Updated - - -



    She's put across much better arguments than I've ever seen from you.
    You haven't dumped more evidence because you don't have any besides showing me videos of people playing games. Where did you get your ideas here from that scam artist Anita Sarkesien? how sad.No one in today's society condones rape and] killing in video games does not just condone the bad guys yet no one bats an eye when there isn't a female involed.The funny thing is reprted rape statistics have fallen quite dramatically over recent years yet we are seing more feminists complain about it more than ever, how ironic.

  5. #1345
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You haven't dumped more evidence because you don't have any besides showing me videos of people playing games. Where did you get your ideas here from that scam artist Anita Sarkesien? how sad.No one in today's society condones rape and] killing in video games does not just condone the bad guys yet no one bats an eye when there isn't a female involed. That being said the fact that you cited rape in games just shows how little evidence you really have .The funny thing is reprted rape statistics have fallen quite dramatically over recent years yet we are seing more feminists complain about it more than ever, how ironic.
    I only namedropped her because I knew it would wind you up. I'm pressing your buttons

    Anyway, ever the quandary, I provide too little evidence, they say it's not enough, I provide too much evidence, I've wasted time I could have spent more wisely.

    Talking of evidence, you said rape statistics have fallen and you also said more feminists are complaining about rape. Are you suggesting a causal link suggesting feminism has helped to lower rape cases? Do me a graph, please.

  6. #1346
    Pubic Enemy #1 Crabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    which wave of feminism is this? cuz that's the one i'm not.

    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

  7. #1347
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No everything makes sense I wasn't saying that its the women who is to blame for the rape I'm saying that there are messed up people everywhere and you are doing a disservice to yourself by not taking precautions. Feminists think they can get away with a free pass by teaching men not to rape. This is like me saying let's teach murderers not murder and thieves not to steal both know they are doing wrong by their actions but they do it anyway.
    I get your point, it's valid. I don't think telling sadists not to engage in that behavior is going to do much. I think, however, that it is putting the blame solely where it should be. It separates the difference between blame and responsibility.

    It's a reminder more for women than men, I would say. In that regard, I don't understand the anger a lot of men have about those statements. If it's ineffectual then it's not very harmful. My personal belief is it is not the best way of putting that message across.

    If you say its harmful because it puts women in a position where they worry less about self-preservation I say, unequivocally, that statement is bullshit.

    I don't know ANY woman who doesn't think about her personal safety and does their best to take initiatives for it.

    Saying that, stranger rape is not the majority of rape cases and if someone really wants to get to you, they will. I do think it's neccessary to educate and have open dialogues with women (especially younger women and men) concerning knowing their own minds and the reasons they may be engaging in sexual relations that they may not desire in the aftermath. If there is ambivalence for either sex, it would be smart to stop from going forward. Introspection is a powerful thing.


    Most rapes and molestations (men and women) happen among trusted friends, acquaintances or family. I think this will benefit women a lot more than the traditional "defense" education and also include men in this as well.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes spirilis liked this post

  8. #1348
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I get your point, it's valid. I don't think telling sadists not to engage in that behavior is going to do much. I think, however, that it is putting the blame solely where it should be. It separates the difference between blame and responsibility.
    It's a reminder more for women than men, I would say. In that regard, I don't understand the anger a lot of men have about those statements. If it's ineffectual then it's not very harmful. My personal belief is it is not the best way of putting that message across.
    Saying "let's teach men not to rape" is actually stereotyping all men as rapists it also enforces the idea that that men have an instinctual desire to rape. Imagine being someone having this stereotype being placed upon you constantly because you are born with a penis.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    If you say its harmful because it puts women in a position where they worry less about self-preservation I say, unequivocally, that statement is bullshit.
    I don't know ANY woman who doesn't think about her personal safety and does their best to take initiatives for it.
    I think the slogan does enforce the idea that women should not take responsibility for themselves, by thinking that men are simply ignorant inherent rapists with no self control that need to be taught otherwise. In reality real rapists are the type of people who don't really care about the morality of rape or whether it's right or wrong. However I do think a good majority of women are rational enough to know that they should take precautions regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Saying that, stranger rape is not the majority of rape cases and if someone really wants to get to you, they will. I do think it's neccessary to educate and have open dialogues with women (especially younger women and men) concerning knowing their own minds and the reasons they may be engaging in sexual relations that they may not desire in the aftermath. If there is ambivalence for either sex, it would be smart to stop from going forward. Introspection is a powerful thing.


    Most rapes and molestations (men and women) happen among trusted friends, acquaintances or family. I think this will benefit women a lot more than the traditional "defense" education and also include men in this as well.
    I agree men and women should be educated at a young age however I disagree again that it will actually be more beneficial than learning how to defend yourself, simply because we know that a group minority of men and women in this world are prone to rapist behavior and cannot be taught not to rape. These types of people usually lack empathy and have a tendency for psychopathic behavior, if I were to pick between one or the other I would pick the later.

  9. #1349
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    which wave of feminism is this? cuz that's the one i'm not.

    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #1350
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO