User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 205

  1. #41
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my understanding is ignorance doesn't get you out of punishment for committing a crime. If I got a ticket for jay walking (stupidest thing ever) I would still have to pay the ticket. and the fact they were reporting 70% success rates goes beyond ignorance, yeah the might've thought they were doing a good thing, but why did they have to lie about their success rate then? I mean really they could just get some brain washed patients get statements from them (of course before they get unbrain washed by society at large) weak minded people, who are probably gonna join dooms day cults and commit mass suicide any ways. oh wait probably because they couldn't find any because it's that pseudo sciencey. HA! I win.
    Well, the question is -- should this be considered a crime? Or what makes it a crime? Would changing the parameters (like not setting a fee, or advertising "statistics" that cannot be proven) make it not a crime per se?

    A lot of these people who ask for help for whatever reason are going because they just happen to believe or been led to believe there is something wrong with them. That's not always "weak-willed" if you've been raised a certain way from birth or stand to lose everything -- your family, your community -- if you don't make an attempt to change. But it does definitely make them vulnerable to these kinds of "services."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #42
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, the question is -- should this be considered a crime? Or what makes it a crime? Would changing the parameters (like not setting a fee, or advertising "statistics" that cannot be proven) make it not a crime per se?

    A lot of these people who ask for help for whatever reason are going because they just happen to believe or been led to believe there is something wrong with them. That's not always "weak-willed" if you've been raised a certain way from birth or stand to lose everything -- your family, your community -- if you don't make an attempt to change. But it does definitely make them vulnerable to these kinds of "services."
    no not everyone who goes is weak-willed, but the people who believe it worked are. see the difference?

    i'm pretty sure blantant false advertisement has been illegal for awhile now though
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #43
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I think it is a fraud, but I don't think it's the government's role to define it as fraud.
    Who, if not the government, do you want to make the laws? Review sites like Yelp?

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ^if being gay is the same as being fat then stop being straight, go on force yourself to be aroused by a woman. it's ok you can repent you'll still get into heaven
    The fun fact here is that AGA is bisexual, which, I guess, is why she has never been able to understand the concept of sexual orientation.
    Likes Hard, Passacaglia, ReadingRainbows liked this post

  4. #44
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Who, if not the government, do you want to make the laws? Review sites like Yelp?


    The fun fact here is that AGA is bisexual, which, I guess, is why she has never been able to understand the concept of sexual orientation.
    is she really? I had my suspicions tbh
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #45
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    is she really? I had my suspicions tbh
    Yes. It came out in one of her many sexuality-related threads.

  6. #46
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yes. It came out in one of her many sexuality-related threads.
    there's like at least 500 of those
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #47
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    there's like at least 500 of those
    Here is one reference. There are more.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  8. #48
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    and the fact they were reporting 70% success rates goes beyond ignorance, yeah the might've thought they were doing a good thing, but why did they have to lie about their success rate then?
    Oh. Yeah, that would do it. That makes this one pretty clear-cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you think there's a difference depending on how it's promoted and whether money is accepted for the "service" being provided, since it's typically tied into ministry anyway?
    Hell, that's a good question. If there's money trading hands, then there has to be some solid definition of consumer fraud.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  9. #49
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You seem angry with me.

    I'm sorry if I've offended you. <3
    Your words are offensive. I'm not angry with you, but you are definitely spouting ignorance that is really frustrating and infuriating.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Hard liked this post

  10. #50
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Nah. It's more on par with being fat because of lifelong unhealthy eating habits or filling your stomach because of emotional reasons. Eye color is given by God, just as one's sex is.

    It's not the same to say one is born gay because God makes man and woman fit together perfectly, mind, heart, and body! Man is not made to be with man, although they can be. We are given free will.

    The only problem with free will is that when it deviates from God's will for us, as it does in the realm of life partnership for men living a sexually gay lifestyle, it means they are not going to live up to the fullest expression of who they are as people. We can't because God only has a plan for us, and has made a perfect partner for us. To live a life of our choosing is our right, given by Him, but it's just not going to provide as much happiness as Him choosing our mate would (or perhaps He has a life of solitude for some). Not only that, but every male who chooses to be with another male chooses also for his intended mate, having a ripple effect on many people's lives that is really unknowable.

    Men in prison become gay because they are being lustful and want to get their rocks off. You can have intimacy without having sexual relations. I think it's rather disgusting how in our culture we equate intimacy needs with sexual orientation. We identify ourselves more by who we want to sex with than focusing on whether our ideal partner has entered our lives, or when they will enter our lives! I've said it a million times, you can sex anything or anyone and all that tells me is that there are many ways to have an orgasm, or to get off.

    I support people's right to choose to live in their free will. I support more their right to live in God's will for them is all.
    Did I tell you I came out as gay the other week?

    I think it was from reading clearly thought out ideas like the ones in this post.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 10:49 PM
  2. Denmark's prime minister says Bernie Sanders is wrong to call his country socialist
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:28 PM
  3. all scans says my computer is clean
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
  4. What type would you say this guy is?
    By Samvega in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO