User Tag List

Default UK citizen killed fighting ISIS

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As much as I would like to have a different outlook on it, I can't. You stand up to be counted with these pigs, you'll die with them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

If people have a strong desire to join a war on either side then perhaps they should be given special status as not being considered British whilst they are there but not hampered from returning home provided they will submit to questioning upon their return as a potential security risk (no matter which side they join)?

It seems churlish to delineate that you can fight if we say there's a fight but otherwise you're to be locked away as an irresponsible child.

Going hand in hand with that however is the right of those who chose not to go to not be represented by you and your actions as an individual, hence special status.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    As much as I would like to have a different outlook on it, I can't. You stand up to be counted with these pigs, you'll die with them.
    can you elaborate on this? i'm not sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What do you think about people going to fight ISIS?
    i think it's a good thing that people are willing to fight against terrorism. isis isn't a nation or a governing body that can be reasoned with. they don't abide by any international laws and their atrocities are becoming more frequent. the united states and other nations have political and bureaucratic hurdles to overcome in order to deploy ground troops. it's frightening how many people are fleeing to syria to join jihad. at least mercenaries or warriors who are morally opposed to terrorism are providing some sort of resistance.
    Likes /DG/ liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post

i think it's a good thing that people are willing to fight against terrorism. isis isn't a nation or a governing body that can be reasoned with. they don't abide by any international laws and their atrocities are becoming more frequent. the united states and other nations have political and bureaucratic hurdles to overcome in order to deploy ground troops. it's frightening how many people are fleeing to syria to join jihad. at least mercenaries or warriors who are morally opposed to terrorism are providing some sort of resistance.
    I think the conflict in Syria and elsewhere is the second front, it draws the poison off from the home front but it doesnt make it go away.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    I wish that the first reaction I would have would be to remember that I know what they do and why. Yes they have a perverted sense of right and wrong but history shows us that ISIS is doing is nearly identical behavior to what was happening in the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th.. centuries. Including slaughtering other Muslims, enslavement and every other atrocity. While I have read and understand this period in history pretty well, it's difficult for me because my reaction to what they're doing, including the ones who are recruiting, financially supporting, the wannabes and the disenfranchised American and European dipshits going over there to join up, is the same. Stand up with them, you can die with them. I'm not terribly interested in why, at the moment.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I wish that the first reaction I would have would be to remember that I know what they do and why. Yes they have a perverted sense of right and wrong but history shows us that ISIS is doing is nearly identical behavior to what was happening in the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th.. centuries. Including slaughtering other Muslims, enslavement and every other atrocity. While I have read and understand this period in history pretty well, it's difficult for me because my reaction to what they're doing, including the ones who are recruiting, financially supporting, the wannabes and the disenfranchised American and European dipshits going over there to join up, is the same. Stand up with them, you can die with them. I'm not terribly interested in why, at the moment.
    The guy didn't join ISIS, he went to fight against them.
    Likes Bknight liked this post