User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Likes OliversTwisted94 liked this post

Blood and souls! Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!

More seriously...

Only an authoritian personality would ask the question, are you on the side of order or chaos?

A creative personality would ask the question are you on the side of creativity or order?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Only an authoritian personality would ask the question, [I]are you on the side of order or chaos?
    False.

Further, someone being authoritarian is not automatically a bad thing like you propose it to be. It only becomes a problem when they don't acquiesce when they should.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Kullervo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    False.

Further, someone being authoritarian is not automatically a bad thing like you propose it to be. It only becomes a problem when they don't acquiesce when they should.
    The authoritarian personality is vital to our society because they turn chaos into order.

And it is the authoritarian personalities in the military, the hard men, who keep us safe in our beds at night.

However the authoritarian personality has a dark side as well, in that the authoritarian personality is antithetical to the creative personality.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Both as the situation warrants.

"...Actually, without these slight imbalances, there could be no movement in life. It is being off balance that keeps life changing. Total centering, total balance would only be stasis. All life is continual destruction and healing, over and over again." ~ Deng Ming Dao

Every time someone innovates something they are actually harbingers of chaos. These innovations supplant old ways of doing things and in time become the way.

On 31 October 1517, Martin Luther posted the ninety-five theses, which he had composed in Latin, on the door of the church in Wittenberg, bringing with him chaos to the established order.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Flâneuse liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Order. Definitely order.

I respond very poorly to chaos, and my first gut reaction to meeting it is to apply order to it.
    This although I can see the uses of chaos, much as I can see the uses of fear, repression, hatred, etc.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Chaos does not equal to creativity, neither does creativity equal to chaos. I'm a person of order and also a creative person. Chaos will only lead to insecurity and destruction of creativity. Creativity strives in stable environments where failures are safe.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla
    Likes Mole liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Wait, the ladder pit thing is a Game of Thrones reference? My context was completely off, and I didn't get the reference or the message.

From a cursory Google search, it looks like Littlefinger is a bad guy, and he can exploit a chaotic world to his advantage simply because it's easier to rise above such a world. A true Machiavellian. This is, as @ceecee puts it, a "use" for chaos.

But even the act of rising above the chaos would necessarily require an understanding of the whole system, to make sense of it, and to (surprise!) establish some (at least internal) order to the whole situation.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

In an isolated system, entropy can only increase.

Though the "chaos" we call entropy is actually the finest order of all. All energy is distributed, all is equal and uniform.