User Tag List

First 891011122060110 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 1614

  1. #91
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    This thread took a turn from "hilarious" to "even more hilarious."

    Not the sharpest turn in the world, but I do enjoy it.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes BadOctopus, Passacaglia liked this post

  2. #92
    Senior Member Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It's a progressive degeneration of the family. The family doesn't get destroyed over night it takes generations of an ideology (feminism) to work it's way though so yes feminism in my opinion has contributed to the destruction of the family. I think there are other reasons as well, such as dependance on technology and increased standard of living. 20 % of males ages 20-35 aren't getting married this has reached an all time low.
    The progressive degeneration? So you do think 1st wave feminism contributed. So you think letting women vote, and own property, and practice law, etc... contributed to the destruction of the family? Are you saying you'd rather take those things away to preserve the family? And why on earth is all the weight on women to not go out and do civic things, and commercial things, and so forth? What does letting women do that destroy the family, but letting men do that preserve the way the family has always been?

    And you actually mention living standards as a factor. Great! If it's a choice between living standards and family (which I don't think it is), I'd say screw the family, and give me living standards.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Do you not understand what feminism actually does? It creates opportunity for women stating that women are oppressed to men and that they need to acquire special privilege. Women are better than men in general when it comes to english, and languages. So what ends up happening is that an entire education system becomes catered towards women. Feminism is an ideology it doesn't actually take into account a women's actual needs. For example feminism pushes the idea that women should be working and if she doesn't enter the work force she is shamed upon. If a women chooses with her free will not to work she is shamed upon by society due to feminist ideological influence. It's not that men do not value education it is that what is being taught in the system caters towards a women's strengths. The education system has no interest in changing this however go figure.
    I am sure I understand feminism much better than you, to answer your question. It has many strains, but the vast majority, and the most influential, are about giving men and women equal opportunities, and in some cases equal outcome. It is typically based on the notion that men do not have inherent superiority to women, but historically society has favored men based on that premise, and we must now actively work the undo that. That would be a fair assessment of feminism, and that is a completely reasonable proposal.

    What are a woman's actual needs? I don't think there are innate biological needs for women. I can also tell you that society before feminism was completely hostile to the needs of individuals who happened to women. If the question is catering to the needs of people who are women, feminism overwhelmingly improved that, and to say otherwise is only an expression of utter ignorance.

    And all of your premises seem to depend on the idea that feminism has established a level of authority in the country that I don't think it has. Feminism is a dirty word in this society, for crying out loud. Where is this matriarchy you seem to be imagining?

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Feminism does actually contribute to that because the reason why these systems are not changing is become the legal system knows the backlash they will receive by feminists and gynocentric society.Feminists want all the benefits of traditionalist culture without any responsibility for their own mistakes. Barrack Obama loves feminism he think women are smarter than men do you really think he has any desire to change a broken legal that cripples men?
    You are basically making a bunch of shit up. There is no gynocentric society, feminists don't want what you say they want in the vast majority of cases, and Obama didn't really say what you think he said. You sound like you should be wearing a tin foil hat at this point.

    And saying that lawmakers would be afraid of backlash is so laughable, because all over the USA lawmakers are constantly making laws extremely unpopular with feminists in particular and women in general, and they don't care, and don't pay a price. Just read about abortion laws lately, or childcare, or employment discrimination, etc.

    You are living in an alternate reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Co parenting is basically the same system of being in a divorced relationship the law allows for the father to see his child 10% of the time while the father needs to pay for child support. It doesn't give any incentives for a man to get married or stay with the women he's with he is trapped for good. If a man can't come up with child support he is put in jail.
    That isn't even what I'm talking about. Pay attention. You said lower marriage rates. That means never getting married in the first place. A man could be forced to pay child support, or he could just act like a father, because people can live together and have kids on purpose without getting married. That wouldn't less valid as a family, in my view.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What came first the chicken or the egg? what causes poverty for most Americans? I want to hear your answer.
    That;s a complex subject, but there's one thing that I can say with complete confidence first. It's not caused by single-parent households, or women having some kind of advantage over men. Poverty is often geographical and at least somewhat multi-generational. It has to do with access to education, transportation, health care, job opportunities, working law enforcement, and the like. This varies by place, and people are often born into these circumstances and follow the path of their parents. Other elements determine who winds up in these places. Racism is a classic example, and you get all but abandon urban housing projects without almost entirely black populations.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    A correlation between crime and single parent households.
    Well, great, as I've already pointed out that this correlation is the product of a third variable, most likely. But even if were there, it doesn't actually say anything about a father figure per se, does it? It would also be caused by a house with one father and no mother, or more interestingly, could be avoided by a household with two mothers, now couldn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Children have become an economic asset because living in a single parent household can no longer pay for a child needs. This is caused by increased competition of the workforce which has become dominated by women and and immigration in last 50 years.It's much harder for a man to climb the corporate ladder today and still make decent pay. Women who make more than men aren't interested in pair bonding with them, while men who make more than women are interested in pair bonding with them. Women are stuck not being able to find "the one" because they see themselves as superior to the men they find in society. Men are fed up with trying to get with these women because they are constantly being rejected by them. What needs to happen is we need to get more men graduating from colleges and universities so that the number is closer to 50%.the truth is women are the cause of single parent households not men, and they want the state to pay for them. The state is a women's sugar daddy in North America.
    I think you meant liability.

