User Tag List

Thread: paying taxes

Default paying taxes

Hello

This is a question i'm asking on behalf of a study i'm conducting for a group of friends.

When America uses taxes to support Israel which thus kills lives of Palestinians, according to your correct judgement should american-muslims pay taxes?

Thanks!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well, nice to see such a balanced, objective question about political economy!

And yes, they should; no free rides to anyone. Change the foreign policy, if you want to help. Get rid of the taxes, while you are at it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Unfortunately, the time to protest against the deaths of Palestinians was when the voters were going to the ballots or had time to submerge their representatives with thoughtful letters about the problem... which means there's more time to do so with every election cycle...

But allowing people to individually, say on each tax return, select which causes their monies go to would make politics and the running of the state an even more chaotic affair than it already is.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    When America uses taxes to support Israel which thus kills lives of Palestinians, according to your correct judgement should american-muslims pay taxes?
    What does their religion have to do with anything? If any government supported any organisation for any purpose, then should any person who does not want to support that organisation be forced to do so with their tax burden? Most people will tolerate some such use of their tax burden, but there is a point for everyone when reform or rebellion becomes the preferred course of action. The plight of American muslims against the US support of Isreal is nothing special.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hello

This is a question i'm asking on behalf of a study i'm conducting for a group of friends.

Thanks!
    Yes, pay your taxes. I hate lots of stuff my government does too, and I still pay my taxes. See we have a lot in common.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hello

Thanks!
    If they live in America, and benefit from American governmental programs, if you enjoy the freedoms Americans do, and live in America, you pay American taxes.

I can't stand this nonsense that Muslims are privileged because of religion.

If your religion matters that much to you, get out of our country and go back to the middle east.

Religion should be kept as a personal matter, and not impose on anybody else's way of life.

I'm white. Does that mean I'm going to stop paying taxes because I don't like that the government puts so many black people on welfare and I'm not black (let's just say for argument's sake)? What about because it does a whole bunch of other stuff that I disagree with?

Anyone that uses American tolerance and American free speech to undermine those very values should not be in this country.

As for the Palestinians, if they weren't uneducated terrorist-sympathizers that never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity and were actually civilized people that didn't strap bombs to their bodies and blow themselves up, then maybe Israel and the Palestinians can co-exist in peace.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ISTP

Hello

Thanks!
    Yes. If you don't like paying your taxes, take the consequences or leave. If you don't like the foreign policy, work to change it. Should the rest of us not pay our taxes because we don't certain things our government does?

As for Palestinians, they've managed to blow every chance they've been given, and have gotten themselves into their own disasters. And, with their idiotic infighting of late, they aren't making much case for being able to actually be a functioning peaceful country.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%