User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 205

  1. #51
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Lawl
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #52
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry
    What if a boy has gay feelings but wants to commit to his divine partner who is a female?
    What if a boy wants to be a duck? Should we give him therapy to help him feel like one, or is it better for him to embrace the fact that he's a human being?

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry
    What if he knows his gay feelings stem from never feeling loved by his father, and being abused by his mother; that the receptor sites and synapses in his brain over time became set to seeking out the love of a male father figure or boy figure because he desperately needed to feel the love and protection he never got from his dad, or because he wants to feel--up close and personally--how it feels to love himself as the boy he never really got to be?
    If this were the causal mechanism for male homosexuality, and it clearly isn't, as anyone can see by looking at the fact that homosexuality exists in species that don't follow the human parenting model, it would suggest that homosexuality arises as a beneficial adaptation to negative circumstances. Your imaginary boy has developed a behavior that allows him to fulfill what would otherwise be an unmet need. His only psychological problem is that he has an ego-dystonic sexual orientation, which is an issue different from homosexuality and one that people of all orientations can suffer from.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry
    Is it not like telling someone who overeats for emotional reasons that it's okay to be fat
    The fact that you're comparing romantic love and an appreciation for the beauty of the human form with overeating says a lot about your worldview.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry
    Wow. I admire your ability to twist scripture to fit your imagination.
    No, it's twisting scripture to fit your imagination when you add things to the text that are not there on the page. Nowhere in the pages of the Bible is it stated that homosexuality or homosexual sex are sins. What the Bible states regarding men sleeping with men is unspecific to the point that it's not clear it's referring to any form of gay sex. And what Paul states regarding same-sex attractions is that they are erroneous and vile, which is distinct from saying that they are sinful. A misspelled word is an error, and the smell of an unwashed foot is frequently vile; neither are sinful. The prohibitions were addressed, moreover, to a specific group of people at a specific point in history. The Bible does not state that God wished those laws to be followed by everyone else or that he wished for them to be followed for the rest of time. By stating otherwise, you're amending the word of the Bible, which is something I would be afraid to do if I were in your position.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeAwryGone
    You put (incorrect) words into God's mouth when you speak about the sexual acts He means between men and women.
    Those are the words that God communicated to me. And when you contradict myself and God, you're playing a dangerous game.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeAwryGone
    I became born again because of my Beloved, and because of circumstances I got myself into by abandoning God.
    So there are negative circumstances that led you to adopt a certain form of Christianity, which means you don't really believe your argument that homosexuality is wrong because it is inspired by negative circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeAwryGone
    I believe the Bible is as perfect a work into the mind of God as we have. I believe most of the writing in it was inspired by holy men and women of God. I believe the Bible is a guidebook to living a holy and perfect life, inasmuch as possible. But I believe His Holy Spirit has dominion over a person's soul, not the Bible.
    Then stop quoting the Bible as an authority on the matter, and let the Holy Spirit do the talking. The Holy Spirit has not chosen to convey to me an understanding that homosexuality is evil, so I assume that, at least for me, it isn't.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

  3. #53
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    I think AGA is partly saying that according to the bible homosexuality is wrong. I did a research this as well as talk to some Christian friends about it. My research led me to conclude that there are 4 places in the bible where it is mentioned with some references of the sin being clearer than others. Personally, I don't agree with it. I think if it weren't for Paul's references it would most likely be ambiguous and I find at times he was overly influenced by the old testament. In either case AGA is just stating views that a large number of Christians hold. People might disagree with those things but I see no reason to attack her for having an unpopular view.

  4. #54
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think AGA is partly saying that according to the bible homosexuality is wrong. I did a research this as well as talk to some Christian friends about it. My research led me to conclude that there are 4 places in the bible where it is mentioned with some references of the sin being clearer than others. Personally, I don't agree with it. I think if it weren't for Paul's references it would most likely be ambiguous and I find at times he was overly influenced by the old testament. In either case AGA is just stating views that a large number of Christians hold. People might disagree with those things but I see no reason to attack her for having an unpopular view.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think if it weren't for Paul's references it would most likely be ambiguous and I find at times he was overly influenced by the old testament.
    Obviously he was influenced by the Old Testament: there was no New Testament yet. More importantly, however, early Christians considered themselves Jews.

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    In either case AGA is just stating views that a large number of Christians hold. People might disagree with those things but I see no reason to attack her for having an unpopular view.
    Her posts are being attacked for being willfully ignorant, offensive, atrociously argued, reactionary concoctions of old lies and delusions. If you go around insulting people's intelligence left and right, you cannot expect to be well-received.
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Hard liked this post

  6. #56
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to politics!
    Screw that; let's talk about politics for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to religion!
    Screw that; let's talk about religion for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to abortion!
    Screw that; let's talk about abortion for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to homosexuality!
    Screw that; let's talk about homosexuality for the hundredth time!
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes prplchknz, Hard, Cellmold liked this post

  7. #57
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    Who, if not the government, do you want to make the laws? Review sites like Yelp?
    There shouldn't be any consumer protection laws. The word gets out if a company is selling a faulty product and they'll go out of business. Every year, thousands of bad restaurants go under and there is no need for any governmental body to tell us that a business sucks. We'll find out. What is needed is competition. Competition will automatically spur businesses to produce higher quality products (for example, the Intel vs AMD microchip wars). Furthermore, many stores and businesses already offer warranties and refunds without any government laws.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  8. #58
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to politics!
    Screw that; let's talk about politics for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to religion!
    Screw that; let's talk about religion for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to abortion!
    Screw that; let's talk about abortion for the hundredth time!

    Hey, everyone! The OP is on a subject that's only really halfway related to homosexuality!
    Screw that; let's talk about homosexuality for the hundredth time!
    its not even half way about abortion though.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #59
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    There shouldn't be any consumer protection laws. The word gets out if a company is selling a faulty product and they'll go out of business. Every year, thousands of bad restaurants go under and there is no need for any governmental body to tell us that a business sucks. We'll find out. What is needed is competition. Competition will automatically spur businesses to produce higher quality products (for example, the Intel vs AMD microchip wars). Furthermore, many stores and businesses already offer warranties and refunds without any government laws.
    What a profoundly naive understanding of the market and human behavior you have. No wonder you are a libertarian.

    The company that developed and sold Thalidomide is still in business today, by the way.
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Hard, kyuuei liked this post

  10. #60
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    The company that developed and sold Thalidomide is still in business today, by the way.
    The drug industry is also heavily regulated and that didn't help. The educational system is also heavily regulated and many are still terrible. What people fail to understand is that most consumer protection laws are not meant to protect anyone but the trial lawyer industry. Consumer protection laws encourage lawsuits and ultimately raise the price of goods and services for everyone.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 10:49 PM
  2. Denmark's prime minister says Bernie Sanders is wrong to call his country socialist
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:28 PM
  3. all scans says my computer is clean
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
  4. What type would you say this guy is?
    By Samvega in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO