Page 13 of 162 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd wave feminism

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Yes I've studied it academically in college in my liberal arts program along with many other toxic marxist theories biggest waste of my time. Schools love teaching leftist ideology that have no practical value.
    . You didn't answer the question about who you know. your own question.

Anyhow, I expected you to say something like that. You keep questioning what people know about feminism, but then you say that learning from the primary institutions for generating and teaching knowledge about feminism is actually a mark against someone.

There is so much to pick apart in that last post of yours, I mean, wow. It's not just that I think you're wrong, but you also have no internal consistency on any level. You can't keep your facts straight, you can't keep your logic straight, and you can't even keep your debate tactics straight. You might as well be writing in your sleep. But, I suspect you sort of are asleep, intellectually. You're thinking like a cult member.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Wow, anti-feminists trying to rationalise whatever it is they're arguing about, because they're uncomfortable with change.

Here's my 5 cents.

1) Feminism is about both genders having equal opportunities (outside of physical restriction). Someone arguing female supremacy over men is not a feminist.

2) Both genders contribute greatly to the world economy, both in mind and body. Women have shown their mettle academically and professionally, and other ways, and this potential cannot be ignored.

3) Yes, men are better suited to some forms of work, likewise the world is fooling itself if it believes men are better at jobs that women deliver superior results at.

4) Men: You don't own women, yet you are mutually responsible for each other. Women: men are not there to own you either.

5) What are you afraid of, really?
    Likes violett, Red Herring, BadOctopus, Redbone, Ivy liked this post

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

Anyhow, I expected you to say something like that. You keep questioning what people know about feminism, but then you say that learning from the primary institutions for generating and teaching knowledge about feminism is actually a mark against someone.

There is so much to pick apart in that last post of yours, I mean, wow. It's not just that I think you're wrong, but you also have no internal consistency on any level. You can't keep your facts straight, you can't keep your logic straight, and you can't even keep your debate tactics straight. You might as well be writing in your sleep. But, I suspect you sort of are asleep, intellectually. You're thinking like a cult member.
    So now that I've completely destroyed your arguments you have nothing better to say to me than to insult me. Good job I don't have to answer any of your questions I'm not your puppet I don't need your approval and I don't find your logic to be superior in any way. You seem to be really good at making assumptions/claims but really bad at providing reasoning/evidence for your claims. I'm now done talking to you I don't speak to people who's goals are to insult, instead of debating rationally.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    5) What are you afraid of, really?
    Anomie is frightening. A lot of people are frightened by the possibility that there will be no place for them in a new world.

But there are other factors. He probably has personal insecurities that he is externalizing. Maybe personal struggles he's trying to scapegoat onto feminists.

And then, there are some anti-feminist propaganda mills out there. It is very transparent that jixmixfix has been reading them a lot, he is echoing them left and right. So lots of people like him get swamped in misinformation about what feminism is or does, and certain people have a psychological profile that makes them more likely to buy into that sort of thing (like because of the reasons above, as well as other meta-cognitive abilities I think).

As always, a big cross-section of factors. After WWII, the causes of antisemitism became a popular topic. I think a lot of analysis on it is also applicable to why people form positions like the one jixmixfix holds.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Privileging a person's ideas just because they are in academia is a logical fallacy (the genetic fallacy). Universities are put on a pedestal far too often: humanities departments are as evangelical in their liberalism as some churches are in their conservatism. If you want a good example of this, read about the Sokal hoax. We discussed it on here a while ago.

Be careful. I have just shown you an example of poor logic.
    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Privileging a person's ideas just because they are in academia is a logical fallacy (the genetic fallacy). Universities are put on a pedestal far too often: humanities departments are as evangelical in their liberalism as some churches are in their conservatism. If you want a good example of this, read about the Sokal hoax. We discussed it on here a while ago.
    Magic Proiferan is the perfect example of an manipulated academic leftist puppet who prefers the sound of their own voice than to someone else's logic or reason.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So now that I've completely destroyed your arguments you have nothing better to say to me than to insult me. Good job I don't have to answer any of your questions I'm not your puppet I don't need your approval and I don't find your logic to be superior in any way. You seem to be really good at making assumptions/claims but really bad at providing reasoning/evidence for your claims. I'm now done talking to you I don't speak to people who's goals are to insult, instead of debating rationally.
    Hah. I'm sure your dad can beat up my dad, too.

The topic of what academic credentials do and don't count for is an interesting one. I fear that is too interesting a topic for either of you.

Be careful. I have just shown you an example of poor logic.
    Nope. Not now, and not at any point that you've ever been on this forum.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

So what would satisfy you? Do you want all the women in the world to quit their jobs, stop improving their minds, and confine themselves to domesticity and baby-makin'? Would that make you happy? I guarantee it wouldn't make them happy.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Hard liked this post

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    You know, for all their innate superiority, white dudes seem to be a pretty fragile bunch. Have no fear, though, centuries of surviving in this world inspite of systematic oppression and deprevation of our most basic rights have made the rest of the human race exceedingly capable. Perhaps even moreso than you when you once subjugated this planet. But fear not, dearest white dudes! For all those many long years we have watched you and learned well from you what it means to rule. And when our time comes for us like loving children to assume the burden of caring for you as you once cared for us as you did in your prime, we will remember, my beloved ones. We will remember it all.

Love,
    The Rest of Us
    It's a bit ironic because one could argue the same basic rights (and what most people would call a modern enlightened society) ur mentioning were in large part the idea of the bad white guys
    For all its bravado "feminism" hasn't accomplished much in the last 40 years
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Haha. See? Look. They can count on each other to confirm that they've been doing a good job all along. This is how it works.

No matter how many people tell you that you are wrong. No matter how much experience or education those people have. The important thing is that there will always be someone else who agrees with you that lets you know you've been fighting the good fight.
    Go to sleep, iguana.