User Tag List

Page 134 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1614

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

  1. #1331
    The Senate Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I don't hear many people saying "son of a bitch" any more either...
    I think it's been replaced by "grandson of a bitch."
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

  2. #1332
    Super Ape Array Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Victim blaming, you mean rational thinking? do you really think a women who was raped at the time was blamed for the attack? do you really not think out of sheer logic that someone who is scandalously dressed walking home at night should be more cautious and aware of their actions? let me guess you believe in the "teach men not to rape" slogans feminists shout about. It's too bad rapists already know that rape is wrong much like murderers know that murder is wrong there is going to be messed up people in this world regardless and that is why these questions are asked. No is one is blaming the victim but it's stupid to think that you shouldn't be taking certain precautions and responsibilities towards yourself.
    1) Victim blaming usually involves bias, so no.
    2) It happens a lot.
    3) As aware as they can be. I don't know of any woman going home late at night NOT finding it a terrifying prospect, even with alcohol. It isn't safe going in a taxi either.
    4) Well, men shouldn't rape. Besides teaching men not to rape goes against a pervasive part of global culture telling men TO rape.
    5) ALL rapists? I am interested in seeing your evidence.
    6) Precautions and responsibilities? I'm hoping you're not suggesting Open Carry.

  3. #1333
    Analytical Dreamer Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    How do you think we can correct this?
    I don't know with any certainty. I think there have been some changes in law, for instance so rape laws cover marital rape (as well as rape of men). Most of it is probably just education and training: making sure police understand what the law really means, and giving them specific procedures for how to respond to domestic or sexual assault reports. I think it also helps to have more women police officers. I suspect many police departments have made a conscious effort to address this, and their efforts may be documented in terms of what works best.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Victim blaming, you mean rational thinking? do you really think a women who was raped at the time was blamed for the attack? do you really not think out of sheer logic that someone who is scandalously dressed walking home at night should be more cautious and aware of their actions? let me guess you believe in the "teach men not to rape" slogans feminists shout about. It's too bad rapists already know that rape is wrong much like murderers know that murder is wrong there is going to be messed up people in this world regardless and that is why these questions are asked. No is one is blaming the victim but it's stupid to think that you shouldn't be taking certain precautions and responsibilities towards yourself.
    Rather than guess what I believe, read my comments on threads like Everyday Sexism Project, especially starting with this post.

    You are barking up the wrong tree here. I have taken considerable heat on this and similar threads for advocating exactly that: women taking reasonable precautions to reduce their risk of sexual assault, just as one would do to avoid being a victim of other crime. (For the record, wardrobe is not one of these factors, and yes, victims do get blamed.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #1334
    Tempbanned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    1) Victim blaming usually involves bias, so no.
    2) It happens a lot.
    3) As aware as they can be. I don't know of any woman going home late at night NOT finding it a terrifying prospect, even with alcohol. It isn't safe going in a taxi either.
    4) Well, men shouldn't rape. Besides teaching men not to rape goes against a pervasive part of global culture telling men TO rape.
    5) ALL rapists? I am interested in seeing your evidence.
    6) Precautions and responsibilities? I'm hoping you're not suggesting Open Carry.
    No one in their right mind are telling men to rape citation needed please. Anyone with an IQ level above 40 knows that rape is wrong even little kids know not to harm other females in the school yard. If you are going to mention rape apology mention the fact that many female teachers nowadays are sleeping with underage school boys and are hardly getting punished for it.

  5. #1335
    Tempbanned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post


    Rather than guess what I believe, read my comments on threads like Everyday Sexism Project, especially starting with this post.

    You are barking up the wrong tree here. I have taken considerable heat on this and similar threads for advocating exactly that: women taking reasonable precautions to reduce their risk of sexual assault, just as one would do to avoid being a victim of other crime. (For the record, wardrobe is not one of these factors, and yes, victims do get blamed.)
    I would rather not read your feminist propaganda threads I have better shit to do with my time.

