User Tag List

First 55595103104105106107115155 Last

Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1614

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    True love describes the qualities of an emotionally mature person (i.e., kind, respectful, non-needy).

Come on, you know better. You don't have to let the negative images of what everyone else is doing defeat you. You can be the exception. There are others like you.

I predict your pride is on the verge of bringing you to the end of yourself.
    funny.
    Likes violett liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    funny.
    This is more or less what Skinny-Love is talking about:

The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book: Don Miguel Ruiz, Janet Mills: 9781878424426: Amazon.com: Books

That said, even that doesn't really protect your rights as a man, legally, as others have correctly pointed out.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    What THEY wanted didn't quite become law:

Aid To Dependent Children: The Legal History - Social Welfare History Project

Like most laws, it was a mishmash of compromises.
    Better - same source as mine - but not the same reading. What they wanted and fought for was more assistance and for more women, and while it got sliced, diced & mutated over the years, non of the later modifications added the gender & unemployment requirements within it. those were what you guys were talking about and they were not added by anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    That it helped women is about the only thing that is "feminist" about it.
    So close! You are almost there. Think: Do abstract ideologies go to voting booths? Do they have a book budget? Take classes in universities? Stand by your side in rallies & protests? Form organizations? Write bills for congress? Collect money from interest groups? Finance lobbyists? Give donations? Rise in institutions? Now, while keeping all of that in mind, deconstruct the assumption underlining what you've just said.

Edit: Since @uumlau doesn't seem to want to play (Admittedly that was a tad condescending of me): Ideologies don't, movements do.

And that is what's under critique. Given that most of the accusations are about how the beliefs. historical actions and practices counter gender equality it should be pretty damn obvious that the critique isn't against gender equality as an ideology. Trying to look through a feminist lens and fact-checking in the same time is a constant circle of attributing things done by self-proclaimed feminists and feminist organizations to the patriarchy by either using a true-scotfeminist argument or trying to rationalize how the patriarchy seemingly controlled their minds.

What's so hard about the alternative: Taking them for their word, that they are part of the feminist movement and believe themselves to act in it's advantage. Again and again I see an argument where you can't critique the feminist movement for been hypocritical with it's principles because anything that doesn't fit the ideology isn't real feminism, but the feminist movement isn't the ideology, it is the movement. The two are about as related as the soviet union and Marxism, except that having failed to evolve into a revolutionary state regime, it evolved into an interest group within the existing one, a gender based interest group, and it's entirely reasonable to critique it as such. It is not the abstract concept incarnated.

TL-DR: @Coriolis has the right idea, and frankly the most honest depiction of feminism I've seen coming from any of the feminists here, that it can not be separated from a central focus on females.
    Last edited by Mane; 04-23-2015 at 07:49 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I know someone who was raped, and it kind of messed her up. I don't think the guy who did it ever got punished, which pisses me off.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This article is enlightening to this thread, in fact it's a more lucid parallel of it, where upon Angela Washko, a 'Third Wave Feminist' interviews Roosh V, a supposedly well known PUA as part of an art project that ended up stalling out:

A Monopoly On Logic: A Feminist Artist Interviews The Internet's Most Infamous Misogynist - ANIMAL

Though mostly polite and extremely generous with his time, Roosh appeared unable to acknowledge that I might be qualified to think autonomously or be well-regarded in my field. It was clear that he perceived me as existing in a bubble removed from most of society. Consistent with his outspoken views on feminists, he assumed that I was a naive, inexperienced, and easily-led person who let some feminist propaganda I picked up in undergrad and on Buzzfeed shape my worldview, as opposed to years of research and projects. Ultimately, our roles reflected Roosh’s defensive engagement with the world at large – everything from my hair (too short) to my taste in men (too feminine) to my education (too much of it) was up for criticism even though the interview was intended to highlight his work, how he ended up in his field and how he ended up framing his experiences the way he has.
    Why the project has not proceeded:

What Happens When a Feminist Artist Interviews a Pickup Artist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

What would the 4th wave of feminism be?
    Likes Mane liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    When society finally collapses on itself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    When society finally collapses on itself.
    Thank you for your input

Permabanned

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When feminism has become obsolete, subsumed into a broader humanism that finally acknowledges and treats everyone as the individual he or she is.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Osprey, uumlau, Luke O liked this post