User Tag List

First 3383123131132133134135143 Last

Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1614

  1. #1321
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Because....biology!

    Doubt about a child's parentage is skewed across the male/female divide. There is no Maury show called, "YOU ARE THE MOTHER!"

    Thus, fatherfucker as an effective insult, must first prove that the child does have an identified biological father and that the individual identified, is indeed, their biological father. Too much work!

    Go with the given. Motherfucker!
    Likes Luke O liked this post

  2. #1322
    ציפור Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Because....biology!

    Doubt about a child's parentage is skewed across the male/female divide. There is no Maury show called, "YOU ARE THE MOTHER!"

    Thus, fatherfucker as an effective insult, must first prove that the child does have an identified biological father and that the individual identified, is indeed, their biological father. Too much work!

    Go with the given. Motherfucker!
    It's funny how insults change. It used to be that calling someone a bastard was seen as a very bad thing to call someone. I think if someone called me a bastard now, I'd laugh at them. I certainly wouldn't shoot an arrow at them.

    By the way, I know for a fact that my maternal grandmother was a bastard. I see no reason to be ashamed of that fact.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #1323
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    It's funny how insults change. It used to be that calling someone a bastard was seen as a very bad thing to call someone. I think if someone called me a bastard now, I'd laugh at them. I certainly wouldn't shoot an arrow at them.

    By the way, I know for a fact that my maternal grandmother was a bastard. I see no reason to be ashamed of that fact.
    I don't hear many people saying "son of a bitch" any more either...

  4. #1324
    Pubic Enemy #1 Crabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    exposure therapy is the best remedy for the pathologically pc.

    Likes Cellmold liked this post

  5. #1325
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Women are people. Can we stop thinking of them as inherently different in their desires as men? Women want what every human wants.

    An opportunity to prove their abilities and exercise their personal freedoms to live and be happy.

    Men can surely relate to this.

    Are their biological and physical differences? Yes. Does that pose a threat to men and their happiness and abilities? It shouldn't. Nor should men pose a threat to women.

    If you want equality stop asking for it and assume it as a given. Women in America are at a point where we can do this. There is power in confidence. Time to own it.

    Feminism is needed still but let's pick our battles.

    Men if you feel you have been treated unfairly by the system that "favors" women remember that while injustice is never right, it may not be because of any grand conspiracy against your gender.

    It's easy for any psychopath or narcisist to tweak the system to their benefit because they don't play by the same rules. Keep that in mind.

    If you think you're dealing with one of these and the cops or justice system is buying into their lies? Then welcome to equality. (I'm not saying that with any attitude or sarcasm).

    Women have had to fight the same system against cops who wouldn't listen or help either with psychos in their lives and we had NO recourse. At least, you have the opportunity to fight it (as anyone should) Just like women now have.

    Just because a battle is uphill doesn't mean someone destroyed your means of climbing it. No one took your rights away. So let's keep some perspective.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Poki, Betty Blue, Hard, Luke O liked this post

  6. #1326
    ציפור Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post

    Women have had to fight the same system against cops who wouldn't listen or help either with psychos in their lives and we had NO recourse. At least, you have the opportunity to fight it (as anyone should) Just like women now have.
    Are there a lot of cases with cops being incompetent or negligent when it comes to domestic abuse, rape or sexual assault?
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #1327
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    16,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Women are people. Can we stop thinking of them as inherently different in their desires as men? Women want what every human wants.

    An opportunity to prove their abilities and exercise their personal freedoms to live and be happy.

    Men can surely relate to this.

    Are their biological and physical differences? Yes. Does that pose a threat to men and their happiness and abilities? It shouldn't. Nor should men pose a threat to women.

    If you want equality stop asking for it and assume it as a given. Women in America are at a point where we can do this. There is power in confidence. Time to own it.
    Exactly. This is what I have done throughout my life, and may explain why I have had such satisfactory results. As I mentioned elsewhere, you have to play to win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Are there a lot of cases with cops being incompetent or negligent when it comes to domestic abuse, rape or sexual assault?
    I think things are improving, but it was this way for generations. First of all, marital rape was considered an oxymoron, since a husband was always entitled to the "services" of his wife. Also, women were encouraged to forgive, take the man back, even try to be a better wife. Then there's the victim blaming: turning a sexual assault report into an investigation of the victim - what was she wearing? how was she acting? why was she in that place at that time? what is her sexual history? And this covers only those cases where the woman actually made a report to police. In many cases she did not, whether to avoid stigma, avoid the misplaced focus on her own life, or (in a marriage) to preserve what might have been the only material support for herself and her children.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes MDP2525, Luke O liked this post

  8. #1328
    ציפור Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

    I think things are improving, but it was this way for generations. First of all, marital rape was considered an oxymoron, since a husband was always entitled to the "services" of his wife. Also, women were encouraged to forgive, take the man back, even try to be a better wife. Then there's the victim blaming: turning a sexual assault report into an investigation of the victim - what was she wearing? how was she acting? why was she in that place at that time? what is her sexual history? And this covers only those cases where the woman actually made a report to police. In many cases she did not, whether to avoid stigma, avoid the misplaced focus on her own life, or (in a marriage) to preserve what might have been the only material support for herself and her children.
    How do you think we can correct this?
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #1329
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Are there a lot of cases with cops being incompetent or negligent when it comes to domestic abuse, rape or sexual assault?
    Obviously you are not familiar with the Lifetime network.

    I'm joking. But yes. Lots.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  10. #1330
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Then there's the victim blaming: turning a sexual assault report into an investigation of the victim - what was she wearing? how was she acting? why was she in that place at that time? what is her sexual history? And this covers only those cases where the woman actually made a report to police. In many cases she did not, whether to avoid stigma, avoid the misplaced focus on her own life, or (in a marriage) to preserve what might have been the only material support for herself and her children.
    Victim blaming, you mean rational thinking? do you really think a women who was raped at the time was blamed for the attack? do you really not think out of sheer logic that someone who is scandalously dressed walking home at night should be more cautious and aware of their actions? let me guess you believe in the "teach men not to rape" slogans feminists shout about. It's too bad rapists already know that rape is wrong much like murderers know that murder is wrong there is going to be messed up people in this world regardless and that is why these questions are asked. No is one is blaming the victim but it's stupid to think that you shouldn't be taking certain precautions and responsibilities towards yourself.

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO