User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 205

  1. #91
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I guess thinking about it some more, it could be that the bible is the greatest collection of wisdom all in one place that's ever been assembled.
    Not really. But it certainly is one of the bigger collections of follies.

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Thalidomide is a legitimate treatment for leukemia and some (so far) unavoidable sequelae of treatment.
    Which killed and deformed thousands of children in the 50s and 60s. This was not a medical point, though, but one about bad restaurants going out of business according to Tellenbach's childish idea of capitalism.
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Passacaglia liked this post

  2. #92
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    So what do you view homosexuality as then? As disorder, or not. Or are you saying it's neither on the grounds that psychology is bunk.
    Morally wrong (just as say, fornication, or gluttony are wrong); but psychology has become a substitute for religion (or what passes for the remnants of a religion) in much of an irreligious society.
    This'd be another thread hijack; but a lot of criticism against what AGA has said, is on the basis that the Bible was written by men, and therefore how can you justify forcing your beliefs etc.;
    but it is fair to note that psychology has always been known as developed by men, but it gets a pass because science.

    But it is neither science, as both Mole and Nobel physicist Richard Feynman tell us (and because, if you read the background on standardized tests, they are merely statistical in nature but purport to
    predict specifics about, or to categorize, an inividual); and they are implicitly standards-based (e.g. the MMPI was originally normed on teenage boys in Minnesota in the 1940s, although there
    have been updates; there are other, *methoological* criticisms). It's funny, by the way, since the APA depathologized homosexuality, to read the hand-waving about homosexual indicators
    on the MMPI, and to apply those ostensible reasons to the other axes of the test. [" *whose* standards?" always gets applied against the right, but not the left]

    I could address a couple of other corollary or follow-on topics, but they'd devolve into food fights faster than you could say "Stonewall riots".
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  3. #93
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Not really. But it certainly is one of the bigger collections of follies.


    Which killed and deformed thousands of children in the 50s and 60s. This was not a medical point, though, but one about bad restaurants going out of business according to Tellenbach's childish idea of capitalism.
    Thalidomide was given in the 50s and 60s, for morning sickness. A convenience, not a necessity.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Morally wrong (just as say, fornication, or gluttony are wrong) [...]
    How do you know it is morally wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    This'd be another thread hijack; but a lot of criticism against what AGA has said, is on the basis that the Bible was written by men, and therefore how can you justify forcing your beliefs etc.;
    but it is fair to note that psychology has always been known as developed by men, but it gets a pass because science.
    The fact which nullifies arguments based on Biblical authority is not that it was written by male human beings, but that it was not written, conceived or inspired by any divine being endowed with good old omniscience. We can argue about the epistemological nature of facts, but as long as there is no evidence for her idiotic claims (and plenty against), they will remain just that.

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Thalidomide was given in the 50s and 60s, for morning sickness. A convenience, not a necessity.
    I know. Again, though, 'not a medical point'.
    Likes Hard, Passacaglia liked this post

  5. #95
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    OK, let's sow the apple of discord.

    What about the right of a woman to have an abortion should she find out the baby, once born, is genetically predisposed to be gay?
    No no no non no no abortion debate no
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, ReadingRainbows liked this post

  6. #96
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post






    But you know...no homo bro.
    Kinda reads like 50 Shades.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  7. #97
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you have any better ideas?
    On this JONAH thing, prpl had shared something with me that made me realize that, yes, this one's a court issue.

    If we're speaking generally about things that are bad but where the court shouldn't intervene, I'd have to take any better ideas on a case-by-case~ basis.
    Whether they honestly believe it will cure whatever ailment they claim to treat, or know it's bunk and just want the money, their claims are fradulent once publicly disproven.
    The claims of the seller, regardless of their intent, will be proven to be false, sure. But fraud, in the legal sense at least, is defined in part by deliberate deception on the part of the seller.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  8. #98
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    ...This'd be another thread hijack
    You know, I've seen you call out your own thread hijacks on multiple occasions now. Why not stop hijacking threads and just create a new one to discuss topics of interest to you? Kind of a good rule for everyone, I think.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard, ReadingRainbows liked this post

  9. #99
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Morally wrong (just as say, fornication, or gluttony are wrong); but psychology has become a substitute for religion (or what passes for the remnants of a religion) in much of an irreligious society.
    This'd be another thread hijack; but a lot of criticism against what AGA has said, is on the basis that the Bible was written by men, and therefore how can you justify forcing your beliefs etc.;
    but it is fair to note that psychology has always been known as developed by men, but it gets a pass because science.

    But it is neither science, as both Mole and Nobel physicist Richard Feynman tell us (and because, if you read the background on standardized tests, they are merely statistical in nature but purport to
    predict specifics about, or to categorize, an inividual); and they are implicitly standards-based (e.g. the MMPI was originally normed on teenage boys in Minnesota in the 1940s, although there
    have been updates; there are other, *methoological* criticisms). It's funny, by the way, since the APA depathologized homosexuality, to read the hand-waving about homosexual indicators
    on the MMPI, and to apply those ostensible reasons to the other axes of the test. [" *whose* standards?" always gets applied against the right, but not the left]

    I could address a couple of other corollary or follow-on topics, but they'd devolve into food fights faster than you could say "Stonewall riots".
    Wow. I am sorry I ever respected you.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Passacaglia liked this post

  10. #100
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    here is why i can never say someone's sexuality is wrong, and mean it: your personally sexuality only effects you and the person you sleep with rest of us not a thing. @Hard being gay does not effect me in the slightest I don't lose sleep over it i'm not harmed in anyway, just like if you're straight that doesn't effect him. what is right or wrong is more of does it cause harm, making you uncomfortable or because it's in the bible does neither. you're just uncomfortable so what? no actual harm is being brought to you.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Hard, Passacaglia liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 10:49 PM
  2. Denmark's prime minister says Bernie Sanders is wrong to call his country socialist
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:28 PM
  3. all scans says my computer is clean
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
  4. What type would you say this guy is?
    By Samvega in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO