User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The Daniel Craig bond (not that I'm a fan) is back to basics. Bond, in the books, was a bit if a sociopath and not a jolly roger with a pea shooter.

Hence if you're on about running bond, you should really blame broccoli.

As for the ethnicity of "super heoroes" then wouldn't the expendables count and therefore show some of the representation you ask for?

The one I'd be interested in someone working out is how to have an Indian superhero.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Thank you Daniel Craig for fucking Bond with your boring vibe.
    Them's fightin' words, my friend.

Sean Connery will always be the cinema classic Bond, but I didn't actually become a Bond fan until Daniel Craig.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    If I could change anything about superheroes, I would cut their chronologies a loooooot shorter. Batman started in the 30s and you have to keep up with decades and decades and decades of cartoons, comics, and movies just to get a general impression of what the hell is going on.

It's a "drug-mentality" of entertainment; the average person doesn't have the time to keep up with that bullshit, they want to walk into a comic shop, by a couple issues, and walk out. It would be a lot more satisfying, in my opinion, if superheroes had shorter, more independent lifespans -- a simple comic with a set amount of issues, a show with a set amount of episodes, programmed to be born, live a little, and die, before moving on to the next hero and his own completely independent separate epic.
    I don't think the industry could sustain itself financially.
    And you'd simply see the same characters but with slightly different outfits, names, etc.

The experience did leave me jaded.
    I just pretend in my head that the story ended right where I left off collecting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The Daniel Craig bond (not that I'm a fan) is back to basics. Bond, in the books, was a bit if a sociopath and not a jolly roger with a pea shooter.

Hence if you're on about running bond, you should really blame broccoli.

As for the ethnicity of "super heoroes" then wouldn't the expendables count and therefore show some of the representation you ask for?

The one I'd be interested in someone working out is how to have an Indian superhero.
    I was under the assumption that the original version of James Bond was more like the Sterling Archer in the archer series. I guess Craig is doing justice to the novels if he is playing the original character. But then again would Bond have been this famous and long lasting if he Broccoli didn't change the character a bit?

When I was small I never understood what's the deal with Sean Connery was, especially with regards to his Bond impersonation. But now I know it and feel it. Daniel Craig's version sucks ass compared to it. There is NO swagger. Bond has swagger; maybe not in the novels but to movies goers for the past 50 years he does.

---

There are quite a few Indian Superheroes in South Asian cinema. However, I don't recall any in Hollywood, not even as a main character. The closest Hollywood has come to in creating a main protagonist (if not a Hero) is Kumar from Harold and Kumar.

I being South Asian was/is flattered by Kumar and frankly believes he dwarfs any South Asian movie protagonist. He is so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Them's fightin' words, my friend.

Sean Connery will always be the cinema classic Bond, but I didn't actually become a Bond fan until Daniel Craig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    I think he's hot.

But you're straight, right? Of course you wouldn't find him attractive.
    Ladies, Bond = Swagger, not HOT under a T-Shirt.

Passacaglia sorry if I got your gender wrong .

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ladies, Bond = Swagger, not HOT under a T-Shirt.

Passacaglia sorry if I got your gender wrong .
    Yeah, you got his gender wrong; and no, I think he's hot -- like, everything, not just his chest. But what would you know about hot guys? That was my point before. I wouldn't expect you to know.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I was under the assumption that the original version of James Bond was more like the Sterling Archer in the archer series. I guess Craig is doing justice to the novels if he is playing the original character. But then again would Bond have been this famous and long lasting if he Broccoli didn't change the character a bit?

When I was small I never understood what's the deal with Sean Connery was, especially with regards to his Bond impersonation. But now I know it and feel it. Daniel Craig's version sucks ass compared to it. There is NO swagger. Bond has swagger; maybe not in the novels but to movies goers for the past 50 years he does.
    Oh I take a very unpopular view. I kinda like George Lazenby and Pierce Brown an best.

Weirdly enough, I think Roger Moore did the most films and yet people still harken back to Sean for their "ideal".

Until Skyfall, I'm afraid I found Mr Craig most lacklustre but then again I'm only gauging him on his character. According to my coworkers, that's missing the point.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, you got his gender wrong; and no, I think he's hot -- like, everything, not just his chest. But what would you know about hot guys? That was my point before. I wouldn't expect you to know.
    I am not saying he is NOT hot. My apologies for the mis-communication earlier. Infact I agree that he is hot. But James Bond is meant to be suave and have Swagger, not hotness.

If Bond is supposed to be Hot Daniel Craig nails it. But we want suaveness and swagger not hotness.

I support it. I also like when the switch up genders from previous versions of something.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I am not saying he is NOT hot. My apologies for the mis-communication earlier. Infact I agree that he is hot. But James Bond is meant to be suave and have Swagger, not hotness.

If Bond is supposed to be Hot Daniel Craig nails it. But we want suaveness and swagger not hotness.
    I agree, except for the part about Daniel Craig being hot. His face, facial expressions, accent, and hair color are not aesthetically pleasing to my senses.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You and I should go on a guy-watching expedition somewhere and we can rate them for hotness and swagger and ultimate man mojo. We'll video it. It'll be hilarious.

... but getting back on track... I have no issues with Idris Elba being a Bond guy.

I'm also a proponent of Dr. Who being a woman for an incarnation... but at least that seems possible within the framework of rejuvenation.