User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

How many of the people here responding to this thread have worked in the Emergency Room or in a rehabilitation center? I am just curious.

Also, government views on a substances can make it more acceptable. How many people see alcohol as acceptable, yet it is way worst than pot. Back before the harrison act, cocaine and heroin weren't considered evil by the majority, but once it became illegal the general POV shifted drastically, so yes govco can influence opion.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    How many of the people here responding to this thread have worked in the Emergency Room or in a rehabilitation center? I am just curious.

Also, government views on a substances can make it more acceptable. How many people see alcohol as acceptable, yet it is way worst than pot. Back before the harrison act, cocaine and heroin weren't considered evil by the majority, but once it became illegal the general POV shifted drastically, so yes govco can influence opion.
    I've been to rehabilitation centers... and other related places... sometimes involuntarily... does that count?

I totally agree with you about alcohol vs. marijuana... it's hypocrisy of the highest order that the former is legal while the latter isn't. In fact, I've gotten into more trouble with the legal drug!
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I've done all the drugs we've mentioned in this thread, and I have noted positives and negatives for all of them (although I really think meth is disgusting and isn't worth it; however, I realize there are pharmaceutical uses for it). Still, criminalizing drugs is bad in almost all ways: it makes drug-dealing violent and profitable, makes the drugs dirty and dangerous, makes people conflate drug users with real criminals, costs hundreds of millions of dollars a year, and it kills people (police, innocent bystanders, low-level drug dealers in raids). The War on (Some) Drugs and Prohibition are maybe the two worst domestic policy decisions in the United States in the 20th Century. It's time to legalize them and to set non-violent drug offenders free.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's time to legalize them and to set non-violent drug offenders free.
    I agree with this to some extent. I'm really not sure all drugs should be legalized though.

Am I the only person that was annoyed by the Motley Crue example? A scientific example would have been much more efficient.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm really not sure all drugs should be legalized though.
    My personal opinion is that Marijiana should be legalized completely, it's less harmful than what we allow now, so that's a pointless debate.

LSD and some of the other hallucinogens should be legalized for use in your own home/on private property, while there are no long-term ill effects from them, people on an acid trip shouldn't really be out on the streets.

The others, I have somewhat mixed feelings about, but I'd say legalize them, and make sure drug education highlights the risks of them well.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Meth is a prescription drug.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Meth is a prescription drug.
    Yup, usually 5mg desoxyn tablets, for when your add/adhd really sucks, or off label for some serious over the top depression. Anyway, expect to be monitored heavily by your doc for this script or else you lose it right away.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Yup, usually 5mg desoxyn tablets, for when your add/adhd really sucks, or off label for some serious over the top depression. Anyway, expect to be monitored heavily by your doc for this script or else you lose it right away.
    Just making the point that people don't usually know wtf they're talking about. Seems like 90% of folks on the tubes today say, in effect "Legalize pot, of course, it's harmless, but anyone who touches meth is stupid!" When in fact proper usage of amphetamine can help you live a better life, but pot will usually just make you stupid, especially long term.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Just making the point that people don't usually know wtf they're talking about. Seems like 90% of folks on the tubes today say, in effect "Legalize pot, of course, it's harmless, but anyone who touches meth is stupid!" When in fact proper usage of amphetamine can help you live a better life, but pot will usually just make you stupid, especially long term.
    "Proper use" of pot can help glaucoma and reduce pain in patients suffering long-term diseases... it'll mess with your lungs, unless you're ingesting it, in which case it's better than synthetic drugs which tend to mess up the kidneys.

Anyway, using many prescription drugs over long time periods can mess you up.... there are all sorts of side effects...

Why can't I smoke pot? I know this will probably be a loathsome comparison for some, but people are allowed to ruin their health drinking or eating fast-food on a daily basis, or vegging out in front of a TV day-in and day-out (which is horrible for the brain)... so why can't I smoke pot?
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    Why can't I smoke pot? I know this will probably be a loathsome comparison for some, but people are allowed to ruin their health drinking or eating fast-food on a daily basis, or vegging out in front of a TV day-in and day-out (which is horrible for the brain)... so why can't I smoke pot?
    I think all drugs should be free from legal restriction. The easiest argument for that is that unless you have a totalitarian government, the laws don't prevent anything. They just create crime, fear, and prisoners.