User Tag List

Page 130 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1614

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    You don't think women are oppressed? Men have held power for thousands of years. You don't think it's time to give women a chance?
    I didn't say that they haven't been, I'm saying that they're successful and will supplant men but wont enjoy it once they have. It's only cool as long as you're the underdog.

The more you win, the more you lose the moral urgency of plight.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I didn't say that they haven't been, I'm saying that they're successful and will supplant men but wont enjoy it once they have.
    Why wouldn't they enjoy it?
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm not sure they would. If they did, they would be hypocrites. Responsible feminist goals aim for equality, not for replacing men as oppressors.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes gromit liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Women won't ever take on the role men currently have, for two reasons.

1. Most don't want to because with power comes responsibility
    2. If women collectively did desire to supersede men, we wouldn't allow it. For a start it would spell the end of humanity because we would in practice lose our reproductive viability. And also, no group ever willingly gives up its power, not even for sex.

Also, I agree with Disco that most women would probably find it a hollow victory in the end. Men like you have ulterior motives for propping up feminism, of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

1. Most don't want to because with power comes responsibility
    2. If women collectively did desire to supersede men, we wouldn't allow it. For a start it would spell the end of humanity because we would in practice lose our reproductive viability. And also, no group ever willingly gives up its power, not even for sex.

Also, I agree with Disco that most women would probably find it a hollow victory in the end. Men like you have ulterior motives for propping up feminism, of course.
    Is it the case that fewer women seek absolute power (as in as much power as possible)? Would that be a GOOD thing, in terms of power being a corruptive force?

Why the fear of being supplanted by women? This seems like a paranoid notion; one group who wants what another group has will not necessarily want to take it all for themselves. There is something called sharing, you know. Is this something women are better at?
    Likes Hard, Ivy liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Is it the case that fewer women seek absolute power (as in as much power as possible)? Would that be a GOOD thing, in terms of power being a corruptive force?
    Something I find amusing is that liberals appeal to biological differences in psychology when it suits their cause, but fight against it when it does not. To me extreme liberals are even more anti-scientific than religious evangelicals. At least the latter have the cajones to deny evolution entirely.

Why the fear of being supplanted by women? This seems like a paranoid notion; one group who wants what another group has will not necessarily want to take it all for themselves. There is something called sharing, you know. Is this something women are better at?
    It isn't in my interests to support androgyny. I am a scion of the old order, and life would have been easier for me if feminism had never been.

While you are unlikely to ever convince me, as a general rule if you want to sell an ideal to people, you first need to persuade them that they gain something by supporting it. Feminism competes in the market of ideals.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Something I find amusing is that liberals appeal to biological differences in psychology when it suits their cause, but fight against it when it does not. To me extreme liberals are even more anti-scientific than religious evangelicals. At least the latter have the cajones to deny evolution entirely.

It isn't in my interests to support androgyny. I am a scion of the old order, and life would have been easier for me if feminism had never been.

While you are unlikely to ever convince me, as a general rule if you want to sell an ideal to people, you first need to persuade them that they gain something by supporting it. Feminism competes in the market of ideals.
    I just read your reply as "Liberals nananananana *fingers in ears*" so should I give your arguments the write-off as well?
    Likes Hard liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Reasonable people appeal to biological differences when the differences are both real and relevant to the matter at hand. Liberals or conservatives who do anything else are just denying reality.

So what did white Americans gain by giving up black slavery? Many people really will respond to a moral argument, even if they have to give up something in the end. A big part of the slavery battle was getting people to accept that blacks were human beings with the same value as whites. I see alot of this in the argument for gender equality as well. Some men, historically and even now, want to treat women as overgrown children rather than capable independent adults. It is easy to feel comfortable in a superior position when you feel you really are superior, and in fact are doing the inferior group(s) a service by acting as their lord and master. And yes, in some respects this does make your life easier. I suppose it might come down to just how selfish and unrealistic the average man is today.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Luke O, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

1. Most don't want to because with power comes responsibility.
    Why do you think no women would want responsibility?
    2. If women collectively did desire to supersede men, we wouldn't allow it. For a start it would spell the end of humanity because we would in practice lose our reproductive viability.
    I think there are always going to be couples out there who want kids. This seems like an overblown fear.

What kind of ulterior motives? I genuinely think humanity would benefit from not relegating women to sealed off spheres. Speaking more selfishly, I think it makes life more interesting. I like dating women who regard themselves as my equal. It also tends to mean less relationship drama when both partners can communicate on a level playing field.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Tempbanned Array

Feminism and gynocentrism has greatly contributed to the economic collapse in Europe and soon the western world. Our current model for supporting female privlidge is riding up the debt.I predict the next two years there will be an economic collapse.