    Anyhow, you didn't even attempt to refute any of my perfectly good explanations for why birth rates have gone down. You also didn't attempt to rebut my point about why it might actually be a good things. Instead, you just asserted a whole cavalcade baseless premises. So, I might as well just stick my explanation.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right
    Likes Ivy liked this post

  3. #93
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Awwww another white knight mangina ready to save the day how cute
    Lol, forget if it's either you or another in the thread, but they don't even know the difference between feminism and Marxism, and are trying to have a serious debate here. You're also arguing that most feminists are radical. Seriously dude, if most women who think they deserve treatment equal to that of men are radical patriarchy-hating feminists, the world would look a lot different than it does. If that's not adorable like a baby, I don't know what is.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes Gamine liked this post

  4. #94
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Lol, you don't even know the difference between feminism and Marxism, and you're trying to have a serious debate here. If that's not adorable like a baby, I don't know what is.
    Have you read any Marxist books? are you really this stupid? Marx discusses feminism in his book the communist manifesto. He labels this ideology Marxist feminism and discusses how women were oppressed through patriarchal oppression.

  5. #95
    Senior Member Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    So let me get this straight: We've given nine pages of attention to a guy that's too intellectually lazy to note that divorce rates peaked 3 decades ago because it doesn't suit his agenda, can't spell the president's name, and can't understand how basic jokes work?

    I want the old TypoC back, where people actually thought having a nice forum was worth critical thinking.
    I didn't touch that because I just assumed someone else was already going to do it. I'm surprised at how long it took.

    So maybe it was kind of the bystander effect in action.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #96
    Senior Member Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Have you read any Marxist books? are you really this stupid? Marx discusses feminism in his book the communist manifesto. He labels this ideology Marxist feminism and discusses how women were oppressed through patriarchal oppression.
    In what capacity have you studied feminism? Have you studied it academically, like in college? Have you studied it professionally?

    And since you've been asking the question of others, what feminists do you know? Let's just stick with self-identified feminists. Do you have friends? How many? Family or current/former lovers, and if so, what would you say your relationship with them is like now?

    How much have you done unguided research of feminism? By that I mean, how much have you studied feminism directly at the source material, without going through any third party's interpretation?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #97

    Default

    Hi all I've lurked here for a while but I'm just making my first post now. So, um... hi. Anyway, I agree that feminism is ruining the courts re: divorces, taking money etc., but why don't we just take advantage of the systems we already have in place? If us men really want to get married we should marry each other and that way we don't have to worry about anyone taking OUR things away it will be MEN only and we can come to a comprimise about who gets what etc. I don't get why you need to waste your life with a succubus when you can get all the tax breaks you want from men only.

  8. #98

    Default

    "I am sure I understand feminism much better than you, to answer your question. It has many strains, but the vast majority, and the most influential, are about giving men and women equal opportunities, and in some cases equal outcome. It is typically based on the notion that men do not have inherent superiority to women, but historically society has favored men based on that premise, and we must now actively work the undo that. That would be a fair assessment of feminism, and that is a completely reasonable proposal." - Magic Poriferan

    Yes, exactly my understanding of the Feminist movement, and this bears repeating. The OP, has reminded me of why taking a stand on feminist issues is still important, even in today's society.

  9. #99
    Senior Member Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Yes, exactly my understanding of the Feminist movement, and this bears repeating. The OP, has reminded me of why taking a stand on feminist issues is still important, even in today's society.
    It's practically Lewis's Law, really.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dode View Post
    Hi all I've lurked here for a while but I'm just making my first post now. So, um... hi. Anyway, I agree that feminism is ruining the courts re: divorces, taking money etc., but why don't we just take advantage of the systems we already have in place? If us men really want to get married we should marry each other and that way we don't have to worry about anyone taking OUR things away it will be MEN only and we can come to a comprimise about who gets what etc. I don't get why you need to waste your life with a succubus when you can get all the tax breaks you want from men only.
    Why don't men just rise to the challenge of evolving into more enlightened understanding men?

Similar Threads

  1. A new INFJ *waves!*
    By moonlit_reveries in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction
    By music_educe in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. *waving*
    By Sandy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. Hello :D *waves*
    By Indranizia in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts