Thread: Otherkins

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Otherkins

Ok, so I try to not be a dick to people even if they're different to me, and even if it seems strange and frankly baffling, as long as they aren't harming anyone.

That being said, can someone explain what's up with otherkins? I'm not trying to shit on people just for being different... I guess I'm just curious and a little bewildered.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes chickpea, Passacaglia liked this post

your resident asshole

Honestly, from what I've come across, it seems to be more in line with mental illness. But I'll happily sit back and hope someone has some peer reviewed research for us.

Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have a hard time believing a human can identify with a non-human. That said, I don't especially care if you want to walk around in a minotaur costume or something, until you can get your minotaur change surgery done.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Passacaglia, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I want to come back as a house cat, but i'm not gonna pretend to be one in this life. because i'm not a cat as much as i want to be one, because licking yourself, sleeping all day, and eating that seems awesome.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

*googles Otherkin*

Wow, that's some bizarre stuff! No more bizarre than other religions, though.

And what the hell, I play D&D, so I'm already halfway to being an Otherkin on game days! Looks like I just found the perfect faith to convert to, should I ever get bitten by the believer bug.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    *googles Otherkin*

Wow, that's some bizarre stuff! No more bizarre than other religions, though.

And what the hell, I play D&D, so I'm already halfway to being an Otherkin on game days! Looks like I just found the perfect faith to convert to, should I ever get bitten by the believer bug.
    My explanation for otherkin is that people are into some weird shit, yo.

As long as they are not hurting anyone and they are happy, go for it!

Also, I play DND too...are you saying you are weird because of that pass time? I describe myself as "imaginative" (and a dork). [emoji39]
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Ever get disgusted with humanity? Ever say to yourself, "I'm not one of them"? There ya go. The Church of Scientology tells its marks initiates they are not human but superior aliens. They know their market.

(I'm not an otherkin myself, BTW.)

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Ever get disgusted with humanity? Ever say to yourself, "I'm not one of them"? There ya go. The Church of Scientology tells its marks initiates they are not human but superior aliens. They know their market.

(I'm not an otherkin myself, BTW.)
    It's tempting. I used to fantasize that I was an alien as a kid (I never actually believed that; it was always just a fantasy), but a benevolent E.T. sort of alien. Later I just decided that I was different.

Now I realize that I'm not as different as I thought; I'm human after all.

I cursed this for a while, before deciding that it was something I needed to work with. I have found sumptuous fruits along that path. I can't really hate humanity, anymore except for short-term bursts. Ultimately, that would have to include hating myself, and that is not a useful attitude to have.

Do you think otherkins have perhaps encountered Scientology teachings?

Speaking of Scientology, I recommend the Paul T. Anderson film "The Master." A quote from it was selected as my sig on a nameless internet community.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    Also, I play DND too...are you saying you are weird because of that pass time? I describe myself as "imaginative" (and a dork). [emoji39]
    Nah, I was weird before I got addicted started playing D&D. The hobby just upgraded me from 'book worm' to 'dork.'

*Goes back to reimagining The Great Wheel*

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ya'll are a bunch of transphobes!