  6. #1336
    Analytical Dreamer Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I would rather not read your feminist propaganda threads I have better shit to do with my time.
    Your choice. But if you are going to continue on in willful ignorance of my actual position on something, do not presume to criticise it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Luke O liked this post

  7. #1337
    Super Ape Array Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No one in their right mind are telling men to rape citation needed please. Anyone with an IQ level above 40 knows that rape is wrong even little kids know not to harm other females in the school yard. If you are going to mention rape apology mention the fact that many female teachers nowadays are sleeping with underage school boys and are hardly getting punished for it.
    The makers and viewers of these videos think rape is fun, something to joke about. This is just one small bit of evidence, I can find MUCH more online. I'm not foolish enough to compile it all just for one guy, though.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gta+rape

    And to note, I have seen numerous news articles about female teachers being punished (such as in going to prison) for underage sex. Try searching Google or something. Do your own research, kiddo.

  8. #1338
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Victim blaming, you mean rational thinking? do you really think a women who was raped at the time was blamed for the attack? do you really not think out of sheer logic that someone who is scandalously dressed walking home at night should be more cautious and aware of their actions? let me guess you believe in the "teach men not to rape" slogans feminists shout about. It's too bad rapists already know that rape is wrong much like murderers know that murder is wrong there is going to be messed up people in this world regardless and that is why these questions are asked. No is one is blaming the victim but

    (it's stupid to think that you shouldn't be taking certain precautions and responsibilities towards yourself.)
    The part in parenthesis is the only part of this that makes sense.


    What if you're at a bar and pay your tab with cash. You take it out of your pocket and some guy in the corner sees a $50 in your wallet. He follows you outside and robs you.

    If the person who got mugged was on the stand and getting cross-examined would the attorney's line of questioning be "if you didn't want to get robbed why were you carrying so much cash?"

    If you were on the jury would you bristle at that question?

    Now it's a rape victim who got followed out of a bar walking to her car.

    "If you didn't want to get raped why were you dressed that way?"

    It's sad but that last sentence automatically makes you think differently about the attack but it's no different, really.

    We do our best to be safe but predators prey on a weakness. I do agree that men and women have to be smart about their safety but I would like I see you state that with more eloquence.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Ivy liked this post

  9. #1339
    Analytical Dreamer Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    We do our best to be safe but predators prey on a weakness. I do agree that men and women have to be smart about their safety but I would like I see you state that with more eloquence.
    At the risk of repeating material from the other thread, the error here is to equate moral culpability with simple cause-and-effect connections. In either case - rape, or robbery for money - the blame, criminal and moral, rests entirely with the culprit. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't take reasonable precautions to reduce our risk. It doesn't help that many people engaging in these discussions seem to have a poor comprehension of risk or the idea of what makes one an easy target.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  10. #1340
    Tempbanned Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The part in parenthesis is the only part of this that makes sense.


    What if you're at a bar and pay your tab with cash. You take it out of your pocket and some guy in the corner sees a $50 in your wallet. He follows you outside and robs you.

    If the person who got mugged was on the stand and getting cross-examined would the attorney's line of questioning be "if you didn't want to get robbed why were you carrying so much cash?"

    If you were on the jury would you bristle at that question?

    Now it's a rape victim who got followed out of a bar walking to her car.

    "If you didn't want to get raped why were you dressed that way?"

    It's sad but that last sentence automatically makes you think differently about the attack but it's no different, really.

    We do our best to be safe but predators prey on a weakness. I do agree that men and women have to be smart about their safety but I would like I see you state that with more eloquence.
    No everything makes sense I wasn't saying that its the women who is to blame for the rape I'm saying that there are messed up people everywhere and you are doing a disservice to yourself by not taking precautions. Feminists think they can get away with a free pass by teaching men not to rape. This is like me saying let's teach murderers not murder and thieves not to steal both know they are doing wrong by their actions but they do it anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •