User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

SJWs can be overzealous about dickish behavior and people who behave dickishly use this overzealousness to downplay the fact that they're legitimately dickish which makes SJWs more zealous because they feel they're being mocked with impunity.

And thus the wheel turns.
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Hey girl... let me occupy that butt fo a bit.

Seriously though, they are the tea party equivalent on the left.

Luckily we've already sublimated the tea party. It will be fun to watch the left go through the very same trials the right went through several years ago.
    Are you sure?

I'm sincerely asking, if there's any truth in what you're saying then the opposite thing entirely happened in the UK, in the UK the labour party dealt with its militant tendency and dispensed with it, although it took a couple of generations to disappear entirely, and the conservative party became its militant tendency instead, integrating most of the "hang Nelson Mandela" (yeah) going on to become central in successive governments and leading figures in the financial wing of the party (conservative banksters in the UK can effectively pull the strings of government regardless of who is in government).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think there are roughly 3 major things that piss me off about SJW's.

1. They use the same rationales, mannerisms, scare tactics, and degradation/humiliation/superiority complex strategies that they complain about.

Kind of hard to feel bad for someone who had their wallet stolen when they steal someone else's wallet to get back at that person. Really difficult to relate to someone who screams at a man for wearing whatever he wants while a woman wears whatever she wants and expects everyone to treat her like a great decision maker and decent person automatically.

2. They are fighting something real with... nothing.

They don't DO anything. 'Raising awareness' is bullshit without a cause behind it. People who pass out flyers for a domestic abuse shelter saying, 'Here's the signs of domestic abuse, report it here, these resources are available..' are DOING something. THAT awareness is showing people where to go, what to do, and actively engaging with the population. Screaming at someone for something and doing nothing about it or putting nothing behind it is useless. Posting a picture saying, "LIKE THIS IF YOU THINK MEN ARE GETTING PAID MORE THAN WOMEN" does nothing. At all. Ever. While it's okay to discuss things on an intellectual level and that's important, discussion is NOT what is taking place here with this concept. The videos going, "Omg look I get stuff for free when I dress and act cute, but when I dress plain I don't. Wtf society?!" is interesting.. but what is it REALLY doing? Telling people to dress and act cute? telling people not to do those things anymore? Raising awareness for... what cause? To give more free stuff away? I don't get it. It doesn't do anything at all. A woman in a video walking for 10 hours and getting cat calls.... Sure, 'raise awareness' and let people talk about the topic. But that's about as far as that goes, is a conversation starter. Which isn't bad, but it's also low on the priority scale when you have Jewish people doing the same thing and getting death threats and insults and ugly, malevolent stares. In both situations, while it can start the conversation for 'what should we do about this?' they also don't do much to promote an actual idea. The less focus and purpose driving the idea and action, the less powerful it is. And SJW's have no power and direction in their focus. There is a lot of emotion, and no direction or rationale for the passion they put behind anything.

3. It actually is counter-intuitive and causes a lot more damage than people think.

I have a friend who has become a full blown SJW. We are no longer friends on FB because he thinks I'm just a hateful person. It all started when I told him that I don't appreciate him suddenly calling me 'cisgender' with everything we ever talk about like my sexuality has anything to do with our topic of conversation.. and also, that I don't appreciate being called that at all, and I prefer the term just plain old straight. I don't want to be called a 'person' I want to be called a woman. That's what I am and what I desire to be called. I don't go around calling him a 'tranny' and I'd appreciate it if he just said 'straight' because that's what I want to be called. And if the transgender lady at my grocery store is wearing women's clothing and has a 5 o'clock shadow, I'm still calling her a 'her' because clearly that's what she wants to be called. After that, he posted something about women's rights and privilege and I said that not all women feel that way about that topic. That that's a bit offensive to say that. He ARGUED with me about it. Like he, as a man, knows far more about what women think and feel than I do. It was the most bizarre thing. The subject? Something about how men should feel bad about what they've done to women. And I said that guilt doesn't do much good.. action and attention is far better. I don't want men constantly feeling guilty for the sins of others before them.. but to move on, and do something brighter and better without that cloud of nasty following them. That the actions of many do not have to represent them as a person. He thought I was off my rocker that I didn't want him graveling at my feet apologizing everytime we talked for simply being born a male.

This guy was on a road, for a little while, of realizing his situation was... pathetic, but fixable. That at any point in time he could realize the system has mechanisms, loopholes, and things that will help people, and he could pull his way out of the rabbit hole and get the hell out of wonderland and see that reality, while gritty and harsh, is beautiful and do-able. That his "disability" he keeps getting denied (rightfully) for isn't disabling, but he does need help and he does need to get himself better. That his vision being bad and anxiety issues and depression isn't enough for the government to pay him richly for the rest of his life and that even if it was that's not what he really needs right now.

He's gone from that. To being completely hopeless now. He has no friends, and has pushed away anyone in his life that cared about him truly.. leaving only other SJW's that won't lift a finger to help him, but WILL scream for hours with him in sing-song voices about how angelkins are being mistreated by demonkins and cisgenders won't ever understand. While he plays WoW.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Hard, SD45T-2, Mane, Qlip, Dopa and 2 others liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Mod note: I've had to delete like five separate posts with personal insults, in the past page and a half. Let's keep things focused on ideas and not resort to ad hominem, shall we?

---------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You believe it is only to do with online feminism?
    It's 1000x worse because of the internet, yes. Because the internet is a rage-amplifying machine.

In Facebook's Courtroom - The New Yorker

Anger is the Internet's most powerful emotion - USA Today
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard, Passacaglia, Ivy, kyuuei liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Mod note: I've had to delete like five separate posts with personal insults, in the past page and a half. Let's keep things focused on ideas and not resort to ad hominem, shall we?

---------------------------------------

It's 1000x worse because of the internet, yes. Because the internet is a rage-amplifying machine.

In Facebook's Courtroom - The New Yorker

Anger is the Internet's most powerful emotion - USA Today
    Interesting. Thanks.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

The ideas in this thread are cold turds

Is that acceptable?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    The ideas in this thread are cold turds

Is that acceptable?
    Yep! Although most of the ideas conflict with each other, so I'm curious as to how they are all equally turd-like.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

If only everyone could calm down...
    Likes EJCC, Video liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Yep! Although most of the ideas conflict with each other, so I'm curious as to how they are all equally turd-like.
    I wanted to specify this differentiation, that not all were equally turd-like.

That would ruin the pithy illusion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So, I live a short bike ride from Berkeley. Many of my friends would in-fact characterize themselves as SJWs, I like 'em. As far as I can tell, most of them don't actually do much that makes a difference, but I think the things that they ineffectually get worked up about are worth getting worked up about. These are people who have a real cause, and don't just have a chip on their shoulder and enjoy using some sort of P.C. platform to impose on people. I've met those types, too.

There's a fine distinction between zealotry and authenticity.

I in my opinion, these people are way above those who's main cause is to consume T&A, X-Boxii, and commence dick waving without reflection.
    Likes chickpea liked this post