User Tag List

First 345

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The term "cultural difference" always smacks of avoidance to me. Surely we're all different, some people just don't want to explain it.

Where is this vast divide in man? Certainly why value it above the openness of a wider "culture"?
    Because difference, not similarity, is what makes the world an interesting place to live in. The "open culture" you desire would also require the forced assimilation of many unwilling people, and literal genocide (removing ethnic groups' unique genetic signature). I understand that the ends justify the means for many posters on this forum, but they don't for me. You have no right to assume that you know what is best for the world.

Oh, and if you can't perceive even the most obvious divides humanity has, then I don't see much point in continuing this conversation beyond this post. Just walk out onto the street and look around you.

This seems like the UK in a larger scale. We have lots of" minorities" many with a habit of sticking to others who claim the same or similar title. The thing is it doesn't have to be like that. So you're of a foreign faith and you want a temple. So what? It's the self same thing as anyone wanting something. You pay due care and attention that the not so popular opinions are looked after and otherwise go wrong th the safe main stream. No minorities, no subculture this and culture of that. Just a bunch of human beings trying to live in a certain amount of space harmoniously. I swear that half of this stuff is designed to keep politicians in a job. I've never met anyone who's "culture" was so alien to me that I couldn't live by it.
    Even if I take your word about being able to adapt to any culture, most people don't want to. Part of the reason is that it isn't just a cultural change that the West is experiencing, but a physical demographic change. The difference between the two is that the latter is potentially irreversible. This is why people like me make a big deal out of it - because it is a big deal.

As an aside, I am also kind of confused how a discussion about gun control has turned into another immigration spate.

True diversity needs no labels, no recognition from a system of cataloguing and no unification under false colours.
    True diversity means physical, genetic differences within humanity, differences that can be objectively measured and classified just like in any other species. People like you actually want the opposite of diversity, as I have been pointing out for years now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    True diversity means physical, genetic differences within humanity, differences that can be objectively measured and classified just like in any other species. People like you actually want the opposite of diversity, as I have been pointing out for years now.
    A few points and then I'm done.

You brought up the whole culture thing with your "screw central control that I don't agree with" post not I.

These differences you describe as so important. Does this mean I shouldn't treat people equally? I hope not. If not then what frickin relevance are they? I can become a minority by supporting Justin whatisface from an intellectual standpoint. Does that mean I need a group defining? Nope. I'm just the same as you, I'm different. It's this post modernistic fascination with cataloguing which goes around pointing out why you can't be one of us, you have to be one of them. Division tends to lead to confrontation. You may enjoy that but I'm about sick and tired of the whole luke warm war of classes and cultures and all the rest of the bs. Either you're a reasonable human being or you're probably a problem and that's before any race, creed, colour, culture, philosophy, music likes, popularity or any other shit comes in.

You continue to box people. Go ahead. Fact is everyone is intermingling so your much valued definitions and differences ain't going to mean shit for long.

It's like all those small minded people that after three generations of being host country they suddenly decide that they should return to their roots and become third world grounded. It's typical bourgeois bullshit. Look in the mirror and like what you see the same way everyone has to. Want to join a group to give yourself an excuse to be an asshole, you're just another problem to be overcome so we can stop fucking about arguing with each other about piss all and try to build something better together.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, Passacaglia liked this post