User Tag List

123 Last

Default What do you think about the social justice warrior memes?

Social justice Rorschach test | Social Justice Warrior | Know Your Meme

I didnt think it was possible for the left to get anymore discredited but it seems to just keep getting worse.
    Likes Dopa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This is what happens when you put a group of sheltered INFJs in a room together.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Seems like one extreme group of people unhealthily fixated on another extreme group of people.
    Likes prplchknz, Hard, Cygnus, 93JC, Passacaglia and 3 others liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Seems like one extreme group of people unhealthily fixated on another extreme group of people.
    Maybe if they occupy each other, the moderates can live in peace.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Noon, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

"How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

^ That joke is like 40 years old and yet has not aged at all. SJW memes like the one in the OP only exist because of the rage and humorlessness that define Tumblr feminism. If only everyone could calm down...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes 93JC, Dopa liked this post

I know 'SJW' is supposed to be an ironic sort of backhanded compliment, but I can't help thinking that it's less ironic and more complimentary than conservatives intend:

Social: I'll take social over antisocial any day, thanks.
    Justice: Yeah, I like people who are concerned with justice.
    Warrior: They may be overzealous at times, but I like people willing to stand up for what they believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I didnt think it was possible for the left to get anymore discredited but it seems to just keep getting worse.
    Going by the linked cartoon, it seems you think that SJWs see problems where there are none.

An old adage comes to mind...something about glass houses and throwing stones.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    "How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

^ That joke is like 40 years old and yet has not aged at all. SJW memes like the one in the OP only exist because of the rage and humorlessness that define Tumblr feminism. If only everyone could calm down...
    You believe it is only to do with online feminism?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe if they occupy each other, the moderates can live in peace.
    Hey girl... let me occupy that butt fo a bit.

Seriously though, they are the tea party equivalent on the left.

Luckily we've already sublimated the tea party. It will be fun to watch the left go through the very same trials the right went through several years ago.
    Likes Dopa liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

SJW types tick me off a lot. They're nothing more than locked-up minded individuals in parallel to fundamentalist religious individuals.

What's worse about them though is they seek to make you feel guilty. It's one of their primary goals from what I noticed. One particular individual stands out in my mind. Back in 2007-2009 I was part of QSA (queer straight alliance) back at my college. I quit despite being slated to become president of the group because I could no longer stomach or tolerate the mindset of the majority in the group. A few months before I quit, one individual in the group said he saw hetereosexuals as "inferior" because they didn't understand the "plight" of homosexuals. I could not believe it. He had a whole host of opinions and beliefs to go with this that created a horribly judgemental, cruel, vindictive, and holier than thou indivudual.

I am lucky I have met few individuals who meet the SJW persona in graduate school (I live in a very liberal town too). Though they do appear in bursts at times. I'm kinda sad none of them have ever approached or tried to corner me before, but oh I would chew them out so good for being little shits. The closest encounters I had were when the peta vegans were around, and another when the anti-abortion shockers showed up. I would love to put them in a box together, they're really just different sides of the same coin with all of their shock value and emotional pleading crap.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Alea_iacta_est, Rasofy, Dopa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    SJW types tick me off a lot. They're nothing more than locked-up minded individuals in parallel to fundamentalist religious individuals.

What's worse about them though is they seek to make you feel guilty. It's one of their primary goals from what I noticed. One particular individual stands out in my mind. Back in 2007-2009 I was part of QSA (queer straight alliance) back at my college. I quit despite being slated to become president of the group because I could no longer stomach or tolerate the mindset of the majority in the group. A few months before I quit, one individual in the group said he saw hetereosexuals as "inferior" because they didn't understand the "plight" of homosexuals. I could not believe it. He had a whole host of opinions and beliefs to go with this that created a horribly judgemental, cruel, vindictive, and holier than thou indivudual.
    Wow. That's just...wow.

Hope I never meet anyone so angrily outspoken.
    Last edited by EJCC; 02-26-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed reference to deleted post
    Likes Hard liked this post