User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ...quite different from heroin. Remeber China's problems with opium? Do you want to see that 10x in the US?
    Uhmmmm... I don't believe the vast majority of Chinese, even in the heyday of the Opium wars, were abusing or even using opium... it was likely 5 percent at most... the Chinese had both moral and national reasons for resenting the opium trade so much... the British were forcing them to purchase opium, which was a major violation of Chinese sovereignty, the diktats of a foreign power having to be swallowed by a muted people.

I say, if two million Americans want to waste away their lives in dark rooms doing dope, let them, as long as they pay their taxes and don't steal or harass people.

And if you want to use a historical event to project how legalizing drugs like marijuana or heroin might affect society, I'll point you to the Prohibition era. Look how well that turned out.

Because we're looking from the inside out, we're not being able to appreciate how the world might be with legalized drugs... lots of conservative folk felt the same horror about alcohol that you do with heroin... in some ways, alcohol's worse, because it results in massive blackouts and an upsurge of chaotic energy in the alcoholic, making him/her more likely to be violent or erratic.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Alcohol is legal so why isn't everyone stumbling around drunk all the time?
    Alcohol is nothing like heroin. Like comparing a bb gun to a nuke. Being drunk sucks compared to the ultimate opiate buzz.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Alcohol is legal so why isn't everyone stumbling around drunk all the time?
    It would be a lot different if access to heroin was just a matter of walking to your corner store. It would be an epidemic greater to the one in China, heroin is much stronger than the opium they had.

Ultimate bliss for cheap and easily accessible? A nation of heroin junkies would be terrible.
    Ajlblaise... I think you're overstating it... and I refer you to sassafrassquatch... "why isn't everyone stumbling around drunk all the time?" Alcohol's great, really gets you out of the quotidian....

Also, as I've stated in a prior post (following your earlier one), China's problems with opium weren't as simple and straightforward as "there's an opium epidemic."

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin

I say, if two million Americans want to waste away their lives in dark rooms doing dope, let them, as long as they pay their taxes and don't steal or harass people.
    Or those that don't want to smell them don't have to.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTP

Alcohol is nothing like heroin. Like comparing a bb gun to a nuke. Being drunk sucks compared to the ultimate opiate buzz.
    So if I could induce a massive high (where I was non-violent and kept to myself) by sticking some acupuncture needles in the right spots of my knee, would you outlaw it?

On another note... what happens if there were a massive wave of "God-intoxications" across the nation?

"Twenty Million Americans Infected With Bliss! Industry Crippled!"

And every single one of those Americans was convinced that he/she had discovered God and enlightenment through a unique combination of hatha yoga, church visits, daily namaaz, and daily meditation... non-enlightened folk might be horrified, or call them deluded... but as long as the people were minding their own business, would you outlaw them or imprison and 'detoxify' them?

Oh... and if you want, we can add something to this hypothetical... becoming God-intoxicated (remember, with no use of ingested substances) also induces the secretion of a musk from hidden glands under the 'enlightened' folks' armpits, causing them to smell vile to people standing within a three-foot radius of them...

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    Uhmmmm... I don't believe the vast majority of Chinese, even in the heyday of the Opium wars, were abusing or even using opium... it was likely 5 percent at most... the Chinese had both moral and national reasons for resenting the opium trade so much... the British were forcing them to purchase opium, which was a major violation of Chinese sovereignty, the diktats of a foreign power having to be swallowed by a muted people.

And if you want to use a historical event to project how legalizing drugs like marijuana or heroin might affect society, I'll point you to the Prohibition era. Look how well that turned out.

Because we're looking from the inside out, we're not being able to appreciate how the world might be with legalized drugs... lots of conservative folk felt the same horror about alcohol that you do with heroin... in some ways, alcohol's worse, because it results in massive blackouts and an upsurge of chaotic energy in the alcoholic, making him/her more likely to be violent or erratic.
    How much do you know about China's history with opium? They had a widespread epidemic that ravaged their country. It was terrible for the country....they went to war over it after all.

Heroin is 1000x worse than alcohol.....no one's ever sucked dick for a beer.

Legalize soft drugs...but fuck crack, meth, and heroin.

MBTI
    ENTJ

How much do you know about China's history with opium? They had a widespread epidemic that ravaged their country. It was terrible for the country....they went to war over it after all.

Heroin is 1000x worse than alcohol.....no one's ever sucked dick for a beer.

Legalize soft drugs...but fuck crack, meth, and heroin.
    So long as they keep to themselves, legalize the hard ones too. That's more tax revenue put to better purposes and as for those that wish to hasten their deaths...

Have a nice trip! The ones that survive will thank you for giving them a little more space.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    So if I could induce a massive high (where I was non-violent and kept to myself) by sticking some acupuncture needles in the right spots of my knee, would you outlaw it?

On another note... what happens if there were a massive wave of "God-intoxications" across the nation?

"Twenty Million Americans Infected With Bliss! Industry Crippled!"

And every single one of those Americans was convinced that he/she had discovered God and enlightenment through a unique combination of hatha yoga, church visits, daily namaaz, and daily meditation... non-enlightened folk might be horrified, or call them deluded... but as long as the people were minding their own business, would you outlaw them or imprison and 'detoxify' them?
    Does this high cause parents to abandon their kids? Does it cause misery for millions? Then yes.

I wouldn't want to bust low level users, but high level trafficers.

Saying "legalize all drugs!" sounds cool, but it's really not a mature viewpoint.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Does this high cause parents to abandon their kids? Does it cause misery for millions? Then yes.

I wouldn't want to bust low level users, but high level trafficers.

Saying "legalize all drugs!" sounds cool, but it's really not a mature viewpoint.
    Why do you care if it does not affect you? Druggies aren't out to conquer the world or kill infidels.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    So long as they keep to themselves, legalize the hard ones too. That's more tax revenue put to better purposes and as for those that wish to hasten their deaths...

Have a nice trip! The ones that survive will thank you for giving them a little more space.
    So you wouldn't mind what happened in China happening where you live? Hey that's cool, but I hope I don't live near you.